Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

De'Anthony Curtis Will Be A HOG (According to THV Channel 11 Sports Guy)!

Started by ArKan5a5 KiD, January 10, 2008, 07:54:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArKan5a5 KiD

Just heard Curtis on Drivetime and he said he was commited to Arkansas and talked about what he liked about Petrino's offense and how he's fit in it. And said he is just having fun taking visits. Sounds like a good thing for us. I truely see him ending up a HOG! Also just saw on THV Channel 11 where the sports guy said that De'Anthony said that he will be a HOG next year and that we do not have to worry about him taking visits to other schools! God i'm glad to hear that!  :razorback: :razorback:

COCHISE

Excellent news!!  And he hasn't even been up for his official visit yet, that should seal the deal.

Rooka

Cool Im glad he is still committed to us.

Deuce Pigelow

football-writer

Deuce, I agree...almost with your sig. line...too bad Calvin can't be seen taking a dump on BSPN
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

trphog

camden5r

Tommy2Hog

ArKan5a5 KiD

Yea it was kinda funny...Curtis said he was visiting Tenn this weekend, then Ark, and then Ole Piss and Shaffer told him he needs to cancel those visits and Curtis said i'm just having fun!

Cajun Hog

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on January 10, 2008, 10:05:46 pm
Yea it was kinda funny...Curtis said he was visiting Tenn this weekend, then Ark, and then Ole Piss and Shaffer told him he needs to cancel those visits and Curtis said i'm just having fun!

He should have FUN and enjoy this time in his life.  Then become a HOG  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

hog_fan

if I was those schools I wouldn't pay for a kid to visit so he could have fun.

ArKan5a5 KiD

I'd do whatever i could to try and get this kid on campus no matter what! Just so i can try and sale my pitch to him while he's there!

jgphillips3

Quote from: hog_fan on January 10, 2008, 10:51:04 pm
if I was those schools I wouldn't pay for a kid to visit so he could have fun.

I will guarantee that we will be hosting similarly talented players who say they are having "fun".  You wouldn't let a scrub visit for "fun", but you have to try to turn the heads of good players.  That's just part of it, unless your visits are dwindling and you really need to use them for other positions.

ArKan5a5 KiD

THV Channel 11 Sports guy said that Curtis told him that he is going to be a HOG next year and that we dont have to worry about him taking visits to other schools!

ArKan5a5 KiD

I hope they all stay onboard to and as of right now they all are still on board so lets keep it that way. As far as Curtis...I live in Camden and i'm a Camden Alum and Curtis is the one guy that i want to see become a Razorback. I've been watching him for awhile and he is the real deal!  :razorback:

Carl Lazlo

Great news!!!! I feel like D. Curtis and D. Thomas will both have an immediate impact as true freshman.

Wess Moore

I spoke with Curtis for a while tonight.  He will be a Hog.  He will be visiting Tennessee this weekend, but he said don't worry about it.  He's just enjoying the free trip.  He is as committed as ever.  He is a really good kid.  He also said he enjoyed the experience of being on the same stage as DMAC, Jones, and Hillis. 

cosmodrum

Quote from: Wess Moore on January 11, 2008, 12:22:26 am
I spoke with Curtis for a while tonight.  He will be a Hog.  He will be visiting Tennessee this weekend, but he said don't worry about it.  He's just enjoying the free trip.  He is as committed as ever.  He is a really good kid.  He also said he enjoyed the experience of being on the same stage as DMAC, Jones, and Hillis. 

Thanks Wess! Awesome news!

Seriously, I can't believe I was worried about Ok Jr. getting him.
Go away, batin'

The_Bionic_Pig

He told someone close to him that very statement about 2 weeks ago thus my previous statements about you guys worrying was much to do about nothing.  I could not actually post that statment on the board because "the enemy is within"  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hollywood_HOGan45

HOG RED UMP

Quote from: Wess Moore on January 11, 2008, 12:22:26 am

thanks Wess.........
"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

Wess Moore

After Curtis told me he would be a Hog, I asked are all three of you solid?  He said yea, I think so, but I can't speak for them.  I didn't take it that one one or both were wavering.  I took it he just wanted to let Askew and Youngblood talk for themselves.  I think all three will be Razorbacks.

ArKan5a5 KiD

If any of the the 3 are wavering it would be Askew. Youngblood will be a HOG no matter what!

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 11, 2008, 03:38:41 am
He told someone close to him that very statement about 2 weeks ago thus my previous statements about you guys worrying was much to do about nothing.  I could not actually post that statment on the board because "the enemy is within"  ;)

Your swag is phenomenal, Stewie - thanks for the info (+1)
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

coach, my back hurts

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on January 11, 2008, 07:35:23 pm
If any of the the 3 are wavering it would be Askew. Youngblood will be a HOG no matter what!

Even if Mallet comes on board?

Hell, i'd like to see him on the diamond myself.  Hear he's not a bad baseball player.

Doggtown31LCC

looks like this class is shaping up to be something pretty good, even though the media won't rank it very high, i believe they will excell.
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Wess Moore on January 11, 2008, 10:47:23 am
After Curtis told me he would be a Hog, I asked are all three of you solid?  He said yea, I think so, but I can't speak for them.  I didn't take it that one one or both were wavering.  I took it he just wanted to let Askew and Youngblood talk for themselves.  I think all three will be Razorbacks.

Curtis didn't make that flight to Knoxville  (Just a little heads up)  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

southeasthog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 11, 2008, 09:00:40 pm
Fat Phil might have told him not to bother since it is clear he wants to wear cardinal and not orange.

jgphillips3

This is outstanding news.  We need this kid and more like him. 

Brewerfan10

ArKan5a5 KiD

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on January 11, 2008, 08:15:05 pm
Even if Mallet comes on board?

Hell, i'd like to see him on the diamond myself.  Hear he's not a bad baseball player.

Yes...Youngblood is one of those who have grown up being a Razorback and always dreamed of being one. I dont see him being scared of competition b/c it can only make him a better player and a better person. And yes he is a very good baseball player. He could prolly go pro if he wanted to but like i said he wants to be a HOG!

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 11, 2008, 09:00:40 pm

May i ask you how you found out that news??? I'm just curious....

SPAL

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on January 11, 2008, 09:28:19 pm
Yes...Youngblood is one of those who have grown up being a Razorback and always dreamed of being one. I dont see him being scared of competition b/c it can only make him a better player and a better person. And yes he is a very good baseball player. He could prolly go pro if he wanted to but like i said he wants to be a HOG!

May i ask you how you found out that news??? I'm just curious....

trust in stewie...

sg0303

I just heard him say on an interview with fox 16 news that hog fans do not have anything to worry about that he will be a hog!

Marshfieldhog

I'm excited about Curtis..I think Grit said he ran like a 3.8 40 or something like that, oh and also benched about 775 pounds, one handed.  :D

Adam Stokes

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 11, 2008, 10:50:58 pm
trust in stewie...

But not Opine, ;) just kidding.  I have no problem with Opine not getting this one right.  Curtis will be a GREAT player for us.  Thomas/Curtis/Shuler will be the next McFadden/Jones/Hillis.

Urgh

Why does Rivals now say that he is a soft verbal?  It did say solid.

sg0303

The way Curtis talked on Fox 16 and what he said I truly believe he will be a hog.  He stated the we did not having nothing to worry about as hog fans that he would be hog. 

Throwback1

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on January 11, 2008, 07:35:23 pm
Lavaunce has said he's solid.  Also, check out this report from channel 4, interview with D'anthony...I"ve watched all these kids grow up and their a super bunch..anyway, look at the last thing D says..he isn't only a good kid....he is darn funnny, too...lol

DeAnthony Curtis, of Camden-Fairview, has committed to the Arkansas Razorbacks, but with a coaching change for the Hogs, Curtis could have de-committed. 
He told KARK Sports, Tom Yazwinski, he is not going anywhere,
"Tom: So you're going to be a Razorback right?
DeAnthony: Yes sir.
Tom: For Sure?
Tom: Without a doubt?
Tom: Your name's going on the dotted line?
Tom: Does that make you excited too?
DeAnthony: Yes sir, I'm ready to get up there, and see what I can do in the next level, see if I'm as great, as I think I am."

"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

toshortrock

let him go and do somethng,just when it;s over lets hope he;s a hog,,
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

arkysaw

I have seen posts on VN claiming DC has rescheduled his visit to TENN.    They claim he will be there next weekend :o 

I thought he was scheduled to visit AR on the 18th ???

ArKan5a5 KiD

Quote from: Throwback1 on January 12, 2008, 11:48:36 pm
Lavaunce has said he's solid.  Also, check out this report from channel 4, interview with D'anthony...I"ve watched all these kids grow up and their a super bunch..anyway, look at the last thing D says..he isn't only a good kid....he is darn funnny, too...lol

DeAnthony Curtis, of Camden-Fairview, has committed to the Arkansas Razorbacks, but with a coaching change for the Hogs, Curtis could have de-committed. 
He told KARK Sports, Tom Yazwinski, he is not going anywhere,
"Tom: So you're going to be a Razorback right?
Tom: For Sure?
Tom: Without a doubt?
Tom: Your name's going on the dotted line?
Tom: Does that make you excited too?
DeAnthony: Yes sir, I'm ready to get up there, and see what I can do in the next level, see if I'm as great, as I think I am."

I saw that interview last night on TV and thats exactly what he said. He's going to be a HOG no matter what and his name is going on the dotted line come Feb. 6th! Let him take all the free trips he wants as long as he signs that letter of intent to play for the HOGS on Feb 6th i dont care what he does before then!