Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm disappointed but still it's okay.

Started by logic, February 16, 2018, 02:09:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

logic

I would have been nice to have won at Kentucky, but this year we don't have to talent to win against even a handful of teams in the SEC. But, that's okay, we are doing better than expected and, although we lose Cosper, next year we will have more talent.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: logic on February 16, 2018, 02:09:26 pm
I would have been nice to have won at Kentucky, but this year we don't have to talent to win against even a handful of teams in the SEC. But, that's okay, we are doing better than expected and, although we lose Cosper, next year we will have more talent.

taking off my cheerleading hat and being strictly analytical, although we lose Cosper, every player on the team should be better than when we started this year.  Every player on the team (with the exception of McClure who I believe is a walkon who came in at semester, and our sole new freshman coming in next fall) will have had a year in the system.

Not only so, Williams, and Thomas and Weaver, the two freshmen post players will be a lot better starting the year.  I believe especially Weaver will be a lot more help down low than she was in a position to be this year.  Add a couple of four star transfers with a year of playing experience at their previous schools, and a year watching, we will also have a lot more depth and explosiveness at the guard position as well. 

How far will that carry us?  I would say that would at least elevate us to being a legitimate mid pack contender in the SEC, maybe more.  We will have to see.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

logic

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 16, 2018, 08:25:03 pm
taking off my cheerleading hat and being strictly analytical, although we lose Cosper, every player on the team should be better than when we started this year.  Every player on the team (with the exception of McClure who I believe is a walkon who came in at semester, and our sole new freshman coming in next fall) will have had a year in the system.

Not only so, Williams, and Thomas and Weaver, the two freshmen post players will be a lot better starting the year.  I believe especially Weaver will be a lot more help down low than she was in a position to be this year.  Add a couple of four star transfers with a year of playing experience at their previous schools, and a year watching, we will also have a lot more depth and explosiveness at the guard position as well. 

How far will that carry us?  I would say that would at least elevate us to being a legitimate mid pack contender in the SEC, maybe more.  We will have to see.
I agree! Everyone returning will have another year's experience so they should all be better. Certainly the the two transfers setting out this year are great players.  It comes down to Weaver. If she can be good player, I believe mid SEC and likely the top six of the SEC is realistic.