Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All this talent on the floor, and...

Started by bigpigpimpin, November 23, 2017, 05:34:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Beard still playing. Why? Do we want to have turnovers?

HoopS

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 23, 2017, 05:34:49 pm
wth are you talking about?

Little hint. We won't do nearly as well without him.

rwspear

i remember my first basketball game too.

wait no i dont. im glad youre getting into the sport however.

beard needs to be on the court right now. its so simple.

bigred223

Beard is essential to our success. Take a lap.

BannerMountainMan

Beard is part of our game! He played good for most of the part
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Hog Fan from Camden

PORKULATOR

You're new to basketball aren't you?
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogNiner12

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 23, 2017, 06:17:44 pm
You're new to basketball aren't you?
He just needs to shoot less!!! Know his role that is all

rwspear

la20688

Stewhog 11

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 23, 2017, 06:22:01 pm
Do you call 4/12 from the floor and only 3 assists from a point guard a good game? He threw up ugly shot after ugly shot. Only Macon and Barford shot it more. He only had 3 assists. How many turnovers today? You guys think that's an efficient job?

He had the same number of turnovers as Macon. Should we bench him too?

HogNiner12

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on November 23, 2017, 06:23:22 pm
He had the same number of turnovers as Macon. Should we bench him too?
Smh.... please don't say another word!

checkraiser88

Do you call 4/12 from the floor and only 3 assists from a point guard a good game? He threw up ugly shot after ugly shot. Only Macon and Barford shot it more. He only had 3 assists. How many turnovers today? You guys think that's an efficient job?

I think you're just jealous of how strong he is and the all the work he has put in

razorbackfan4life

Beard can handle the ball and more importantly spread the defense out.  He can hit the 3 ball. 

He gets a little over aggressive in the lane some times, but I can live with that. 

IronMountainHog

He only had 14 points dude. Subtract that and we lose. I'll take double digits from a player anytime.

factchecker

Don't leave off the fact that he was 6/6 from the free throw line.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Letsroll1200

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 23, 2017, 06:27:30 pm
He shot enough to have 20+. Macon shot over 50%. Look, it's not just this game. We have watched this for years now. And every year Mike ends up benching him.

If the only thing you watch is the stat sheet than you don't know the value of Beard. Arkansas don't win today without Beard.

rwspear

He shot enough to have 20+. Macon shot over 50%. Look, it's not just this game. We have watched this for years now. And every year Mike ends up benching him.

no he doesnt. just stop. youre clueless.

The_Iceman

This thread either needs to be deleted, or left up to show the stupidity.

Stewhog 11

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 23, 2017, 06:29:46 pm
If the only thing you watch is the stat sheet than you don't know the value of Beard. Arkansas don't win today without Beard.

HoopS

He isn't perfect. You're right.

But our team needs him whether you want to see that or not.

rwspear

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 23, 2017, 06:30:05 pm
This thread either needs to be deleted, or left up to show the stupidity.

the fact that no one agrees with him in the slightest should be enough merit to keep this up, if only to shame people that say really dumb stuff.

checkraiser88

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 23, 2017, 06:31:23 pm
I will let it rest for tonight. Good job hogs. Good win. Bigger one tomorrow.

LOL you don't know basketball, yes please sleep on it ok?

Youngsta71701

How many turnovers did he have?
How many plays did he make?
How did he do in the leadership role?
How many clutch free throws did he make?

I'll wait for your answers. The guys has stepped up so far this year. Give it a break. Basketball is about more than stats. Sometimes the intangibles help you win ball games. You know, the little things. And that's what he does. Now is he perfect? No. Will he make a bonehead play from time to time? Yes. But he helps THIS team more than he hurts it.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hawg Red

Is this for real?

Beard is a big BIG big part of this team and he is flat out playing very well so far this season.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Beard is a good player. He's a great facilitator, just needs to be more selective of the shots he takes
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

PonderinHog

I coulda sworn he had a good game.   ::)

HawgnCorona

Sounds like you just created a turnover with this thread. We won man. NO need to bash  anyone.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hogsmash12

Beard is playing the best basketball of his career and has become a solid floor General.  I'm thrilled right now with Anton Beard.

hogfooey

We just won a big game, and the only thing you come here with is bashing a player?  I thought that was against the rules anyway.
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

rwspear

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 23, 2017, 06:39:51 pm
I coulda sworn he had a good game.   ::)

he had a great game; OP is either drunk or terrible at sports.

farmhawg

Just like to complain? Sheesh.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

checkraiser88

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 23, 2017, 06:48:49 pm
Ok, 4 for 12 with 3 assists is now a great game for a pg. Got it.

It's ok buddy, we all feel sorry for you...

checkraiser88

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 23, 2017, 06:54:55 pm
I posted this during the game. If we had lost, you all would be singing a different tune. Just because we won does not mean an individual player had a great game.

I thought you were going to bed?

Temprees

rwspear

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 23, 2017, 06:54:55 pm
I posted this during the game. If we had lost, you all would be singing a different tune. Just because we won does not mean an individual player had a great game.

no we wouldnt. beard needed to be out there. its basketball and it seems to be over your head.

Swinefeld

He's certainly no Trae Young, but I like him managing the point.

bjeffersonhog

He's shooting 43% from the floor for the year,  and has only missed 2 free throws all year.   He has rebounded well for a guard all year too.  He has improved so much over the last year when it comes to bad decisions,  and you want to blast him over a bad shooting night?  Please son.