Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beatty kid from Foreman?

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, December 15, 2017, 07:53:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Kids is FAST.  Wes Moore said he ran a 4.2 40 at the Arkansas camp twice.  Are we recruiting him?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

bigbrew25

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on December 15, 2017, 07:53:41 pm
Kids is FAST.  Wes Moore said he ran a 4.2 40 at the Arkansas camp twice.  Are we recruiting him?
I've seen film on him.  Kid has some wheels!!!

flagstaffhog

If true, that's Ridiculous!

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

Hogindasticks

I guess I would run fast if them gators were after me too.... :o

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

transplant

Ran for 211 on 21 carries and two TD in the state championship game.  Over 2,000 yards on the season.

RockyMtnHog

Foreman 24  Mt. Ida 21  FINAL

Foreman won the 2A State Championship
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

SooieGeneris

Kyren Batey? If so, he is Class of 2019. I guess we will find out before too long, 'cause if he has that kind of speed, he will likely get an offer before long. Averages something like 13 yards per carry.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Peter Porker

His track times are legit. Has a PR in the 100 of a 10.99. That's not much off Jordan Jones.

He doesn't have 4.2 speed. That would be like running a 10 flat 100m.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

rlejeune

Seen him in his last game.  Fastest kid I have ever seen. 

rlejeune

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 15, 2017, 10:09:20 pm
His track times are legit. Has a PR in the 100 of a 10.99. That's not much off Jordan Jones.

He doesn't have 4.2 speed. That would be like running a 10 flat 100m.

I thought the same til seen a kid that ran a 4.5 try to catch him.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Peter Porker

Quote from: rlejeune on December 15, 2017, 10:31:07 pm
I thought the same til seen a kid that ran a 4.5 try to catch him.

Then the 4.5 kid  doesn't run a 4.5.

This is 4.12 speed

That's Christian Coleman. He run sub 10s all of the time. He finished 2nd at the World Championships. You think this junior in high school is just a step slower than him?

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

RaisinHog

Hand held time at last year's Arkansas elite camp .. reported by Otis Kirk was 4.29 and 4.27 .. supposly hargraves was on the watch. Richard davenport reported his time as a 4.40 at the same camp .. his dad did tell me the coaches at that time told them after the camp he was the fastest player there ..

Im sure he will camp again this summer ..

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 15, 2017, 10:32:29 pm
I think this is him.  He looks...um...fast.
https://www.hudl.com/profile/6153319/kyren-batey
2nd video where he runs down the guy from behind to force the fumble.  Wow.  Not sure how fast all the other guys were but he closed 10 yards very quickly.

HogBreath

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 15, 2017, 10:37:09 pm
Then the 4.5 kid  doesn't run a 4.5.

This is 4.12 speed

That's Christian Coleman. He run sub 10s all of the time. He finished 2nd at the World Championships. You think this junior in high school is just a step slower than him?
Most people know and accept that forty times are quite often very inaccurate, so you don't have to get in a tizzy every time you see a really fast time posted.

Unless of course you just enjoy arguing the same dumb crap over and over, in that case, knock yourself out.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

lumphog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 15, 2017, 10:32:29 pm
I think this is him.  He looks...um...fast.
https://www.hudl.com/profile/6153319/kyren-batey
SHHHHHHHH..... Delete this post. We don't want this getting out there   ;)

Peter Porker

Quote from: HogBreath on December 16, 2017, 08:09:31 am
Most people know and accept that forty times are quite often very inaccurate, so you don't have to get in a tizzy every time you see a really fast time posted.

Unless of course you just enjoy arguing the same dumb crap over and over, in that case, knock yourself out.

Actually most hogville posters don't know that. That's why they post that kids run 4.2 and 4.4. I don't believe that many people know how elite a 4.4 is, much less a 4.2. But we throw those times around like 90% of the kids can run them. And then when a kid reports a real time of 4.7, well he's too slow for the SEC.

Seebs

I thought Beatty was from Warren
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

RaisinHog

Quote from: Seebs on December 16, 2017, 08:54:06 am
I thought Beatty was from Warren
Kyren Batey .. foreman someone should change the thread name

JIHawg

Mt. Ida plays the same defensive scheme as Bama, so this is a good sign.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

1highhog

4.2 is not that fast anymore, remember, the human race keeps on evolving.  There is a 6'9" 260lb white kid out of Lacy that runs a 3.7 40, and that's only when his Daddys prized Bull is chasing him.  Imagine what a little training and proper nutrition could do to this kid.  We need to go sign this kid up right now or the gol dang competition will.

hawgwild child

I was waiting for thread to get brought up on this kid.  His greatest quality isn't even his speed in my opinion, its his vision and instincts he shows running the ball. 

hawgfan4life

I'm amazed how many people think there are a bunch of athletes out there with D1 size running sub 4.5 forties.  We then see the 100m experts that think kids aren't fast unless they run sub 11 second 100m Times.  An athlete that is all fast twitch muscle that doesn't train properly for the 100 might run a 4.3 forty and a 12 second 100m because a gorilla jumps on him about 55m and he has little left to carry him through the finish.  Seem it happen with 2 different athletes.

