Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 19 THREAD: #5 Arkansas (14-4, 1-0 SEC) vs Kentucky (14-4, 0-1 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 17, 2018, 07:37:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dotnet

Pudgepork

ucahogfan

Quote from: TebowHater on March 17, 2018, 02:19:03 pm
That first strike called at Martin's ankles set the tone for that at bat, unfortunately.
It sure did.  Made him chase the 1-1 pitch.

I'm a solid 1-2 minutes behind JHicks on WatchESPN.

JHicks3636

I hope all saw my homer call by Bonfield before the page flipped

TebowHater

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 17, 2018, 02:19:15 pm
Bonfield with a strike, HOMERS to right center

2-0 Arkansas

WOW!!! WPS!!! We are getting the spin on that ball today without the wind knocking it down.

SPAL

razCzar

JHicks3636

Fletcher starts even at 1-1, 1-2, grounds to 1B, out to pitcher

2-0 Arkansas after 1

TebowHater

Ump is giving the ankle to shin high strike today. Hopefully Campbell benefits from it too

ucahogfan

Bonfield's crushed his 3rd HR of the year over the listing of NCAA Regional Appearances for the program in RCF field for his 13th RBI.  That is the 31st of the season for the Hogs which now ties them with Kentucky for the SEC lead.

War Boar

SPAL

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 17, 2018, 02:19:43 pm
It sure did.  Made him chase the 1-1 pitch.

I'm a solid 1-2 minutes behind JHicks on WatchESPN.

Yeah. Me too. He already had Martin's at bat posted before Cole crossed the plate on his Homer.

PoconoHog

Quote from: TebowHater on March 17, 2018, 02:19:03 pm
That first strike called at Martin's ankles set the tone for that at bat, unfortunately.
Yes it did...he immediately went into protection mode...swung at a bad low second pitch
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Razorbacks#1

0                        Top 2nd                 2

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Kentucky       0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 1   
Arkansas       2 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  2  |  2  | 0  | 0   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Pudgepork

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 17, 2018, 02:19:48 pm

Saw it.  Keep those Hog Homer calls coming.  My ulcer needs a day of rest

ucahogfan

Quote from: TebowHater on March 17, 2018, 02:21:27 pm
Ump is giving the ankle to shin high strike today. Hopefully Campbell benefits from it too
That 1st strike call to Fletcher was called a ball to Biggers.  It was low and away.

ucahogfan

Quote from: PoconoHog on March 17, 2018, 02:21:55 pm
Yes it did...he immediately went into protection mode...swung at a bad low second pitch
Completely changed the AB for both Martin and then Fletcher as he chased a changeup (which is nasty) down and out.

JHicks3636

In the Wildcat 2nd

5. Collett      .333
6. Heyer       .383
7. Johnson    .328

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

From Kendall Rogers' Twitter feed:

This @RazorbackBSB lineup is some kind of good. Two batters later, Luke Bonfield takes 94 from Justin Lewis and puts it over the wall in RCF. Now 2-0 #Hogs. Such a relentless batting order. #WPS

Have a weekend, Eric Cole. For the second straight day, he hits a homer in the first inning. He deposits a 92 mph FB from Justin Lewis over the wall in dead center. #Hogs lead 1-0. @RazorbackBSB

Really strong first inning for @RazorbackBSB RHP Isaiah Campbell. Two strikeouts, sat 90-93 and up to 94 with his fastball, showed good feel for the SL and CH as well. #MLBDraft

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Collett fell victim to the low strike call on that K.  He stood there and was about to argue.  Hopefully the HP ump expands the zone for Campbell even more.

To be fair, it was just below the knees.  Not a very low pitch.

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Cottam begins with a strike, 1-1, grounds to SS, out at 2B on a fielder's choice

2-0 Arkansas after 1 1/2

Hawgphish

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 17, 2018, 02:19:48 pm
yes... would you mind saying I am going to hit the powerball?

SPAL

JHicks3636

In the Razorback 2nd

6. McFarland   .387
7. Kjerstad      .350
8. Koch           .333

Razorbacks#1

0                        Bot 2nd                 2

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Kentucky       0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 2   
Arkansas       2 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  2  |  2  | 0  | 0   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Pudgepork

Wisco Pig

ucahogfan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 17, 2018, 02:30:35 pm
In the Razorback 2nd

6. McFarland   .387
7. Kjerstad      .350
8. Koch           .333
How many teams in the country would have a 6-7-8 of that caliber?  All three of those guys are big time talents.

JHicks3636

Pudgepork

Hawgphish

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Although the throw was wide, I think you have to score it a single because he might have beat the throw regardless.

JHicks3636

Koch who could only homer twice yesterday, takes a ball, 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, full count, singles to left, runners at 1st and 2nd with 1 out

TebowHater

It is a beautiful thing to see Koch hitting again. If we can get Shaddy going again with RISP, we would truly be rocking.

Hawgphish

Will the chef catch 18 today?  Swinging it hot, be hard not to.

JHicks3636

Shaddy starts with a ball, grounds to SS, out at 2B on the fielder's choice, runners on the corners with 2 outs

JHicks3636

Biggers bats for the second time today and is 0-1 in the game, takes a ball, 2-0, 3-0, walks and the beer hats are out

SPAL

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Wild pitch scores a run and moves the other 2 runners up

3-0 Arkansas

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 17, 2018, 02:42:16 pm
Wild pitch scores a run and moves the other 2 runners up

3-0 Arkansas
The preceding pitch was a slider just off the inside part of the plate that Cole almost hit to Foghorns.  Could have shaken him up a little to uncork a 55 foot fastball.

TNhawgfan

I love early runs! Takes pressure off the pitcher and defense
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hawgphish

Squires is a reluctant blocker.  He could use a few buckets of blocking drills.

JHicks3636

Cole who homered in his first at bat, 0-1, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, Ks swinging

3-0 Arkansas after 2

ucahogfan

The 3-1 pitch looked to be a little high which caused Cole to chase a fastball up at the letters.