Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What are the chances?

Started by bobcat ball, January 13, 2008, 10:11:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bobcat ball

That we lose any of the Camden kids or any of the Warren kids and what are the chances that we pick up some recruits that nobody knew that we were in on in the first place, such as the Dean kid or the big DT from Alabama etc.
WOO PIG

VenturaHog

We are on track to get all the camden and warren players.

Amityvillehogger

I don't think we'll lose any from Camden.  Warren either.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

VenturaHog

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: bobcat ball on January 13, 2008, 10:11:28 pm
That we lose any of the Camden kids or any of the Warren kids and what are the chances that we pick up some recruits that nobody knew that we were in on in the first place, such as the Dean kid or the big DT from Alabama etc.

Coach Markuson is the only serious threat to steal a recruit (Matt Hall) but their coaching staff seems so focused & consumed on attempting to take current Arkansas verbals that they will find themselves wasteing a lot of time and effort instead of solidifying what Coach Oregon left them and filling out those open spots.   Ole Miss has a Gold Mine of JUCO's & in Memphis High School's being right up the road.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Dr Swineglove

January 13, 2008, 10:56:09 pm #5 Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 10:59:54 pm by Dr Swineglove
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 13, 2008, 10:37:02 pm
Coach Markuson is the only serious threat to steal a recruit (Matt Hall) but their coaching staff seems so focused & consumed on attempting to take current Arkansas verbals that they will find themselves wasteing a lot of time and effort instead of solidifying what Coach Oregon left them and filling out those open spots.   Ole Miss has a Gold Mine of JUCO's & in Memphis High School's being right up the road.

Thanks for the info Stewie!  In your opinion, how are we doing with Matt Hall?  I know you mentioned we have the last official visit, which should be golden.

I checked Rivals - Nutt really is screwing the pooch.  Right now he only has sixteen (still) committed, eight of whom are rated two star or lower.  No wonder he's trying to steal ours...
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on January 13, 2008, 10:56:09 pm
Thanks for the info Stewie!  In your opinion, how are we doing with Matt Hall?  I know you mentioned we have the last official visit, which should be golden.

I checked Rivals - Nutt really is screwing the pooch.  Right now he only has sixteen (still) committed, eight of whom are rated two star or lower.  No wonder he's trying to steal ours...

Coach Nutt has a state full of impact JUCO's and the 11th largest pop. City in America 45minutes north of campus (Full of H.S. recruits) he has no excuse Miss. St isn't getting them all.   Arkansas recruits are playing him for free trips just like the Texas recruits use too.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Oklahawg

You can tell HDN didn't want to leave UA as he hasn't let go of UA and embraced OM. It will cause this first recruiting class at OM to really be subpar, unless the top commits from Orgeron stick with them. Still, that would require HDN working to keep them.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jgphillips3

If HDN keeps this up, he will die the agonizing coaching death many of us wanted to see here.  It will just happen at Ole Miss instead.  Once Petrino gets it rolling, HDN won't be able to do more than grab a couple players a year from Arkansas at best and if he ignores Ole Miss recruiting grounds, he will be dead in the water.  I can't think of a more deserving person...