Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please clear something up for me about Joe Adams

Started by Hogtropolis™, January 11, 2008, 10:39:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

I keep seeing people stating that if Mallett comes, then that would really help get Adams here.

My question is, it is my understanding that Joe is planning on playing DB in college, not WR.  So how would having Mallett on campus influence him that much if he is going to be a DB?

stronguard

I think JA would rather play some "O"   USC wants him strictly at DB.  They are low on CB's. U of A has said he will have a chance to play some "O".

Our current QB's haven't demonstrated that they can hit a WR.

So improving our QB thereby would enhance our chances of landing JA.

JMO
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Hog Fan from Camden

I think the current coaching staff, out of sheer need, will still ask him to play CB next year if he come to the HOGS!  He will probably play both WR and CB until we can recruit some decent CBs or someone steps up!  Same for Jarious Wright!

jpenrod1

Joe wants to be a star. While his best shot at playing at the next level is on D, he really wants to play O. He is willing to play both. He was told by USC that if he went there he would play D in his first year and they would get him involved in O as he gets older.

Arkansas can offer him imediate playing time on O, this will help. I hope that they will also convince him to play D also. thats where he will be best, but he will make a great Deep threat too.

http://usc.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1926

ashleyswine

i wouldn"t trust the "play defense now and we'll work you into the offensive rotation later" stuff from the USC coaching staf if i were him   with the kind of talent SC brings in every year he might well get locked into defense exclusively  or worse

VenturaHog

Would you rather be trying to stop touchdowns all night or be trying to make them? He is an awesome WR prospect and I would be thrilled to have him on our Offense. I don't blame him for wanting to be a WR, I would want to be one as well if I were him.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ashleyswine on January 12, 2008, 03:02:12 am
i wouldn"t trust the "play defense now and we'll work you into the offensive rotation later" stuff from the USC coaching staf if i were him   with the kind of talent SC brings in every year he might well get locked into defense exclusively  or worse

I agree. It's amasing to me how USC does it. They have make ever recruit feel like they are the best player in the nation. Tennesse got Eric Berry because they told him that he would play some QB. And Florida told J. Snead to not worry about them recruiting Tebow because they would move him to LB. It's unbelievable how Coaches lie and the Recruits believe them.

jpenrod1

I think the fact that he was told he will play next year is also a big deal. He wont play next year at USC like he would at Arkansas, but playing as a freshman at USC is a pretty big deal.

There are very few people out there they will make a better DB than Joe will. I hope he sees that and will realize that will get him to the NFL. as a WR he will do good things but his size will hold him back.

BERLY_HOGMAN

How about running back KO or Punts as well as a DB??? I am sure he has got the hands and I know he has the speed and vision... and nobody wants to see Norton handle punts... or should I say NOT handle punts...