Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Arkansas Football Signing Class Projections

Started by Tomhog™, December 14, 2010, 02:45:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfart

Quote from: Tomhog™ on December 14, 2010, 02:45:17 pm
2012 FOOTBALL COMMITS

Pos  Commit            24/7 ESPN  Rivals   Scout      Stats             Hometown        Status

1. OL Jeremy Ward        93    79     3*         3*      6'4", 280, 5.3   Pottsville, AR        HS
2012 Outlook: redshirt   Beyond: Starter
Jeremy is a fantastic OG that led his Pottsville team deep into the playoffs, losing to eventual 4A champion Pulaski Academy. Being an early/solid commit and an OL, he is an easy one to overlook as an anchor to this signing class.  Even though he committed early, it didn't prevent the nation's best schools from attempting to lure him away.  In fact, he held offers from the top four teams (mid-season) in the BCS: Alabama, OSU, LSU, in addition to the Hogs. Ole Miss threw their hat in the ring unsuccessfully, too.  On the next level he will turn into a menacing lead blocker for whichever back Petrino decides to play.  Jeremy is one to never slouch or take off plays.  You will see him put 100% into every snap and every block.  He will be a strong addition to another national championship contending Arkansas team.
Offers: LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Arkansas State

2. ATH Nathan Holmes    88    78     3*        3*       6'1", 175, 4.43 Port Arthur, TX     HS
3. LB AJ Turner              90     45     3*        3*       6'3", 200, 4.5   Lepanto, AR         HS
4. OL  Cordale Boyd       84    79     3*        3*       6'3", 290,        Memphis, TN        HS
5. RB Donovan Roberts   87    79     3*        3*       6'0", 195, 4.5   Norman, OK         HS
6. DE Jeremy Sprinkle     84    77     3*        3*       6'6", 210, 4.6   White Hall, AR      HS
7. DE Brandon Lewis       81    79     3*       3*       6'5", 220         Memphis, TN        HS

8. WR Eric Hawkins        85    45      3*        3*      5'11", 172, 4.5  Longview, TX      HS
9. WR D'Arthur Cowan    88     80     3*        3*      6'3", 170, 4.56  Olive Branch, MS HS
10. WR Keon Hatcher      90     80     3*        4*       6'2", 195, 4.5   Owasso, OK        HS
11. CB Jared Collins        84      73      3*       3*       5'10", 170, 4.4 Tulsa, OK           HS
12. DE Deatrich Wise       84      75      3*       4*       6'5", 230, 4.7 Carrolton, TX      HS
13. CB Ray Buchanan Jr    81      77     3*       3*       5'10", 176, 4.5 Suwanee, GA     HS
14. ATH Defonta Lowe      85      77      3*      2*      6'3", 185, 4.5  Bearden, AR       HS
15. DE Jamichael Winston   84     76      3*      2*       6'5", 226        Prichard, AL      HS
16. RB Jonathan Williams    93     79      4*      4*      5'11", 205, 4.5  Allen, TX          HS
18. DE Austin Flynn           90     JC      3*       3*       6'4", 250, 4.6 Wilmington, CA  LOI
18. DE Taiwan Johnson      89     79      3*      4*      6'3", 240, 4.79 Manvel, TX     HS
19. S   Will Hines              86     75       3*      3*       6'0", 175, 4.5 Waco, TX         HS
20. LB Vin Ascolese          79      74       2*     3*       6'2", 215, 4.6 North Bergen, NJ HS
21. WR Demetrius Wilson    83    JC        3*       3*      6'3", 180, 4.4    Glendale, AZ     JC
22. LB Otha Peters           94      79       4*       3*      6'1", 221, 4.6    Covington, LA   HS
23. Demetrius Dean         89      80       NR       NR     6'3", 240          Fayetteville, AR
24. Darius Philon              88      79       3*       3*      6'2", 265, 4.78 Prichard, AL

YAY!!!  looking forward each day to your reviews Tomhog!!!  Appreciate the work you put into this,... 

Tejano Jawg

Nice work Tomhog. Good reading for the off-off-off season.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

daBoar

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 24, 2012, 02:15:30 pm
I'm glad you enjoy them, maybe even as much as I enjoy writing them! AJ Turner projection added.
How about a follow up review to the 2011 class..........a year under the eyeglasses?

Tomhog™

Quote from: daBoar on February 24, 2012, 10:06:39 pm
How about a follow up review to the 2011 class..........a year under the eyeglasses?

Then y'all see how bad off I was. LOL

One thing I never predict are the ones that get homesick and leave or transfer early for other reasons.  I see them the way Petrino does and that is a 4-5 year contributor.  Of course, we'd never be able to sign 25 every year if there wasn't some attrition.  Maybe I'll tackle that after I finish these projections.

daBoar

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 25, 2012, 08:30:26 am
Then y'all see how bad off I was. LOL

One thing I never predict are the ones that get homesick and leave or transfer early for other reasons.  I see them the way Petrino does and that is a 4-5 year contributor.  Of course, we'd never be able to sign 25 every year if there wasn't some attrition.  Maybe I'll tackle that after I finish these projections.
Highsmith certainly exceeded my expectations last season, especially since he arrived late.  Sometimes preparation does meet opportunity, but he really showed me some grit and plenty of hustle.  Of course, most redshirted last season, and it's hard to assess how those have improved prior to their first Spring session.

Tomhog™

I've added Austin Bennett to the commits list for 2013.  This is the second post down.  I will separate out into its' own thread when we get a few more commits.  Trying to keep the number of stickied topics down.

jesterzzn

Quote from: Tomhog™ on April 12, 2012, 06:17:53 pm
And just like that we are down to 0 commits for 2013.  We would have lost JJ either way, I believe.  But this is just downright depressing.

Ohio State lost most of theirs too, last year.  Hire the right guy, and we can salvage a decent class. 

Hire the wrong guy, and 2013 recruiting won't matter one bit since 2014 and beyond are just as critical.

TheRealFan

I love this class!!!!  WPS!!!!  8) :razorback: :razorback:

Tomhog™

Quote from: jesterzzn on April 12, 2012, 06:34:49 pm
Ohio State lost most of theirs too, last year.  Hire the right guy, and we can salvage a decent class. 

Hire the wrong guy, and 2013 recruiting won't matter one bit since 2014 and beyond are just as critical.

Totally agree.  Imagine if lightning were to strike twice and Arkansas hires Jon Gruden?

RazorPiggie

Is it possible that we can go ahead and take out the 2012 class since they are signed and everything and focus on the 2013?

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on May 02, 2012, 08:16:03 am
Is it possible that we can go ahead and take out the 2012 class since they are signed and everything and focus on the 2013?

This this this!

And yes Penny is hot.
Let's make some waves.

DeltaBoy

Praying hard we can get the rigth hire for this class.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

welchog

Hogtropolis™

I heard on the radio a few days ago that someone did not get past the clearing house, but I missed their name.  Said they may go JuCo or possibly wait to enroll in the spring.  They said it was because their school finished up so late in the summer that the clearinghouse wasn't able to get what they needed in time.

Does anyone know who they were talking about? I'm sorry if this has been discussed and I missed it, but I have been super busy lately and haven't been on here much. Thanks.

Virgil

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on August 09, 2012, 07:55:55 am
I heard on the radio a few days ago that someone did not get past the clearing house, but I missed their name.  Said they may go JuCo or possibly wait to enroll in the spring.  They said it was because their school finished up so late in the summer that the clearinghouse wasn't able to get what they needed in time.

Does anyone know who they were talking about? I'm sorry if this has been discussed and I missed it, but I have been super busy lately and haven't been on here much. Thanks.

Vin Ascolese.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Virgil on August 09, 2012, 08:33:17 am
Vin Ascolese.
That's who I thought they were talking about and that stinks. Thanks.

Tomhog™

I gotta get a move on.  Gotta finish all projections before Sept. 1.  Life has thrown a curveball, thus I haven't had the time I used to.  I'll do my best to finish 'em!

Virgil

Quote from: Tomhog™ on August 13, 2012, 12:41:34 pm
I gotta get a move on.  Gotta finish all projections before Sept. 1.  Life has thrown a curveball, thus I haven't had the time I used to.  I'll do my best to finish 'em!

We appreciate them whenever you can get them to us and thanks for all the hard work.

Virgil

whosiskid

Thanks Tom! These are enormous fun to read. It was an interesting recruiting class. Weak at some positions, strong at others.  Not very strong with regard to the defensive backfield, but we are making up for that this year. Really, really strong along the defensive line. I wonder if they move one or more of the defensive ends to tackle.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Tomhog™

Quote from: whosiskid on September 02, 2012, 11:26:27 am
Thanks Tom! These are enormous fun to read. It was an interesting recruiting class. Weak at some positions, strong at others.  Not very strong with regard to the defensive backfield, but we are making up for that this year. Really, really strong along the defensive line. I wonder if they move one or more of the defensive ends to tackle.

Our defense shows it has a very long ways to go from being able to match up with those currently at the top.  Recruiting has gotten better defensively, but still a good bit of ground to make up.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 02, 2012, 03:58:03 pm
Our defense shows it has a very long ways to go from being able to match up with those currently at the top.  Recruiting has gotten better defensively, but still a good bit of ground to make up.

Good thing about this year is that we're taking our lumps and playing a ton of freshmen and underclassmen, which in turn will help us in future years ala 2008.