Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great Recruiting Article from the Commercial Appeal today!

Started by Tomhog™, January 11, 2008, 09:25:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

When Whitehaven linebacker Tenarius Wright committed to Arkansas, he did so with the reputation as a ferocious hitter. It didn't take long for new Razorbacks coach Bobby Petrino to find out that Wright simply takes after his mother.

click here for more

Tomhog™

Warren (Ark.) coach Bo Hembree's greatest concern upon meeting Petrino was to learn whether he planned to honor the scholarship offers made by Nutt's staff. No fewer than four Warren players, including standout receiver Jarius Wright, had made commitments to Arkansas.

"He came down here the second day he was here," Hembree said. "Coach Petrino made sure to tell the in-state kids that he was gonna honor those scholarships, that he wanted them to be Razorbacks and that he wanted them to get going.

"It was an easy sell for (the kids). They seem really excited about it."

Tomhog™

"While the 6-2, 221-pound Wright liked what he heard from Petrino, who told the Wrights he planned to be in Fayetteville "for 10 years or more," the Whitehaven standout still plans to visit the University of Memphis, Kentucky and North Carolina."

So Petrino plans on being at Arkansas 10 years?  I hope so!

nughaud

cpohog

Tyler Wilson of Greenwood (Ark.) is the other -- bound for Fayetteville. "They didn't want anything to do with it until they were done in Fayetteville. Then they called and explained. I appreciated the respect they showed me."

Anyone else find it odd that they wanted nothing to do with Tyler Wilson until after he committed to the Hogs?

This could get really interesting and more bitter as the years go by. We may actually develope a true RIVAL in the SEC.

nughaud

I find many things interesting, like 10 years of torment, but after that I don't find anything out of the norm anymore.

Quote from: cpohog on January 11, 2008, 09:43:19 am
Tyler Wilson of Greenwood (Ark.) is the other -- bound for Fayetteville. "They didn't want anything to do with it until they were done in Fayetteville. Then they called and explained. I appreciated the respect they showed me."

Anyone else find it odd that they wanted nothing to do with Tyler Wilson until after he committed to the Hogs?

This could get really interesting and more bitter as the years go by. We may actually develope a true RIVAL in the SEC.

Deuce Pigelow

hawgwash

I think this part of the article is talking about Youngblood, not Wilson.  It's just a continuation of a quote from Youngblood.

Albert Swinestein

You completely misquoted that quote.  Open up the link and read it again.  It was Youngblood.  Geezzz...

Doggtown31LCC

10 years, that would be nice, i bet his record here would be better than the last 10 years we had. but if not maybe he can get us back on the right track.
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas