Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fox 16 on MALLETT

Started by sg0303, January 11, 2008, 10:59:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sg0303

January 11, 2008, 10:59:18 pm Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 12:14:44 am by sg0303
Fox 16 just said that Mallett has stated the he narrowed his searches to Arkansas, A&M, i believe they said Tenn.  They stated Mallett said Arkansas was the front runner at this time.

I did find this site that believes UCLA frontrunner

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080111/SPORTS06/80111009/1054/SPORTS06

hog_fan

So rumor of him canceling Tenn visit is untrue? I sure hope he committs before Tuesday.  I really think it is between us and texas A & M and I think solid chance for hogs to get him

Hog Fan from Camden

Cross your fingers!  I think we will get him.  No inside info, just a gut feeling!

SPAL

considering school starts monday and mallet will be in Arkansas on sunday....id say its pretty clear where he will be goin.

sg0303

The news didnt state if he visited tenn or not but they did say he will be visiting coach petrino

Hawgvillain

Quote from: hog_fan on January 11, 2008, 11:02:34 pm
So rumor of him canceling Tenn visit is untrue? I sure hope he committs before Tuesday.  I really think it is between us and texas A & M and I think solid chance for hogs to get him
What about A&M would make him want to go there?

boilerhog

I like our chances if it's truly Hogs vs. A+M....

mossfan33

i agree.  this kinda answers it for me..........

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 11, 2008, 11:04:46 pm
considering school starts monday and mallet will be in Arkansas on sunday....id say its pretty clear where he will be goin.
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

Porkyswine

Mallett will enroll at Arkansas next week.  Mark it down. 

sg0303

Sorry if this has been answered but when does the classes start on the hill? 
b/c the news said he decision would be made within 2 weeks, but is that a little much ?

Brewerfan10

Quote from: sg0303 on January 11, 2008, 11:11:13 pm
Sorry if this has been answered but when does the classes start on the hill? 
b/c the news said he decision would be made within 2 weeks, but is that a little much ?

classes start monday, it would be awesome if I get up and walk to class then and see RM walking to his first classes as well!

Hog_of_the_HILL

Wonder what ole nutt would think if we managed to land Mallett?
It was worth the wait

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Hog_of_the_HILL on January 11, 2008, 11:16:17 pm

Probably be thinking if he loved the helmet enough he would've come to play as a TE.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Hog_of_the_HILL on January 11, 2008, 11:16:17 pm

I could care less what he thinks.  But, i'm sure it's something like "what the hell."
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hog_fan

Quote from: Hawgvillain on January 11, 2008, 11:08:42 pm

Don't know, but he listed as one of three schools.

hog_fan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 11, 2008, 11:04:46 pm

He could enroll a week late though. I will be happy when he offically announces assuming it is true

sg0303

I believe the will start school on the hill this week.  I believe the news stated he was talking to Petrino today or monday but if thats the case i believe he will be satisfied and stay in the great state of ARKANSAS :razorback:

looking_forward

January 11, 2008, 11:27:24 pm #17 Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 12:14:13 am by looking_forward
Sweet! I just can't imagine him wanting to go to AnM when he could play in the SEC. Tons more publicity and opportunity here than at AnM. I mean if he plays lights out against the likes of LSU, Florida and Georgia he could be a serious top 10 draft pick when all is said and done. Our conference, school, new coach and new offense offer him so much more than what AnM could. He'd have some serious competition at Ten. they already have a nice stack of QBs on their roster so I can't imagine why Ryan would want to go some where only having to prove himself all over again.

"No amount of ability is of the slightest avail without honor."-Andrew Carnegie

"Let us resolve to be masters, not the victims, of our history, controlling our own destiny without giving way to blind suspicions and emotions."-John Fitzgerald Kennedy

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/we_r_razrbcks/arkansas1.jpg

jpenrod1

Classes start monday, but I dont think Schedules have to be finalized till the 21st I think he has until then to decide.

sg0303

If that is the case then they could be right when they said Mallett told them his decision would be made within the next 2 wks

Derjen

That cute mascot dog....?

hog_fan

I think you usually get a week  after classes start to register, but maybe it is two weeks from some school

sg0303

I thought it was 1 week myself, but i could be completely wrong

Brewerfan10

I wish the other news stations would have done a story on this. I tried to watch all three channels at the same time and didn't see any story on him. Did anyone else see anything?

stronguard

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Brewerfan10

Quote from: stronguard on January 11, 2008, 11:40:37 pm
A & M seems to think he's coming here...

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1061502&forum_id=5

I am not gonna lie, after reading that and hearing everything on this board, I am going to be very disappointed if he doesn't come here.

Hog_One_Stop

I'm almost sure he will be  Hog, don't think he's looking anywhere else. 

sg0303

This site seems to think UCLA is the front runner b/c of his previous coaches

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080111/SPORTS06/80111009/1054/SPORTS06

(not sure how to add as a link sorry I just copy and pasted the website)

chiefsfan

A&M doesnt really want him it looks like

with the timing of classes he's either a hog an aggie or a vol.  Which means either way we are going to see alot of him in the future.   Here's to hoping he's wearing the correct shade of Red
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

jgphillips3

A&M?  I guess it isn't much further from his family, but really?  I got Tennessee and UCLA, but I hope he has sense enough not to go to A&M.  After everything I have read, I feel real good about our chances.

stronguard

For some reason MEEE -she- gun fans seem to think that RM is going to follow the QB coach.  This originally came from a ND blogger and was picked up and printed by a Toledo newspaper.  Complete BS.  The ONLY way Mallett was following his QB coach was if he landed close to home.  He isn't going to make the same mistake twice (being far from home)
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

The Realist

If he cancels his TN visit then he is ours
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

ksrazorback

This was given before, part of the story...
Mallett could follow Loeffler, a coach he respects and learned a lot from. Mallett's mother feels the same way."We love Scot Loeffler,"

Quote from: hog_fan on January 11, 2008, 11:20:32 pm
Don't know, but he listed as one of three schools.

Could be the reason... Loeffler was his QB Coach and interviewed at A&M.
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

The_Bionic_Pig

What makes you guys think he is going to leave the state line (Other than Texarkana) anytime soon???
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

calhawgfan

Quote from: sg0303 on January 11, 2008, 10:59:18 pm
Fox 16 just said that Mallett has stated the he narrowed his searches to Arkansas, A&M, i believe they said Tenn.  They stated Mallett said Arkansas was the front runner at this time.

I did find this site that believes UCLA frontrunner

I really hope the Hogs get him, but UCLA would be NICE  ;D  ;D  ;D
Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

hawg4ever870

I read in the ADG today that TN has hired Clawson from Richmond as OC and QB Coach.  I think this looks good for Hawgs because Ryan would be more interested in TN if it had hired MI assistant coaches.

What do y'all think

calhawgfan

Quote from: hawg4ever870 on January 12, 2008, 08:40:32 am
I read in the ADG today that TN has hired Clawson from Richmond as OC and QB Coach.  I think this looks good for Hawgs because Ryan would be more interested in TN if it had hired MI assistant coaches.

What do y'all think

My thoughts, exactly!
Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

hog_fan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 12, 2008, 01:05:59 am
What makes you guys think he is going to leave the state line (Other than Texarkana) anytime soon???

For me, it is the fact he said he plans to Visit Texas A & m and Tenn. Haven'r seen wher ehe has changed that. Plus if it were the hogs what would be waiting for?

Slackavelli

Hawgballz

Former NFL head coach would help RM's chances of getting to the next level.  Ryan is looking at schools within a certain range of his home that have playing time available and would help in his desire to make it to the NFL.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hawgballz

Ryan has been in Fayetteville area since Wednesday, he & his parents met with Petrino on Friday and will make a decision this weekend to either choose Arkansas or continue with their planned visits to Texas A & M and Tennessee this next week.  According to the U of A website, Ryan has until January 21st to enroll.  Ryan & his father have had different opinions in the past about what is best for him, but I believe that they are getting closer on this decision and that Ryan very likely will be a hog by Monday.  Nothing is official, but as a hog fan, I feel really, really good about our chances.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

The real Hogules

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 12, 2008, 10:20:15 am
Ryan has been in Fayetteville area since Wednesday, he & his parents met with Petrino on Friday and will make a decision this weekend to either choose Arkansas or continue with their planned visits to Texas A & M and Tennessee this next week.  According to the U of A website, Ryan has until January 21st to enroll.  Ryan & his father have had different opinions in the past about what is best for him, but I believe that they are getting closer on this decision and that Ryan very likely will be a hog by Monday.  Nothing is official, but as a hog fan, I feel really, really good about our chances.

