Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Friday recruiting column

Started by The Recruiting Guy, January 11, 2008, 09:37:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

January 11, 2008, 09:37:22 am Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 10:34:57 am by Richard Davenport

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: muchoclappup on January 11, 2008, 10:24:03 am
Try this link.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/213382

Thanks
+1

Thanks Richard. I wonder why no one else is on the Juco LB?
I also wonder why Okpara won't even visit? I'm a little disappointed in him.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on January 11, 2008, 10:33:32 am
Thanks
+1

Maybe because he's 24?  I don't have a problem with that but it might be a little weird for team chemistry.  However,  I say go get the kid if he is good enough to play.

want2be

I like how the staff is going after a JUCO LB and DB...I also like that fact that this guy is 24...He should have some good leadership qualities. His size and speed are good and he should be an instant impact.

Same for the JUCO DB Johnson......Has good speed and size and should be able to mix it up in the SEC.

Congrats to the staff for looking near and far and thinking outside the Nutt box.

Tommy2Hog

Does anyone know how Scout or Rivals updates their board? I have been looking on there for a while to see a new list of prospects. I have not seen it updated for awhile.

HOGansHero

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on January 11, 2008, 10:33:32 am
Thanks
+1

Sounds like Okpara was just looking for a way out and really was not too committed to the Razorbacks in the first place. Goodbye and we will get someone better.  The week we lost him, we gained Tyler Wilson...we are the winners in that one.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: want2be on January 11, 2008, 10:50:10 am
I like how the staff is going after a JUCO LB and DB...I also like that fact that this guy is 24...He should have some good leadership qualities. His size and speed are good and he should be an instant impact.

Same for the JUCO DB Johnson......Has good speed and size and should be able to mix it up in the SEC.

Congrats to the staff for looking near and far and thinking outside the Nutt box.

I usually grimmace when I see us going after Juco kids. Our defense is in such sad shape though, I think these kids would be instant contributors.

This could be a good move. I'll trust CBP on this.

A linebacker with those SPECS would always be welcome for a look I would think.  Hope he works out and makes us a player.

Tomhog™

He has a true linebacker size, 6'3" and 244 pounds, 4.6 40.  He'd likely make a good MLB for this team, not knowing much about him other than those attributes. 

want2be

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 11, 2008, 01:33:06 pm
He has a true linebacker size, 6'3" and 244 pounds, 4.6 40.  He'd likely make a good MLB for this team, not knowing much about him other than those attributes. 

At this point, we don't have anyone over 220 lbs, therefore it would be an asset to have hime at 244lbs. helping to stop up the middle.

Hoggish1

Two pluses right off the bat: 
1.  We will be recruiting the nation and will sniff out gems that others have missed.
2.  We will have a stronger presence in TX than at any other time in the school's history.

Both = recruiting greatness, which Nutt and his mafia were too lazy to achieve.

Razorback_Z71

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 11, 2008, 01:33:06 pm

it would be nice to get some "nfl size"  back in our key positions.  if reggie was still here this guy would be a lock at DE.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: HOGansHero on January 11, 2008, 10:51:36 am
Sounds like Okpara was just looking for a way out and really was not too committed to the Razorbacks in the first place. Goodbye and we will get someone better.  The week we lost him, we gained Tyler Wilson...we are the winners in that one.

Ugo Okapara was not looking around until Houston Nutt left.  Okapara made a decision that he felt was best for him and that is the truth. 

Tusks

Wouldn't it be interesting to have 3 SEC caliber LB on the field for the hogs at the same time.

Hasn't happend in 10 years.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Razorback_Z71

Quote from: HOGansHero on January 11, 2008, 10:51:36 am

if okpara was going to be unhappy playing here.... i think he and the UA are both winners by him leaving.

ksrazorback

Thanks Richard, not sure if we would know what was going on wasn't for guys like U....

Thanks!!
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

SONofHAM

I remember seeing a quote by Okpara saying he didn't like Petrino because of the way he left the Falcons or something like that.  Seems to me like we can chalk this loss up to Salisbury and ESPIN.  Oh well, if he doesn't want to be a Hog then let him be.  Funny that he thinks he can't trust Petrino, but could trust Nutt!
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Razorhogs

" That's been a dream of mine, to play in the SEC. I'm just glad Arkansas gave me a call."

This is why the SEC is the BEST...  Kids want to play in the best Conference.

Doggtown31LCC

it looks like these new AC's are already paying off. has anybody found any more info on Mike Balogun, i can't find much on rivals or scout
http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/213382
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

nughaud

We had a Safety playing LB this year, and I can't remember the last time we had a LB with that size.  It's been a long time since I can remember having a great LB, not saying this guy is it, but he has the frame for it.

SpiritHog

Thank you Richard.  I always look forward to your Friday column.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

looking_forward

Wow...reading his comments I think once he takes his official visit he will committ on the spot. He sounded elated to even be considered to come to a great SEC team.
When guys get that pumped up about not just any school but an SEC school calling then the rest of those other guys might as well just stay home. No doubt the SEC is an unleashed beast.
"No amount of ability is of the slightest avail without honor."-Andrew Carnegie

"Let us resolve to be masters, not the victims, of our history, controlling our own destiny without giving way to blind suspicions and emotions."-John Fitzgerald Kennedy

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/we_r_razrbcks/arkansas1.jpg

ksrazorback

Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...