For what it is worth, 40 and 100m times are the most misunderstood factors by fans.

Peter Porker

Quote from: hawgfan4life on December 16, 2017, 08:16:05 pm
I'm amazed how many people think there are a bunch of athletes out there with D1 size running sub 4.5 forties.  We then see the 100m experts that think kids aren't fast unless they run sub 11 second 100m Times.  An athlete that is all fast twitch muscle that doesn't train properly for the 100 might run a 4.3 forty and a 12 second 100m because a gorilla jumps on him about 55m and he has little left to carry him through the finish.  Seem it happen with 2 different athletes.

For what it is worth, 40 and 100m times are the most misunderstood factors by fans.

No.

Peter Porker

December 16, 2017, 10:50:03 pm #27 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:02:06 pm by Peter Porker
Quote from: hawgfan4life on December 16, 2017, 10:47:06 pm
YES!

See what I did there?

Silly. If you can smoke a 4.3 you aren't going to be so out of shape that you run a 12.00 100m. That's just dumb to even argue that.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 16, 2017, 10:50:03 pm
Silly. If you can smoke a 4.3 you aren't going to be so out of shape that you run a 12.00 100m. That's just dumb to even argue that.

I was directly involved in track for a period of time and with an athlete that ran the fastest 40 in any meet he attended.  Never saw him not in first by large distances the first half of the race.  He won state championships and was amazing his SR year.  However, he was no faster in the 40 his SR year from his JR year, but he didn't win the major meets or outdoor state his JR year because he wasn't training for the 100m.  At about 65m, he hit the wall and had no reserv and endurance to finish.  Ever go to a horse race and watch a horse lead by a huge distance and fade to last in the stretch?  You have an idea of what you think is the facts for everyone but it is flawed.  I've been directly involved with this more than once.  There is no direct correlation between 40 and 100m time across the spectrum. 

Peter Porker

Quote from: hawgfan4life on December 17, 2017, 08:38:05 am
I was directly involved in track for a period of time and with an athlete that ran the fastest 40 in any meet he attended.  Never saw him not in first by large distances the first half of the race.  He won state championships and was amazing his SR year.  However, he was no faster in the 40 his SR year from his JR year, but he didn't win the major meets or outdoor state his JR year because he wasn't training for the 100m.  At about 65m, he hit the wall and had no reserv and endurance to finish.  Ever go to a horse race and watch a horse lead by a huge distance and fade to last in the stretch?  You have an idea of what you think is the facts for everyone but it is flawed.  I've been directly involved with this more than once.  There is no direct correlation between 40 and 100m time across the spectrum.

Involved how? Coaching? Then you're a terrible coach and shouldn't be around the track. Me? I'm a youth coach and am qualified to coach in Arkansas public schools. My son is a sprinter at Arkansas State. He was a 6 time Meet of Champ participant and that was just his sophomore and junior years because he was hurt his senior year. He won the 7A state championship as a junior in the 200m. I've been around track as well. 4.3 is elite. You don't run 4.3 and die out in the 100m. No one is that out of shape. If you're in shape to run a 4.3 then you're going to run a good 100m time.

1highhog

Quote from: hawgfan4life on December 17, 2017, 08:38:05 am

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 17, 2017, 08:50:57 am
Involved how? Coaching? Then you're a terrible coach and shouldn't be around the track. Me? I'm a youth coach and am qualified to coach in Arkansas public schools. My son is a sprinter at Arkansas State. He was a 6 time Meet of Champ participant and that was just his sophomore and junior years because he was hurt his senior year. He won the 7A state championship as a junior in the 200m. I've been around track as well. 4.3 is elite. You don't run 4.3 and die out in the 100m. No one is that out of shape. If you're in shape to run a 4.3 then you're going to run a good 100m time.

Oh, this is good.  Y'all keep it up.

cardinalandwhite

"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

hawgfan4life

Your a youth coach!  LOL.  Tells me all I need to know.  Congrats on your son.

I agree that 4.3 is elite and I would argue 4.4 is elite too when that is an athlete that plays football.  I would also agree that a sub 11 second 100m sprinter is usually going to be a 4.5 or faster sprinter in the 40.  A 4.6 forty guy isn't running a 10 something 100.  However, there are several athletes who train for football and simply run some track meets.  Many of those athletes can smoke a 40 time but can't crack 11 seconds in the 100 because they don't train for it properly.  I'm not the one coaching them, but I've seen them at various meets.  Your thesis that an elite 40 time has to translate to elite 100 time is wrong.  Quit coaching youth and coach high School and you will see this all over the state in the spring.  Think what you want, but I'm correct on this regarding High School athletes.  If you say this doesn't apply to youth, I will take your word for it.

Peter Porker

Quote from: hawgfan4life on December 17, 2017, 03:05:21 pm
Your a youth coach!  LOL.  Tells me all I need to know.  Congrats on your son.

I agree that 4.3 is elite and I would argue 4.4 is elite too when that is an athlete that plays football.  I would also agree that a sub 11 second 100m sprinter is usually going to be a 4.5 or faster sprinter in the 40.  A 4.6 forty guy isn't running a 10 something 100.  However, there are several athletes who train for football and simply run some track meets.  Many of those athletes can smoke a 40 time but can't crack 11 seconds in the 100 because they don't train for it properly.  I'm not the one coaching them, but I've seen them at various meets.  Your thesis that an elite 40 time has to translate to elite 100 time is wrong.  Quit coaching youth and coach high School and you will see this all over the state in the spring.  Think what you want, but I'm correct on this regarding High School athletes.  If you say this doesn't apply to youth, I will take your word for it.

Youth is considered ages 6-18, champ. Why don't you stop being a casual fan, you know going to a few meets, and volunteer to work with these athletes. Summer track could use some coaches.

Coach V. Slocombe

Not only does this kid run a 4.2 forty but he benched 565 at the weight meet this past summer... :-* Sheeeezzzz people, if this kid ran a 4.2 forty at a camp there would be scouts at his house eating...uhhh, make that buying his family dinner every night...exactly how many offers does he have?

And as far as the pissing match if a 4.3 time can equate to a 100m time...9 times out of 10 it will...
I don't put on the uniform to play the game, I put on the uniform to win the game.   Larry Bird
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.  Vince Lombardi

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Coach V. Slocombe on December 17, 2017, 03:47:01 pm
Not only does this kid run a 4.2 forty but he benched 565 at the weight meet this past summer... :-* Sheeeezzzz people, if this kid ran a 4.2 forty at a camp there would be scouts at his house eating...uhhh, make that buying his family dinner every night...exactly how many offers does he have?

And as far as the pissing match if a 4.3 time can equate to a 100m time...9 times out of 10 it will...

I'm very familiar with the definition of youth.  I'll admit I was poking you with that and actually considered you might be doing some of the track stuff not affiliated with schools.  If so, hats off to you.  Very little of that in ARkansas.  I never said I'm buying anybody's time or reported bench/squat/clean lifts.  My original post was generic to the majority of posts.  Very few individuals run a consistent sub 4.5 forty much less 4.3 range.  Likewise, very few run consistently in the 10s in the 100m, yet most posters think our recruits are slow if they aren't running those times.  You know nothing about me, what I do, or what I have done and you know nothing about my level of being involved or associated with football and track athletes.  I'm confident in those areas enough to know that there are a lot of very fast athletes in AR that run great forty times that don't train in a manner that it translates into great 100m times.  Think what you want, but if you believe a kid automatically translates a forty time to a 100m time, you're wrong a lot of the times.  Equally, just because a kid runs a great 40 and/or 100m in track doesn't mean he is a fast football player.  It doesn't always transfer.

Peter Porker

Quote from: hawgfan4life on December 17, 2017, 05:19:05 pm
I'm very familiar with the definition of youth.  I'll admit I was poking you with that and actually considered you might be doing some of the track stuff not affiliated with schools.  If so, hats off to you.  Very little of that in ARkansas.  I never said I'm buying anybody's time or reported bench/squat/clean lifts.  My original post was generic to the majority of posts.  Very few individuals run a consistent sub 4.5 forty much less 4.3 range.  Likewise, very few run consistently in the 10s in the 100m, yet most posters think our recruits are slow if they aren't running those times.  You know nothing about me, what I do, or what I have done and you know nothing about my level of being involved or associated with football and track athletes.  I'm confident in those areas enough to know that there are a lot of very fast athletes in AR that run great forty times that don't train in a manner that it translates into great 100m times.  Think what you want, but if you believe a kid automatically translates a forty time to a 100m time, you're wrong a lot of the times.  Equally, just because a kid runs a great 40 and/or 100m in track doesn't mean he is a fast football player.  It doesn't always transfer.

You quoted the wrong guy if you were talking to me.

hawgfan4life

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Coach V. Slocombe on December 17, 2017, 03:47:01 pm

Just repeating what Wess Moore said about him during the broadcast of the game.  He said Hargreaves timed him at 4.2 and made immediately made him run it again.  Said the kid ran another 4.2.   That's what the director of sports at FOX16 in Little Rock said. 

As for myself.  All I can say for sure is that the kid was at least 3 steps faster than anyone else on the field.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***