Mid-South Coliseum-Memphis TN
The Omni-Atlanta GE
Sportatorium-Dallas TX
Cow Palace-San Francisco CA

kliquehog

I got to say the Mid-south Coliseum!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Harper Stadium at Kay-Rogers Park.

Or the parking lot of what used to be the Walmart on Midland in FS.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: The Chief on May 15, 2016, 02:29:04 pm

I thought it was the Alma Sonic?
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

PorkRinds

Quote from: The Chief on May 15, 2016, 02:29:04 pm

I went to matches at both locations.  Got to see the Von Erics vs Kamala and Iceman King Parsons.  Awesome memories.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 16, 2016, 02:04:18 pm
I went to matches at both locations.  Got to see the Von Erics vs Kamala and Iceman King Parsons.  Awesome memories.

JYD at the Midland Walmart. He took my lawn chair and smacked a dude with it.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

PorkRinds

Quote from: The Chief on May 16, 2016, 09:13:59 pm
JYD at the Midland Walmart. He took my lawn chair and smacked a dude with it.

Dude, I was there! Have we had this conversation before?  I feel like we may have.  Lol.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 17, 2016, 08:46:44 am
Dude, I was there! Have we had this conversation before?  I feel like we may have.  Lol.

Probably.  It's the only cool thing that's ever happened to me. Haha.

PorkRinds

I also remember being really freaked out by "the thing" at the matches at Harper stadium. He was so weird and I was super young. Then after the matches there were autographs and he was the nicest one of the bunch!

DeltaBoy

Memphis
Dallas
Madison Square Garden
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hvsupastar

"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

yraciv

Quote from: hvsupastar on May 19, 2016, 09:25:41 am
Rosemont Horizon in Chicago

Well it's technically in Rosemont, now Allstate Arena!  ;)

yraciv

May 19, 2016, 09:38:59 am #11 Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 05:10:00 pm by yraciv
May I ask what the criteria for what the greatest wrestling venue is?  Considering there is nothing advantageous that differentiates any arena from another in wrestling, I'd say Cowboy Stadium.  It's the nicest, biggest venue, and just hosted a pretty epic Wrestlemania.  Or is there such thing as too big?

husker71

Pork Rinds is right    the Thing was a scary dude    I vote for the Sportatorium and Mid South for sure BUT Madison Square Garden must have been something in the 50s and 60s   just by watching on youtube

GuvHog

Quote from: husker71 on May 24, 2016, 11:25:21 am
Pork Rinds is right    the Thing was a scary dude    I vote for the Sportatorium and Mid South for sure BUT Madison Square Garden must have been something in the 50s and 60s   just by watching on youtube

I agree about the Sportatorium. Kinda sad that it's gone now.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

husker71

I was playing a $.25 video poker machine at Jerrys Silver Nugget in North Las Vegas (used to have the best for the price prime rib in all of Vegas)  when JYD came down and sat next to me.  I know how I hate to be bothered when I am gambling so I never said a word to him but some did so he got up and left (or maybe the machine was just not paying)  This had to happen 20 years ago

oldman1015

Quote from: husker71 on May 29, 2016, 02:09:16 pm
I was playing a $.25 video poker machine at Jerrys Silver Nugget in North Las Vegas (used to have the best for the price prime rib in all of Vegas)  when JYD came down and sat next to me.  I know how I hate to be bothered when I am gambling so I never said a word to him but some did so he got up and left (or maybe the machine was just not paying)  This had to happen 20 years ago
when I was in high school half our football team would go to Greenville, ms once a month. junkyard dog, ted dibease, paul ellering and many more. it was fun. 5 matches and 3 good guys won every time. always knew who was going to win the main event. almost like it was set up.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: oldman1015 on July 06, 2016, 01:22:07 pm
when I was in high school half our football team would go to Greenville, ms once a month. junkyard dog, ted dibease, paul ellering and many more. it was fun. 5 matches and 3 good guys won every time. always knew who was going to win the main event. almost like it was set up.

Almost......

husker71

Ted Dibiase was a great high school diver.   His father Iron Mike died in the ring.

CaddoHog

Irish McNeil's - Sports for Boys
(Shreveport,La.)

-    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -

CaddoHog:  the most hated member on Hogville.net
(for the reasons of _______________________ )

Kevin

the Omni in Atlanta did not make the list
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

I voted sportatorium in Dallas because of my memories growing up and staying up late on Sat nights to watch WCCCW with my dad.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TushCrush

Quote from: husker71 on July 08, 2016, 01:24:18 pm
Ted Dibiase was a great high school diver.   His father Iron Mike died in the ring.
Stayed in Dibiase's apartment one night in Tulsa. I was with Mike McGuirk - Leroy McGuirk's daughter.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: TushCrush on February 04, 2017, 03:15:48 pm
Stayed in Dibiase's apartment one night in Tulsa. I was with Mike McGuirk - Leroy McGuirk's daughter.

I'd love to hear some of your stories.  McGuirk was the man in wrestling back when I was a kid - not as a wrestler but as a promoter.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DeltaBoy

WE got bloody at Barton Coliseum in 82-83 when we were court side and the RNR Express was wrestling the Midnight Express in a Barbed wired ring match.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.