Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jim Youngblood

Started by Cresthog, January 11, 2008, 04:57:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cresthog

Ok. I may need some help with some of you that have actually seen Youngblood play live. I have only watched his videos on rivals and other recruiting sites. From what I can gather the kid has a cannon for an arm, on the field instincts, decent speed, and good vision. He looks very coachable and has tons of potential in my opinion.

Here is where I'm stuck.

What are they going to do with the kid? I'm very courious to see what type of QB Mr. Youngblood will become. Yesterday Steve Spurrier held a press conference at the University of South Carolina. He stated he was going to make some changes offensively next season. He will be playing a running quarterback. Stephen Garcia, a freshman last season is a dual threat quarterback who plays strikingly similiar to Jim Youngblood. Everyone seems to be adopting the running quarterback. The players and defenses are getting better and faster every single year in the SEC. Is getting a running quarterback the thing to do now?

Are we going to beef this kid up, work on his speed and quickness, educate him on the system and create plays for him specifically? Should we? Is he really fast enough or was he just playing inferior Arkansas high school talent?

I for one think we should use him next season as Urban Meyer and Dan Mullen used Tebow as a freshman. Let him play. Get used to being in the SEC. Let him see some snaps against Texas, Florida, and other top defenses on our schedule. Use him in some goal line formations and short yardage areas. Throw him in there for a change of pace, something to throw the defense off. It worked well for Florida, Auburn this season, and LSU.

For all I know Jim may start next season. This post is based on my opinion and I believe Nathan Dick will win the starting job next year. But what does everyone else think? Like I said, people who have seen him play live, let me know if he is capable of playing the position of the running quarterback in the SEC. Should we use him in this way or not?

jpenrod1

I dont think That BP will be looking for a running QB. one who can run is always a bonus but not what he looks for.

Dr Swineglove

Youngblood could develop into a stud here at Arkansas - great potential.
I'm sure he will be an important part of the Hogs for four-five years to come.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

ArKan5a5 KiD

January 11, 2008, 07:24:28 pm #3 Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 12:11:40 pm by thalilcrzydawg
Quote from: Cresthog on January 11, 2008, 04:57:31 pm
Ok. I may need some help with some of you that have actually seen Youngblood play live. I have only watched his videos on rivals and other recruiting sites. From what I can gather the kid has a cannon for an arm, on the field instincts, decent speed, and good vision. He looks very coachable and has tons of potential in my opinion.

Here is where I'm stuck.

What are they going to do with the kid? I'm very courious to see what type of QB Mr. Youngblood will become. Yesterday Steve Spurrier held a press conference at the University of South Carolina. He stated he was going to make some changes offensively next season. He will be playing a running quarterback. Stephen Garcia, a freshman last season is a dual threat quarterback who plays strikingly similiar to Jim Youngblood. Everyone seems to be adopting the running quarterback. The players and defenses are getting better and faster every single year in the SEC. Is getting a running quarterback the thing to do now?

Are we going to beef this kid up, work on his speed and quickness, educate him on the system and create plays for him specifically? Should we? Is he really fast enough or was he just playing inferior Arkansas high school talent?

I for one think we should use him next season as Urban Meyer and Dan Mullen used Tebow as a freshman. Let him play. Get used to being in the SEC. Let him see some snaps against Texas, Florida, and other top defenses on our schedule. Use him in some goal line formations and short yardage areas. Throw him in there for a change of pace, something to throw the defense off. It worked well for Florida, Auburn this season, and LSU.

For all I know Jim may start next season. This post is based on my opinion and I believe Nathan Dick will win the starting job next year. But what does everyone else think? Like I said, people who have seen him play live, let me know if he is capable of playing the position of the running quarterback in the SEC. Should we use him in this way or not?

I'm from and live in Camden. I graduated form CF in 01 and i've been going to football games ever since. I've seen Youngblood play quite a few times in the past couple years and you are right he does have a canon for a arm and he does have decent speed if not good speed. He is a pretty fluid runner and he can be very elusive in the pocket. I honestly think the boy can play in the SEC. He has good size but he need some polishing up on his accuracy and maybe footwork and stuff like that but i dont see anything wrong with him that can't be worked on. I believe he will be a GREAT QB one day and that under Petrino this kid is going to blossom. He's played in the spread for the past few years and has exceled in it! His numbers would also be alot better but he had a bunch and i mean a bunch of dropped balls prolly due to the fact that he does have a canon of a arm but he could work on his accuracy. Also i feel that he could be that change of pace QB like Tebow was for Leak and like Kodi Burns was this year. I belive that he will develop and become a threat for the Hogs if we just give Petrino time to work his magic on him.