Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DFW vs Houston all-time Super Bowlers: Dig this Concept?

Started by edemire, February 06, 2016, 09:22:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

edemire

We all know the state of Texas produces some great football players, and that the DFW and the Houston metro areas are at the top of its talent rich areas. I thought it would be interesting to compare those areas' native sons in how they performed all previous 49 Super Bowls.

I did a lot of work going through the roster of all Super Bowl teams and gathering stats, and an end result is this:
http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/houston-vs-dallas-how-super-bowl-performers-stack-up-8003278

Even if you don't care about Texas born players, I want to ask you all if you like this overall concept: Comparing the native sons of one area vs. another area's native sons around a certain event. Would you want to see a breakdown comparison of all Arkansas natives' Super Bowl performances vs, say, all Missouri or Tennessee natives? I have those numbers, too.

Of course, Arkansas may lag behind bigger states in total stats because its sheer number of NFL players are fewer, but I can always focus on averages and per capita comparison to help level the field.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey