Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puerto Vallarta

Started by BA Hogwild, July 15, 2008, 01:25:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

majestic

Quote from: HawgWild on August 19, 2016, 10:51:07 am
Any of you PV travelers ever eaten at La Leche? Saw where "El Chapo's" son and 5 others were abducted from there while having a meal. A couple of TA reviewers mentioned the event in their reviews. One said they'd have given it more stars if there hadn't been a kidnapping at the next table.  ;D

http://www.lalecherestaurant.com/
I've never eaten there, but I've been by it several times.  There are so many great places to eat close to where we stay. If you ever go to PV, you've got to try Sonora House Grill. Absolute best tacos in town.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

majestic

Going back for a couple of weeks on Tuesday. Found a place for sale with a pool  :) Might be posting from there on a semi-full time basis before long.

Hog_Fink

down here now. mom's been living here coming on 2yrs. got an awesome place downtown. dunno if I've ever eaten this good.

HawgWild

majestic

Quote from: galactivation on February 13, 2018, 08:53:44 pm
down here now. mom's been living here coming on 2yrs. got an awesome place downtown. dunno if I've ever eaten this good.

One of the best times to be there for sure.

pigture perfect

I don't know if it's your thing or not, but this time of year is the best for Whale watching down there. I plan on going back again just for that someday.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

majestic

Man, while you are down there, go to Sonora Grill in fluvial. Best tacos/meat in PV. And the best guacamole, believe it or not, is at Union on the Malecon. And if you happen to want some good gelato, go to Buonissimo. My nieces work there.

pigture perfect

Thanks. We are going in the fall, I think.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hog_Fink

Quote from: majestic on February 15, 2018, 07:41:33 pm
Man, while you are down there, go to Sonora Grill in fluvial. Best tacos/meat in PV. And the best guacamole, believe it or not, is at Union on the Malecon. And if you happen to want some good gelato, go to Buonissimo. My nieces work there.

sweet thanks for the recs. I'll make to tell them majestic from hogville sent me

majestic

July 19, 2022, 01:48:26 pm #59 Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 01:32:50 pm by majestic
Couple of updates for anyone thinking about going to PV. We spent most of June there and went on a couple of excursions we previously had not.

We stayed at the Buenaventura Grand all-inclusive. It's right at the end of the Malecon so it was easy to walk to the house. Food was ok, the pools were nice and the place was clean. It's a smaller place but there were a lot of kids around. Its sister resort next door is adults only if you don't like them running around.

First trip we went on was to San Sebastian Del Oeste. Quaint little town about an hour NE of PV up in the mountains. It's kind of like a little Silver Dollar City. Not much to do unless you take an ATV trip up to La Bufa. We didn't because it's about a 3 hour round trip and it was later in the day. It was also about $100 per person and we weren't dressed appropriately. This is a trip I would skip, personally.

The next venture was to Las Caletas. The only way to get there is via a boat and the only place that can take you is Vallarta Adventures. It's a pricey trip at about $80/person but you get free food and drinks the whole day. It takes about 45 minutes to get there and you will be bombarded on the boat by the operators to purchase activities once there. The kids went scuba diving and snorkeling and loved it. I found a secluded beach area and just drank beer. This is John Huston's old private beach and is leased now to the tour company by the indian tribe that owns it. It's a pretty touristy experience but it is the nicest beach I've ever been to. Just beautiful. I recommend it but probably won't go back.

Sonora Grill still rules, but we only went once as we grilled out most nights at the house. The airport is still a zoo and flying sucks ass. Got covid on the flight home but didn't get too sick.