Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

According to DTS and Trey Biddy

Started by Hog Nutt, January 11, 2008, 09:00:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Nutt

Mallett will be a Hog by the weekend. Trey said last night, unless Arkansas "screws" it up, Mallett will be a Hog and make no more visits. I noticed BP skipped the LR Touchdown Club meeting last night, stayed in Fay. to "take care of bussiness", wise move.

opineonswine

If Hootie and the Blow Hards (stole that from someone else, but I like it) were in charge (1) I'd be nervous about screwing it up but (2) Ryan wouldn't have bothered stopping by.  I have confidence BP can close the deal.  And it was way wise of him to stay home and tend to pressing business.  He's serious about being successful.  Am I dreaming or has my Razorback world flip-flopped for real in the last month!  I love it.

Hog Nutt

Quote from: opineonswine on January 11, 2008, 09:06:13 am
And it was way wise of him to stay home and tend to pressing business.  He's serious about being successful.

It will take time for us all to get used to this approach...just sayin

havok

If Rick Shaeffer said it...then it will NOT Happen.  He is batting Zero for a Thousand in the last 5 years in his so called INSIDE knowlege and predictions.

Hollywood_HOGan45

you mean he recruits for his team instead of discussing "charity" with random women??

Hog Nutt

Quote from: havok on January 11, 2008, 09:13:47 am
If Rick Shaeffer said it...then it will NOT Happen.  He is batting Zero for a Thousand in the last 5 years in his so called INSIDE knowlege and predictions.

Rick didn't say it, Biddy did. Rick was currently on the internet looking up the "D rule" question that Biddy didn't know how to answer. So we may be good on this one

Hog Nutt

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 11, 2008, 09:14:46 am
you mean he recruits for his team instead of discussing "charity" with random women??

Define, Recruits, charity, and random women.

PigTimePlayer

I heard this too, and he did sound pretty confident.  Said he didn't expect that Ryan would take the other announced visits.  Could be a great weekend for Hog Fans.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

jim hog

This group of coaches know how to get recruits ready for the league. They're on the ball.

LR Hog

Quote from: Hog Nutt on January 11, 2008, 09:00:01 am
Mallett will be a Hog by the weekend. Trey said last night, unless Arkansas "screws" it up, Mallett will be a Hog and make no more visits. I noticed BP skipped the LR Touchdown Club meeting last night, stayed in Fay. to "take care of bussiness", wise move.

Soemthing ealrlier in the week Wally was raggin on him for.  Not showing up to the awards show I mean.
Like a boss.

Hog Nutt

Quote from: LR Hog on January 11, 2008, 09:47:07 am
Soemthing ealrlier in the week Wally was raggin on him for.  Not showing up to the awards show I mean.

So Wally can later rag on BP for not getting Mallett. Wally can KMA

LuckyGiraffe

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 11, 2008, 09:14:46 am

I don't think she was random! :)

The real Hogules

If Hootie and the Blow Hards (stole that from someone else, but I like it) were in charge (1) I'd be nervous about screwing it up but (2) Ryan wouldn't have bothered stopping by.  I have confidence BP can close the deal.  And it was way wise of him to stay home and tend to pressing business.  He's serious about being successful.  Am I dreaming or has my Razorback world flip-flopped for real in the last month!  I love it.

I'll have to admit that after the last ten years this does seem like a "bizzaro world" (the exact opposite of what we are use to) that I have awoken in, where my Razorbacks football program is concerned.

And I'm loving it!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Hope BP makes a good impression and he signs up.  Do worry that Wilson will return to Tulsa if that happens.  I hope both recruits and my Hogs all get what is best.  Hootie and the Blow Hards, perfect.

Bacon The Saddle Again

I don't mean to be negative or to disturb the alignment of the stars here, but how would Biddy know?  The Mallett's (I thought) were being pretty tightlipped about this whole deal.  Unless Biddy is talking directly to someone with the last name "Mallett," I just wonder how reliable his information is.

I'm probably over-analyzing because of the Arkansas media's reporting of Razorback athletics over the past three months.

nughaud

We will all know soon, gotta be enrolled by the 14th a UoA... I can wait until it's official :)

jpenrod1

Quote from: 12247 on January 11, 2008, 11:18:35 am
Hope BP makes a good impression and he signs up.  Do worry that Wilson will return to Tulsa if that happens.  I hope both recruits and my Hogs all get what is best.  Hootie and the Blow Hards, perfect.

If we get Mallet I will be ok with Wilson leaving. I would love to have both but i will make that trade. Youngblood and Nathan will be capable backups if Wilson leaves.

rizzohoghead

Trey is usually pretty good about not saying to much til he is sure it will happen.........please be right!!!!

donkey

Quote from: nughaud on January 11, 2008, 12:50:20 pm
We will all know soon, gotta be enrolled by the 14th a UoA... I can wait until it's official :)

Technically, I think that he has 5 days or a week after classes start to enroll, so he would have to the 19th-21st to actually enroll.

AnthroHog

Quote from: nughaud on January 11, 2008, 12:50:20 pm

Last day to register for Spring 2008 semester at Arkansas is the 18th.  He's got some time to think it over, but hopefully Petrino will get him this weekend.

http://www.uark.edu/registrar/classes/SpringCalendar.html

LuckyGiraffe

Quote from: donkey on January 11, 2008, 12:55:37 pm
Technically, I think that he has 5 days or a week after classes start to enroll, so he would have to the 19th-21st to actually enroll.

January 18th is the last day to enroll according to the academic calendar.

http://catalogofstudies.uark.edu/documents/07_COS.pdf

(Top of page 5)

The Realist

If he takes his visit to TN, then we have reason to be worried. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

LuckyGiraffe

Quote from: AnthroHog on January 11, 2008, 01:05:16 pm
Last day to register for Spring 2008 semester at Arkansas is the 18th.  He's got some time to think it over, but hopefully Petrino will get him this weekend.

http://www.uark.edu/registrar/classes/SpringCalendar.html

Guess I'm getting slower as I get older! :)

averyjack

Where did you get that about Wilson? Just curious.

I know the family fairly well and haven't gotten that impression at all. He's dreamed of being a Hog all his life, and I can't see him going back to Tulsa at this point.

hog_fan

Quote from: averyjack on January 11, 2008, 05:56:36 pm
Where did you get that about Wilson? Just curious.

I know the family fairly well and haven't gotten that impression at all. He's dreamed of being a Hog all his life, and I can't see him going back to Tulsa at this point.

Where is post saying he was going back to Tulsa?

Ironhawg

Trey Biddy just now said on DTS that RM's visit to the UA seems to really be going well.  He also mentioned that Ole Miss is trying to get RM to take a visit there.  I found that kind of funny.

forrest city joe

I am with you 100%. in one month, all the moves i wanted have been made. i am so happy. go hawgs.

No post, only suggestion.  Wilson would want to start and most places he would very soon.  If Mallet is as good as everyone believes and Wilson is also that good, there is only room for one starter at one school.  Theory is that Wilson would leave if Mallet came.  Both would expect to start.  Wilson could go to Tulsa and most likely would start if not next year, probably the next and be a starter for 3 years, maybe 4 under a proven OC that can put offense on the field.  Common sense says Wilson would take the sure thing over a maybe if Mallet comes onboard.  And if Mallet comes onboard and Wilson beats him out, what does Mallet do? 

Razor8

i would love to have a 2 year QB rotation where Mallett starts for 2 years as either Youngblood or Wilson or both sits and learns then YB or Wilson plays their final 2 years as another great QB waits his turn and then plays his Jr and Sr years.
Razorbacks

LeadHog

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 11, 2008, 06:18:32 pm
Trey Biddy just now said on DTS that RM's visit to the UA seems to really be going well.  He also mentioned that Ole Miss is trying to get RM to take a visit there.  I found that kind of funny.

Now that is Funny....  Yeah, think I'll go see if the Nuttster is gonna throw the ball.  Right...  Dream On, Nutt Boy

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: LeadHog on January 11, 2008, 06:35:32 pm
Now that is Funny....  Yeah, think I'll go see if the Nuttster is gonna throw the ball.  Right...  Dream On, Nutt Boy
RM would look great as a Tight End at ole piss says nutty

oldfart

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 11, 2008, 06:18:32 pm

well Ole Miss does like to use tight ends in their max protect schemes!!!

4razorbacksinky

January 12, 2008, 11:57:23 pm #33 Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 12:12:10 am by 4razorbacksinky
Quote from: Hog Nutt on January 11, 2008, 09:10:58 am
It will take time for us all to get used to this approach...just sayin

Disagree. I am already used to it. I love it. It may take a little time to stop believing it's a dream. We may need a few more pinches.
Fear the Tusks!

AH2

Quote from: 12247 on January 11, 2008, 06:20:38 pm
No post, only suggestion.  Wilson would want to start and most places he would very soon.  If Mallet is as good as everyone believes and Wilson is also that good, there is only room for one starter at one school.  Theory is that Wilson would leave if Mallet came.  Both would expect to start.  Wilson could go to Tulsa and most likely would start if not next year, probably the next and be a starter for 3 years, maybe 4 under a proven OC that can put offense on the field.  Common sense says Wilson would take the sure thing over a maybe if Mallet comes onboard.  And if Mallet comes onboard and Wilson beats him out, what does Mallet do? 

Wilson isn't going to Tulsa.  They secured a 4 or 5 star JUCO QB recently.  No reason for him to go.

Foshodo

Quote from: Razor8 on January 11, 2008, 06:24:21 pm
i would love to have a 2 year QB rotation where Mallett starts for 2 years as either Youngblood or Wilson or both sits and learns then YB or Wilson plays their final 2 years as another great QB waits his turn and then plays his Jr and Sr years.

brilliance

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: 12247 on January 11, 2008, 06:20:38 pm

Wilson will likely redshirt next year - he seems to want to redshirt, and given his size, he could really benefit from a year spent in the weight room.  Mallett, on the other hand, will likely play only two seasons after he redshirts next season.  That would work out for Wilson (or Youngblood) having two years as the starter.  Also CBP likes to play his back-up QB a lot - it's not quite a two-QB system, but rather one that ensures the backup is always ready to go.  So the #2 QB would potentially get a lot of playing time as the understudy.

Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient