Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aundre Dean

Started by HighonSwine, January 09, 2008, 03:57:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HighonSwine

This will get alot of you recruitnicks excited.  He is scheduled to visit the 18th.  It is in a new rivals article from yesterday.  He cancelled his Arizona St. visit to visit here. 

WPS

http://arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=759126

Hogs12

Quote from: HighonSwine on January 09, 2008, 03:57:58 pm
This will get alot of you recruitnicks excited.  He is scheduled to visit the 18th.  It is in a new rivals article from yesterday.  He cancelled his Arizona St. visit to visit here. 

WPS

http://arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=759126

I can't read the article but I take your word for it. He seems like a pretty good RB. According to mapquest it is about a 9 hour drive from Katy to Fayettevile. LSU, Texas A&M are closer from Katy. Alabama is about the same distance as Fayettevile from Katy. If the new coaching staff is truly serious about him, I do not see how he would say no to Arkansas. We have the facilities to become a powerhouse, Coach Petrino's offense is "feeding the studs". I would imagine the 11th best RB in the country is a stud. You also have to look that the RB also gets plenty of Receiving yards in this offense. When you have a strong OL coach in Coach Summers, you are most likely going to get plenty of holes for big runs and have time to run the ball or do anything else. If it is true that Mr. Dean is visiting Arkansas Jan 18th, that shows he has some interest with Arkansas. I know LSU just won the National Championship but the Arkansas offensive coaching staff has proven to put up yards and points on the offense. It makes a lot of sense for him to go to Arkansas.

VenturaHog

Niiiice. Who does that article on WR's list as now showing interest?

LAHOGG

January 09, 2008, 04:35:49 pm #3 Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 05:04:25 pm by LAHOGG
Holy cow!  I was in Houston for the holidays and watched the state championship game in which Katy played Pflugerville and  won.  That dude is a beast!  Man among boys!  He was unstoppable in that game.

hogfansince79

His high school rushing totals are pretty impressive...

5495 yds  -  6.9 avg.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

LAHOGG

January 09, 2008, 04:42:37 pm #5 Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 04:51:18 pm by LAHOGG
 He was also being recruited by Louisville and I think he's decided not to visit them.  Maybe the coach we got from there is in on this.

The Realist

His video looks great.  If we do indeed lose Curtis, this will def soften the blow
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

VenturaHog

Quote from: The Realist on January 09, 2008, 04:49:25 pm
His video looks great.  If we do indeed lose Curtis, this will def soften the blow

We won't. Thomas on the other hand...

LAHOGG

January 09, 2008, 04:51:58 pm #8 Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 05:05:33 pm by LAHOGG
He's ranked higher than Curtis nationally on scout.  I would love to have both.

Brewerfan10

Quote from: VenturaHog on January 09, 2008, 04:51:21 pm
We won't. Thomas on the other hand...

Where did the thread about Curtis to OSU go? Did it get pulled?

Tommy2Hog

Trey Biddy said today on DTS that he no info. on this guy visiting Arkansas.

jim hog

Recruits are interested in the UofA and this group of coaches. Looking better every day. Go hogs.

HighonSwine

Quote from: Tommy2Hog on January 09, 2008, 07:39:53 pm
Trey Biddy said today on DTS that he no info. on this guy visiting Arkansas.

Considering the article is on rivals, he should have the info.

The real Hogules

Holy schnikes!

Look at the list of schools that Dean is holding offers from, it's quite impressive...........

Schools of Interest:
School              Interest Level          Offer?       Attended Camp?       Visit Date        Signed LOI?
Alabama              Med Interest          Yes                                      01/14/2008   
Arizona State       Med Interest          Yes                                      01/18/2008   
Louisville             Med Interest           Yes                                      01/11/2008   
LSU                    Med Interest           Yes                                     01/25/2008   
Ohio State           Med Interest           Yes                                     01/21/2008   
UCLA                  Med Interest            Yes                                        None

Wrap him up, I'll take him!!!!!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

want2be

Does coach Botkin have ties to this highschool ??

This may be a result of the new staff reaching out.

Big Daddy

Louisville is getting very strong look due to Dean's friendship with Amobi Okoye, who went to Louisville.

This is why he's interested in us now. I would guess.

jgphillips3

This is the kind of thing I expected to see with this staff.  Whether we land this kid or not, this is the direction our recruiting needs to go.  If you don't swing for the fences, you will never hit a home run.  Big props to Petrino for not thinking we are "lil ole Arkansas."

rihog

He posted this on the Katy High Message Board Click on link below to see highlights of his 06 season...

The Truth
« on: January 7, 2008, 08:53:29 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow I'm hearing too much stuff its kind of funny. Anyway you are allowed only 5 Officials, in which the school pays for everything. My 5 trips will be too Louisville, Alabama,
Ohio State, Arkansas, and UT. No need to take an official to A&M because i've see everything already and i know a lot about it same with UCLA.

My FINAL TOP (in no order):
Texas A&M
UT
Ohio St.
UCLA
Alabama
Arkansas

GO TIGERS STATE CHAMPS!!
~DEAN30~
Our biggest strength is that we don't have any weaknesses;
Our biggest weakness is that we don't have any strengths. -J. Frank Broyles

notreseveredname

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on January 09, 2008, 05:21:29 pm
Where did the thread about Curtis to OSU go? Did it get pulled?

I was wondering the same thing.  Something about an OSU coach saying he was commited?  I didn't think coaches could talk specifics.  I was wondering if it was a high school coach or what?

The_Hill

His team mate Terrence Fredrick is a CB that just commited to Louisville, it would sure be nice to go after both of them as a package type deal.
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

hogsfan4l1fe

Quote from: HighonSwine on January 09, 2008, 10:00:31 pm
Considering the article is on rivals, he should have the info.

Pretty telling of the overall s.hitshow that is the arkansas rivals site.  After reading several posts from other teams' insiders boards, I can safely say we got the short end of the stick.

want2be

Now that Shuler is going JUCO, I guess Petrino will push to get Dean.

He only weighs 200 lbs. I thought Petrino would go after a bigger TB.
Curtis and Barnett are shorter than Dean and outweigh him.

I thougt Petrino would go after a bigger TB.
His last 3 at Louisville were Eric Shelton at 245 lbs, Michael Bush at 245 and Koby Smith at 220.

VenturaHog

Quote from: want2be on January 13, 2008, 06:50:11 pm
Now that Shuler is going JUCO, I guess Petrino will push to get Dean.

He only weighs 200 lbs. I thought Petrino would go after a bigger TB.
Curtis and Barnett are shorter than Dean and outweigh him.

I thougt Petrino would go after a bigger TB.
His last 3 at Louisville were Eric Shelton at 245 lbs, Michael Bush at 245 and Koby Smith at 220.

A college weight program could put 20+ lbs on that frame no problem.

want2be

Quote from: VenturaHog on January 13, 2008, 06:51:27 pm
A college weight program could put 20+ lbs on that frame no problem.

Depending on his frame, adding 20 lbs could slow him down

The Realist

he is fine where he is at.  Really reminds me of D-Mac. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 10, 2008, 01:05:29 pm
Does eveyone realize how awesome it is to see Arkansas listed with top tier BCS schools?  I expect to see more and more of this, folks.

YES IT IS!!  See, this is what I've been waiting for.  First Mallett, then this.   Things are just going to get sweeter and sweeter.  These kids know that BP is big time and will give him a chance unlike minor league coaches like Nutty. 
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Conway Cool Daddy

He is a powerful runner with decent speed. He runs a lot like D Mac, he isn't afraid to run over a smaller
secondary player. Loves contact. Great balance, may have better lateral moves than Darren.

I would jump for joy if he became a Hog.

With him and Curtis we wouldn't miss Darren and Felix quite so much.
(Not saying they would take their place, just lessen the blow.)