Previous topic - Next topic

Scott7703

psycHOGlogist

Scott7703

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 14, 2017, 09:41:03 pm
Do you do this if you are staying put?

https://twitter.com/aaliwilson2/status/863929081339006976

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah that doesn't make me feel very good about her being back here. Flippin may know more on this.

Hogtied85

Quote from: Scott7703 on May 14, 2017, 09:47:02 pm

Yeah that doesn't make me feel very good about her being back here. Flippin may know more on this.

I think she stays... I was looking at her twitter account noticed something interesting. Aaliyah wasn't following all three coaches but now she is. It may seem like nothing but I'm very hopeful.

psycHOGlogist

I don't think it's particularly proof of anything, but she is not following Todd Schaefer. He is following her, but not the other way around. She is following Goldwire and Neighbors.

flippinhogmana

flippin has no more clue than any of the rest of you
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

hog63

She had cancelled previous visits however she did have one planned this weekend and it's my understanding she did go on that one.

Scott7703

Quote from: hog63 on May 15, 2017, 05:02:02 pm
She had cancelled previous visits however she did have one planned this weekend and it's my understanding she did go on that one.

This doesn't make me feel good. I liked the way you started but not where it finished. I bet she's gone.

BWS

In my opinion, I think she's weighing all options. She's basically going through the recruiting process all over again.

nwahogfan1

Anyone have a guess of when?

psycHOGlogist

Well, she is heading to a USA U-19 tryout in Colorado Springs that runs from May 18-21. Her visit to wherever will end before then. I suspect she'll announce before she goes, or very shortly after the camp.

psycHOGlogist

RD just tweeted this - could be Wilson re-committing, or could be a new signing/transfer that flippin alluded to recently. Hope RD is right -- and he usually is!

https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/864542139484696578

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 16, 2017, 01:13:44 pm
RD just tweeted this - could be Wilson re-committing, or could be a new signing/transfer that flippin alluded to recently. Hope RD is right -- and he usually is!

https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/864542139484696578

Bigger news than getting the #23 2016 pg to transfer here?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 16, 2017, 01:21:26 pm
Bigger news than getting the #23 2016 pg to transfer here?

Probably not, but another good player.

flippinhogmana

word on the street is that it is the 61 ranked player in the 2016 class, 5-11 guard from Sapulpa Ok (just down the street).  MM was ranked 62 that year.  Big game standout in hs.

psycHOGlogist

Well, the USA tryout camp started today, and she still hasn't made an announcement (despite saying "stay tuned" on the 14th). I presume she'll announce her intention after the tryout?

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/

Per the link above, the official end of the spring signing period (I think? I'm not really an expert on these rules) was May 17. Not sure if that signifies anything -- my gut still tells me she's leaving. But ... I guess I'll just repeat myself: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nwahogfan1

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 18, 2017, 10:52:29 am
Well, the USA tryout camp started today, and she still hasn't made an announcement (despite saying "stay tuned" on the 14th). I presume she'll announce her intention after the tryout?

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/

Per the link above, the official end of the spring signing period (I think? I'm not really an expert on these rules) was May 17. Not sure if that signifies anything -- my gut still tells me she's leaving. But ... I guess I'll just repeat myself: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would be surprised if her decision has not already been made to the Coach and he is planning accordingly.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 18, 2017, 12:21:18 pm
I would be surprised if her decision has not already been made to the Coach and he is planning accordingly.

Agree completely.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 18, 2017, 12:21:18 pm

Agree completely.

I also agree with Psych.  As I pointed out to another member, and as Psych showed in the scholarship breakdowns over the next couple of years, he needs a couple o schollies to pick up some big people.  If he doesn't have them we are going too short for too long.  I also pointed out to another and different member that I doubt Neighbors recruits especially Ms. Dungee if Wilson is expected back.  they are almost exactly the same size and skill set. 

yraciv

Wilson didn't make the team that was announced today.

hawg1221

Well, I guess decision time is very near.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: hawg1221 on May 22, 2017, 08:19:19 pm
Well, I guess decision time is very near.

I think she has already decided she is leaving.  I think she has told MN that, and I think the only thing remaining is the announcement.

Think about it, with the seven other women who stayed, the two freshmen, and the four transfers, that's 13 schollies, and we have only the freshman Weaver bigger than 6-1.  We need those two schollies to recruit two quality bigs.  Williams isnt coming and we are already guard/forward heavy.  We only pick up one schoolie next year when Cosper uses up her eligibility. Mn recruited Dungee who plays the same spot much the same way and is an inch taller because he knew Wilson wasnt coming back. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 22, 2017, 11:16:56 pm
I think she has already decided she is leaving.  I think she has told MN that, and I think the only thing remaining is the announcement.

Think about it, with the seven other women who stayed, the two freshmen, and the four transfers, that's 13 schollies, and we have only the freshman Weaver bigger than 6-1.  We need those two schollies to recruit two quality bigs.  Williams isnt coming and we are already guard/forward heavy.  We only pick up one schoolie next year when Cosper uses up her eligibility. Mn recruited Dungee who plays the same spot much the same way and is an inch taller because he knew Wilson wasnt coming back. 

Makes sense to me.  We definitely need some bigs. 

But I am wondering since only around 7-9 players play meaningful minutes a year if CMN would be able to keep the players he is developing  or would they want to leave to get minutes.?

Scott7703

The longer this drags on without an announcement that she is leaving the more likely I feel that she stays put.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Scott7703 on May 26, 2017, 08:03:44 pm
The longer this drags on without an announcement that she is leaving the more likely I feel that she stays put.

I have been wondering the same thing>  This is nothing but weird.

psycHOGlogist

It does seem to be dragging on. But there are several other folks who have also announced that they are transferring but who have not said where they are going. Jessica Shepard from Nebraska is probably the biggest name still out there, but there is also Te'a Cooper from TN, Erin Boley from Notre Dame, Nancy Mulkey from OU, Dominique McBryde from Purdue, McKenzie Calvert from Kansas (and formerly from Southern Cal), and others.

Have seen several writers talk about how the huge number of transfers has really screwed with the recruiting schedule, and it's having a big impact on 2018 recruiting, too, as schools are slow to make commit-able offers to 2018s because they are waiting on 2017 transfers.

FWIW, I am still not expecting Wilson back. But at this point, I wouldn't rule anything out.

psycHOGlogist

It's official - she's leaving for TAMU.

Wish her well, except when she plays us.

https://twitter.com/aaliwilson2/status/868986889679798272

psycHOGlogist

Not a surprise, really - she played AAU ball with a lot of TAMU players.

tophawg19

could the staff not have blocked her transfer to another west team? at least force her out of the SEC
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

psycHOGlogist

They could have. They chose not to.

tophawg19

curious that we would help a team we will have to play against . They already have plenty to chose from

Hogtied85

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 28, 2017, 07:51:54 pm
curious that we would help a team we will have to play against . They already have plenty to chose from

I wish her well. Now we can focus on the players that want to be here.

psycHOGlogist

If you put restrictions on a player, it's often resented by not only the player but the player's club. If you want to maintain relations with the club program, you suck it up and let them go where they want. She has to sit out a year, anyway.

Plus, if you want to play 11-dimensional chess about it, Wilson was reported to be something of an attitude case and unpopular teammate (this is, admittedly, rumor, but it is out there). Why not export that to a conference foe?

tophawg19

hadn't heard that part. but that is an interesting theory and it opens a spot for a big player . I just hate giving the AG's a good player

logic

I probably would have allowed her to play anywhere except the SEC because when we play TA&M, she will have the best game of her career and beat us.  It is no different than when a player leaves the state to play for another team. If and when that team plays the Razorbacks, the player always has his or her best game of the season.

rolyat_2008

We will be fine. Annoying with A&M and Blair though

tophawg19

well she will have some insight into our players strengths and weaknesses but since she sits a year, a lot will have changed . especially with new coaches

flippinhogmana

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 28, 2017, 09:19:44 pm
well she will have some insight into our players strengths and weaknesses but since she sits a year, a lot will have changed . especially with new coaches

She wont know the two freshmen at all, she wont know the four new players at all, and she wont know the two additional players we recruit in the meantime.  Plus we will be playing a whole new style of play.  Her knowledge will be dated and limited.

LadybackBBFan

I did not hear the same negative comments when JD let Jordon Danberry transfer to Mississippi State.

BWS

May 29, 2017, 09:29:58 am #39 Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:20:23 am by BWS
As another poster mentioned, signing Golden and Dungee pretty much confirmed she wasn't coming back. Given Neighbors and Blair's relationship, I wouldn't be surprised if CMN recommended that she transfer to A&M.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: BWS on May 29, 2017, 09:29:58 am
As another poster mentioned, signing Golden and Dungee pretty much confirmed she wasn't coming back. Given Neighbors and Blair's relationship, I wouldn't be surprised if CMN recommended that she transfer to A&M.

I agree with that, and when you factor in that she is friendly with incoming freshman Chennedy Carter and incoming transfer (from Louisville) Ciera Johnson, and she is landing in a place where she will feel connected to her teammates more than she did here. Like I said - wish her well, except when she plays us.

yraciv

Why the hell would we  continue to not block SEC transfers? First Danberry then this? This would never be allowed with men's transfers.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Short term thinking here is yes block her from SEC school.  Long term thinking it's not necessarily a bad thing.  Shows MN is a good guy if that is where she wants to go I'm not going to stop her.

Here's the other thing since things were so bad under JD and he was so inept and players just not happy, for the current ones that want to leave letting them go where ever they want is a bit of an apology from the administration.  Basically saying sorry we did not fire that miserable &^#! coach sooner, and that you had the misfortune of being coached by him.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hoglady

Yep - the players paid the highest price for our little PR experiment in choosing a head coach.
I say let any of the players who had to deal with all that, go wherever they want to.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HognitiveDissonance

Wilson's decision stinks. For us, maybe not for her.

She was our best chance to be relevant next year. Unless Neighbors can work some miracles.

jackflash

Of all the  women transferring  the one I am interested in is Mulkey from Oklahoma

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: jackflash on July 02, 2017, 09:19:34 am
  Of all the  women transferring  the one I am interested in is Mulkey from Oklahoma

She is going to Rice, which is essentially staying home. And admitting that she was hugely over-rated as a recruit.

hog63

Quote from: jackflash on July 02, 2017, 09:19:34 am

Mulkey is a cousin to Katie Powell that played here for a year and had one of the worst attitudes ever. Powell is the girl that got into a brawl at UNLV last year. Mulkey came to a couple of games that year and had basically the same attitude as Powell. It is a good thing she did not consider us.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: hog63 on July 07, 2017, 03:29:03 pm
Mulkey is a cousin to Katie Powell that played here for a year and had one of the worst attitudes ever. Powell is the girl that got into a brawl at UNLV last year. Mulkey came to a couple of games that year and had basically the same attitude as Powell. It is a good thing she did not consider us.
All of what you say may or may not be true, but what I know is that Powell's mother was the poison pen.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on July 08, 2017, 08:18:12 am
All of what you say may or may not be true, but what I know is that Powell's mother was the poison pen.

I dont know but- one, we didnt get her, two- I too agree both her ability and attitude and team support was questionable.  This young lady may be five inches shorter and I have questioned her experience and rating up until now but nonetheless look at what she says in this article.  i will will take her over Mulkey any day and for the next four years. 

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Welcome-Weaver-1.jpg

The 2017-18 Razorback women's basketball season is just around the corner and there are a lot of great things going on at Arkansas.
We have hired a new coaching staff and we welcome several new players to our roster as we move into this season. Who are these players? Where do they come from and what things do they like?
This is the third in a series of "Welcome To The Neighborhood" features as we introduce our newcomers and learn more about our returners.
Up next, freshman Macy Weaver.
• Who would you most like to play HORSE with and why?
I would play horse with my high school coach Bob Mellon just to show him who's boss!
• When did you start playing basketball?
I started playing basketball when I was in the fourth grade.
• What is your major and what are your career plans after college?
I'm undecided, but I have a few interests like educating children, criminal justice, and horticulture.
• What is your favorite basketball drill?
By far, my favorite drill is speed shooting, It's where two people take a jump shot while the other takes a layup. You have three minutes to get as many points as you can.
• What are you most excited about in coming to Arkansas?
I'm most excited about experiencing the southern culture, and of course to be a Razorback!
What kind of teammate are you?
I'm the kind of teammate who is encouraging, loyal, and someone that you can always depend on.

• Do you have a pregame ritual that you do before games?
Before almost every game my assistant high school coach Bob Mellon would grab my head and tell me, "don't suck."
• Is there a significance to your jersey number?
The number 30 was one of the first numbers I started with, so I stuck with it!
• What is something in your locker that would surprise people?
Someone would be surprised that I always have an eyelash curler in my locker.
• What are some of your goals at Arkansas?
My goals are to always stay motivated, be successful, and always play hard and give it my all.
• What is the first thing you would do if you were the head coach of a basketball team?
If I were head coach of a basketball team, I would get the kids started on fundamentals, form shooting and stationary dribbling skills.
• What are 1-2 things you would tell your younger self?
Live up the little moments as much as you can and never to give up on what you believe in.
• What would you name the autobiography of your life and why?
The name of the autobiography of my life would be called, "My Life In a Short World."
• What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
Going through the recruiting process, knowing what I really want in life. If I want it bad enough I always have to work hard to make it possible.
Parents Names: Teri and Brent Weaver
Siblings Names and Ages: Older brother Tyler and younger brother Will – and a dog named Wrigley
Birthday: May 28
Favorites
What is your favorite food? | Steak
What's the #1 most played song on your phone? | "Stitches" by Shawn Mendes
What is one of your favorite quotes? | "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
What is your favorite book? | "Pride and Prejudice"
What is your favorite movie? | Dodgeball – "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball"
What is your favorite class/subject to study? | Physics and horticulture