I could be wrong, but the way that I understood it, Ryan and his "uncle" have been in Fayetteville since Wednesday and Bobby & possibly Paul Petrino are supposed to be in Texarkana this coming Monday to meet with Ryan and his parents.

If my scenario is correct, then it would seem that R.M. came to Arkansas, met with our new coaching staff, decided he liked what he saw and Bobboy Petrino is in Texarkana to seal the deal with Ryan's mother and father, who were upset over the way Nutt & Co. handled Ryan's original recruitment.

Arkansas was given first shot, IMHO because Ryan Mallett still has deep feelings for the UofA and wanted to check out the situation here before looking elsewhere.

If Ryan doesn't announce by Monday afternoon (hopefully much sooner) that he and his family have decided that the University of Arkansas is the right fit for him, then in my mind it will signal that we could be in trouble as far as landing Ryan goes.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hawgwash

I don't know Ryan Mallett or his family at all, but it seems to me when he first chose Michigan he was choosing his head over his heart.  (Lifelong Hog fan, but Mustain was already here, Arkansas was a running offense with a run-minded head coach, and Michigan had a solid reputation for grooming QBs for the NFL - plus I'm not real clear if he even had a scholarship offer from Arkansas).  Now he's gone from Michigan.  From various rumors that were posted, he may never have been all that happy there, and then the coaching change made transferring a logical choice.  One would think he will listen more closely to his heart this time, PLUS there are a lot more positives at Arkansas for the "head" side this time around.  New coaching staff with good history of grooming QBs, balanced attack, no other dominant QB on the roster, etc.  It would seem all the stars are in alignment for Arkansas.  If the potential stumbling block is his father's bad taste for how Nutt recruited Ryan, it simply makes no sense that this would still be a factor since that entire administration is now gone.  Why hold the Petrino crew responsible for what Nutt did?  So just as an outsider trying to look in, it seems to me he's a Hog UNLESS the chemistry with Petrino from their visit was just really bad.

nughaud

Yep, good summary... Why come to Arkansas when Nutt was here to hand off the ball?  Mustain was here, who knows what Nutt told Mallett, and being a running team, I understand why Mallett when to Michigan.  They simply breed QBs up there.  Petrino brings in a strong passing game and hopefully his love of Arkansas along with the coaching change and offensive scenario at Arkansas will bring him back, and will be just another step in the right direction for the rebuilding of Arkansas Football from 10 years of torment.

Woooo Pig Soooie!

Quote from: hawgwash on January 12, 2008, 11:36:17 am
I don't know Ryan Mallett or his family at all, but it seems to me when he first chose Michigan he was choosing his head over his heart.  (Lifelong Hog fan, but Mustain was already here, Arkansas was a running offense with a run-minded head coach, and Michigan had a solid reputation for grooming QBs for the NFL - plus I'm not real clear if he even had a scholarship offer from Arkansas).  Now he's gone from Michigan.  From various rumors that were posted, he may never have been all that happy there, and then the coaching change made transferring a logical choice.  One would think he will listen more closely to his heart this time, PLUS there are a lot more positives at Arkansas for the "head" side this time around.  New coaching staff with good history of grooming QBs, balanced attack, no other dominant QB on the roster, etc.  It would seem all the stars are in alignment for Arkansas.  If the potential stumbling block is his father's bad taste for how Nutt recruited Ryan, it simply makes no sense that this would still be a factor since that entire administration is now gone.  Why hold the Petrino crew responsible for what Nutt did?  So just as an outsider trying to look in, it seems to me he's a Hog UNLESS the chemistry with Petrino from their visit was just really bad.

grayhawg

Quote from: hawgwash on January 12, 2008, 11:36:17 am
And part of that administration is now at A&M, defensive coach but part still.

alltimeqb

January 12, 2008, 03:27:46 pm #45 Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 03:39:50 pm by alltimeqb
if only a&m would hire a qb coach (not mallets) alot of the a&m speculation would be put to rest

papasmurf1515

talked to a guy today that is good friends with Mallett's dad and he said he is really liking his visit to arkansas

AFWarrior83

Let's hope he likes it enough to commit, so that we can start talking about how next years depth charts are going to look.  Mallett will have to sit out one year correct?  Can Casey defend his job from Nathan, Tyler, and Jim?
Hogville member since 2005.

Dr Swineglove

For what it's worth, the Rivals TAMU site seems to think Mallett is headed our way, and as for UCLA, they don't even have a thread on him.  Let's hope Mallett's a Hog.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient