Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Doesnt really pertain to the recruiting field but...

Started by Rooka, January 13, 2008, 01:51:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooka

IT FEELS GREAT...to hear of a new kid that is interested that is a 4 star or higher.  It makes you realize just how bad the Nutt Era, and how Great the new Era's on the horizon will be.

WPS!!  :razorback: :razorback:

booogaga

yeah this next year could be interesting to say the least when petrino has a full season and offseason to recruit his players.
GO HOGS!

Hawgballz

Quote from: Death by Hog on January 13, 2008, 01:51:24 pm
IT FEELS GREAT...to hear of a new kid that is interested that is a 4 star or higher.  It makes you realize just how bad the Nutt Era, and how Great the new Era's on the horizon will be.

WPS!!  :razorback: :razorback:

What new kid are you talking about?
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Rooka

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 13, 2008, 03:20:25 pm
Well, For one not a recruit, but Mallett, would have never came here in the Nutt Era.  I mean just take a look at Scout.com and see the prospects interested, alot more 4 stars than we had when Nutt was here.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Death by Hog on January 13, 2008, 03:22:24 pm
Well, For one not a recruit, but Mallett, would have never came here in the Nutt Era.  I mean just take a look at Scout.com and see the prospects interested, alot more 4 stars than we had when Nutt was here.

Try again, Mallett would have already been here in the summer but Carr would not sign his transfer papers.  We are just lucky that RR was a prick and basically ran Ryan off.  Oh, and before you try to tell me I don't know what I am talking about, my sources are from the Mallett family.  I am not saying that I disagree with you, just that I am wondering what example you are pointing to?

Rooka

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 13, 2008, 03:33:25 pm
Try again, Mallett would have already been here in the summer but Carr would not sign his transfer papers.  We are just lucky that RR was a prick and basically ran Ryan off.  Oh, and before you try to tell me I don't know what I am talking about, my sources are from the Mallett family.  I am not saying that I disagree with you, just that I am wondering what example you are pointing to?
ok, I wasnt going to disagree with you, BUT what I am going to say is Petrino being here had to help more than if Nutt was here.  Im mainly pointing to that Nutt was a horrid recruiter, and that Petrino is a breath of fresh air.  1. Keeping the commitments had to be hard enough.  2. Take a look at the recruiting forum, there are alot of name we never saw when Nutt was here and it is really late in the recruiting period yet BP is still going hard for them.  That shows how much he values recruiting. 

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 13, 2008, 03:20:25 pm

A few of the four stars we are supposedly recruiting are: 1) Marcel Dareus, DT 2) Aundre Dean, RB 3) Aaron Boyd, WR and 4) Joe Adams, DB/WR.  We also have picked up a commitment from Tyler Wilson, a four star QB.  I may be wrong, but I don't think we were in on any of the five before Petrino and his staff came along.  I think there is a good chance we wind up with five or six four star recruits - when we only had three committed when Nutt was still here. 
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Demaghog

Aaron Boyd would be a fantastic pickup.  At Louisville, Petrino lit up teams with the Brohm to Urrutia (6-6 receiver) combo.  It seemed like he was always open. 

Its difficult to defend a 6-7 QB throwing to a tall WR.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on January 13, 2008, 03:48:10 pm
A few of the four stars we are supposedly recruiting are: 1) Marcel Dareus, DT 2) Aundre Dean, RB 3) Aaron Boyd, WR and 4) Joe Adams, DB/WR.  We also have picked up a commitment from Tyler Wilson, a four star QB.  I may be wrong, but I don't think we were in on any of the five before Petrino and his staff came along.  I think there is a good chance we wind up with five or six four star recruits - when we only had three committed when Nutt was still here. 

All of those except Boyd are very good examples.