Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I saw Dyer playing BBall last night!

Started by Razorbackmedic, January 12, 2008, 09:14:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbackmedic

First off yes I am from Harrison and yes they beat us but I could care less really. I went to see how big he is out of the football pads. That being said, while this kid is a monster he looked very cocky (Not only mouthing other team, he was mouthing the refs the whole game)  and I don't know if he isn't in basketball shape yet or he is just lazy. He spent most of the pregame warm-ups sitting on the bench by himself and walked up the floor behind the game when everyone else was running and gunning.

I hope his attitude changes and this is all because he is a kid but, when he had that attitude as a Soph. it will be terrible by Sr. year. Physically yes he is impressive but other then that not a whole lot else good to say.

JoyDivision

If he does have the attitude you say and he is a LSU Tiger at heart then I'm not sure I'll be disappointed to lose him.

gibby

Sounds like sour grapes to me.  He ran all over you in FB, and you lost a close game last night (not because of him).

OLDHOG

I know his uncle, which is a Little Rock policeman, had to take him to raise because of his attitude. Maybe he will do him some good.

Razorbackmedic

Quote from: gibby on January 12, 2008, 10:23:33 am
Sounds like sour grapes to me.  He ran all over you in FB, and you lost a close game last night (not because of him).

You are right he didn't beat us last night. That is half the problem with his attitude, he is a OK basketball player but he thinks he is Lebron James. Who dribbles the ball around the front court yelling "Wooooo, that is good stuff" I mean come on let your play do the talking don't yell and holler and act a arse on the court. I know he isn't the only one that does it but he is the worst I have seen in Arkansas high school basketball in years.

As far as running all over us in football this year, he was just one of many.

jpenrod1

I can see that. He gets a lot of hype as a soph. That can go to your head quick. I know another Kid we are going after that needs an attitude adjustment. Im hoping it will be takin care of.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: CHafar on January 12, 2008, 10:45:45 am
You are right he didn't beat us last night. That is half the problem with his attitude, he is a OK basketball player but he thinks he is Lebron James. Who dribbles the ball around the front court yelling "Wooooo, that is good stuff" I mean come on let your play do the talking don't yell and holler and act a arse on the court. I know he isn't the only one that does it but he is the worst I have seen in Arkansas high school basketball in years.

As far as running all over us in football this year, he was just one of many.
I'll be interested to watch him play against Alma when they come here.

As far as his senior year goes, I don't think he will be eligible to play his senior year at LR Christian.  It is my understanding that all of his eligibility will be used up and he would have to go somewhere to play at a prep school.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Razorbackmedic

Quote from: OLDHOG on January 12, 2008, 10:44:17 am
I know his uncle, which is a Little Rock policeman, had to take him to raise because of his attitude. Maybe he will do him some good.

That is good to hear. I was told that he lived with his AAU coach which probably isn't a good idea unless his coach is not a normal AAU coach.

swinesation

January 12, 2008, 03:40:23 pm #8 Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 03:43:19 pm by swinesation
Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on January 12, 2008, 12:59:34 pm
I'll be interested to watch him play against Alma when they come here.

As far as his senior year goes, I don't think he will be eligible to play his senior year at LR Christian.  It is my understanding that all of his eligibility will be used up and he would have to go somewhere to play at a prep school.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

You are wrong. He is a 16 year old sophomore and has two years of eligibility left.

Michael is a cut-up. He's just out there having fun playing basketball. He's a football player, and probably doesn't take basketball too seriously.
He's a good kid. Sure, he talks a little smack, but most of the best athletes do.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: swinesation on January 12, 2008, 03:40:23 pm
You are wrong. He is a 16 year old sophomore and has two years of eligibility left.

Michael is a cut-up. He's just out there having fun playing basketball. He's a football player, and probably doesn't take basketball too seriously.
He's a good kid. Sure, he talks a little smack, but most of the best athletes do.
Okay.  I knew he was a sophomore this year, but for some reason I had head that he wouldn't be eligible to play his senior season.

swinesation

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on January 12, 2008, 03:45:50 pm
Okay.  I knew he was a sophomore this year, but for some reason I had head that he wouldn't be eligible to play his senior season.

That was a rumor that went around because Michael is a year older than most Sophomores. I think the rumor was mostly perpetrated by high school opponents wishing they wouldn't have to try to tackle him for two more seasons. He's a load to bring down. Very, very, very tough runner.

Razorbackmedic

isn't it still a rule that a player can't play past their 18th birthday?

LRCAallaroundkicker

no. I'm 18 and i played with him this year at LRC. u get 4 years of AAA eligibility in high school sports. regardless of being held back before high school. heck you could even sit out 9th grade and fail 12th once and play until your 19. 4 years of consecutive play is the rule.

VenturaHog

Quote from: LRCAallaroundkicker on January 12, 2008, 06:21:21 pm
no. I'm 18 and i played with him this year at LRC. u get 4 years of AAA eligibility in high school sports. regardless of being held back before high school. heck you could even sit out 9th grade and fail 12th once and play until your 19. 4 years of consecutive play is the rule.

Hey man, have you talked to any schools, thinking about walking on at UA?