Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruits that will PLAY next year

Started by want2be, January 12, 2008, 11:23:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

want2be

The following are verbal commits that should be able to step up and help next year.
What do you think?

1) Clement Johnson- JUCO CB.....a much needed find
2) Mike Balogum- JUCO MLB........at 245 lbs should help the run defense
3) DeAnthony Curtis-RB......will be effective in the pass game also
4) Jarius Wright....possible CB and FL....will get good separation with his quickness
5) Jim Youngblood... QB...will be a back up and possibly come in as a runner
6) Tony Gillespie... DT...has not committed yet but he could help clog the middle
7) Thomas Schuler-RB at 230 lbs he should help between the tackles
8) Cruz Williams-WR.....tall go to guy in the end zone
9) Basmine Jones.....Special Teams cover

Highway Hog Sign

If Joe Adams switches his commitment to Arkansas, he'll definately be a starter.  He could have started as a CB this year.
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

The_Iceman

Quote from: want2be on January 12, 2008, 11:23:46 am
The following are verbal commits that should be able to step up and help next year.
What do you think?

4) Jarius Wright....possible CB and FL....will get good separation with his quickness
6) Tony Gillespie... DT...has not committed yet but he could help clog the middle

are 1 and 2 even committed?

nughaud

#2 said he'd probably commit on the spot after his visit if offered by Arkansas. 

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 12, 2008, 01:43:34 pm
are 1 and 2 even committed?

spahoopsfan

I know we have several linemen coming back but if Matt Hall keeps his committment I think he will play next year and not be red shirted.

hawgwash

My guess is Hall is quite a ways from playing.

J Man

Matt Hall has the body, but will need the strenght training and agility training to be an SEC lineman.  He will get there, but will need some work on his quickness and strenght.

SONofHAM

Good thing we have Mallett coming(supposedly)!  With his 6'6 frame he'll be the only QB able to throw over the 6'10(who knows how much he grows by 09) Matt Hall
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

razorbrock

Quote from: sonofsam on January 12, 2008, 03:27:14 pm
Good thing we have Mallett coming(supposedly)!  With his 6'6 frame he'll be the only QB able to throw over the 6'10(who knows how much he grows by 09) Matt Hall

FTR, I read in the paper that RM is now 6'7", 250lbs.  Trying to sack him would be like tackling Jamarcus Russell.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ~Winston Churchill

oldfart

Quote from: razorbrock on January 12, 2008, 03:31:17 pm
FTR, I read in the paper that RM is now 6'7", 250lbs.  Trying to sack him would be like tackling Jamarcus Russell.

sounds like a great Tight End!!  :)

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: want2be on January 12, 2008, 11:23:46 am
What do you think?

I'd add Greg Childs to that list - CBP will be running four and even five receiver packages.
So I'd expect to see at least three freshman receivers receive some playing time next fall.

Also don't forget about our two three-star CB's, Khiry Battle and Marcal Robinson.  Both will likely see significant playing time from day 1.  I also wouldn't be too surprised if Chris Gragg gets moved to safety and quickly plays his way into the two-deep.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

tweaky1

I read somewhere that Thomas Schuler would probably go Juco.  It was an article about one of his teammates and they had a blurb about him and someone else having to go that route. hope it's not true. we sure could use him.

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: tweaky1 on January 12, 2008, 04:37:02 pm
I read somewhere that Thomas Schuler would probably go Juco.  It was an article about one of his teammates and they had a blurb about him and someone else having to go that route. hope it's not true. we sure could use him.

That sucks - perhaps that's part of the reason CBP is looking to add another RB to the mix.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

tophawg19

shulers coach says he is on track and doing well on grades . all seems well with him .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

want2be

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on January 12, 2008, 03:48:46 pm
I'd add Greg Childs to that list - CBP will be running four and even five receiver packages.
So I'd expect to see at least three freshman receivers receive some playing time next fall.

Don't you think Robinson is a little light at 165 lbs to take on the SEC as a frosh??

Also don't forget about our two three-star CB's, Khiry Battle and Marcal Robinson.  Both will likely see significant playing time from day 1.  I also wouldn't be too surprised if Chris Gragg gets moved to safety and quickly plays his way into the two-deep.