Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which fake sport star could we get?

Started by longpig, January 29, 2016, 11:44:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

As Tyler Wilson commented on the radio this morning, how many kids that age actually know who Ric Flair is?

Fatty McGee

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2016, 11:47:32 am
As Tyler Wilson commented on the radio this morning, how many kids that age actually know who Ric Flair is?

Reminds me of all the people who used to want to hire Gruden because he won the Superbowl in 2002.  They were 7.   Or Corliss because he won a title.  They were unborn.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

jethro

Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

jkstock04

Not sure how ric flair is gonna relate to football recruits...but i still think it's pretty cool!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hawganatic

Probably more than you think.  Some are timeless...

There are videos floating around of a Pro Football player (don't remember who or for what team) that does a Ric Flair bit before every game to get the team pumped up. Recruits see that.  They also saw Green Bay doing the whole Championship belt thing a few years ago that was started by Ric Flair.

Hogarusa

Everyone knows the Nature Boy.  Cmon now.  Wooooooooooo!

Hogs should go get Hillbilly Jim and Hacksaw Duggan. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawganatic on January 29, 2016, 12:48:41 pm
Probably more than you think.  Some are timeless...

There are videos floating around of a Pro Football player (don't remember who or for what team) that does a Ric Flair bit before every game to get the team pumped up. Recruits see that.  They also saw Green Bay doing the whole Championship belt thing a few years ago that was started by Ric Flair.

Doubtful.  Unless they are wrestling fans, they DGAF about Ric Flair.

husker71

for the real old guys   we need to hire Gil Thorpe and have him coach all of our sports   my gosh the money we would save and I dont remember if he had assistants or not.   When I was growing up my grandpa bought me Chip Hilton books   why cant we find more athletes like him and he had a cool flattop hairdo.  No matter the sport he was the best  if he was around today he would be the greatest X sport athlete of all time

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: husker71 on January 29, 2016, 01:24:32 pm
for the real old guys   we need to hire Gil Thorpe and have him coach all of our sports   my gosh the money we would save and I dont remember if he had assistants or not.   When I was growing up my grandpa bought me Chip Hilton books   why cant we find more athletes like him and he had a cool flattop hairdo.  No matter the sport he was the best  if he was around today he would be the greatest X sport athlete of all time

I read the Chip Hilton books.  Author was Claire Bee, who was a legendary college basketball coach before he retired to write the books.  Chip was an All-American kid.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Arthur pigby sellers.

I'll walk on if you can get Kenny *** Powers to coach the team. 

longpig

"I drove to Little Rock every Saturday night to watch wrestling......... till I found out it was fake" - My Grandfather
Don't be scared, be smart.

Jackrabbit Hog

Ricky Bobby and Cal Naughton, Jr.  They could shake and bake their way to a number 1 recruiting class.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 29, 2016, 01:46:59 pm
Ricky Bobby and Cal Naughton, Jr.  They could shake and bake their way to a number 1 recruiting class.

Amen
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 29, 2016, 01:46:59 pm

Like the way you think brother.

longpig

WMHawgfan

hawkhawg

What kind of loser doesn't know who rir flair is. That's like not knowing Babe Ruth or Muhammad Ali.

The Great Hambino

Torqued pork

Danica Patrick would win hands down, especially if she would give each player a ride.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: longpig on January 29, 2016, 01:42:13 pm
"I drove to Little Rock every Saturday night to watch wrestling......... till I found out it was fake" - My Grandfather
This is supposed to be impressive? Lol How many times did he drive to LR before he realized it was two grown men play fighting in their underwear? After the 100th trip to LR, did he ask himself, "Hey, why doesn't that guy just stop and grab the rope instead of bouncing off it right into that guy's clothesline?"

longpig

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 29, 2016, 12:53:03 pm
Everyone knows the Nature Boy.  Cmon now.  Wooooooooooo!

Hogs should go get Hillbilly Jim and Hacksaw Duggan.

and Porkchop Cash

VegasHog

Most of them.

longpig

LZH

This is how old I am (and lame)..... I saw Ric Flair and Hacksaw Butch Reed in a steel cage match at the Superdome in 1985. 40000 people attended, and it was not fake!

Vantage 8 dude

January 31, 2016, 12:23:38 pm #31 Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:10:00 pm by Vantage 8 dude
I would strongly suggest that we offer up Harry Rex Vonner and his "band of Victoria Secrets angels" as our NSD sports star guests. I can guarantee without question or a thought of hesitation that even Harbaugh and company couldn't top that line up!!! 8)

longpig

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: longpig on January 31, 2016, 01:08:42 pm
;D
Yikes!! At the risk of being politically incorrect: Now THAT'S ghaaaa!!!!

Torqued pork

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 31, 2016, 03:11:12 pm
If James Garner and David Hasselhoff would've hooked up and produced a male offspring it would've looked like the Baz.

wupigsuey

Quote from: 12247 on January 30, 2016, 06:57:13 am
Danica Patrick would win hands down, especially if she would give each player a ride.

in her car or....
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Dr. Starcs

The Great Hambino:
"Chris Benoit"

Lol. But Smh.

longpig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 31, 2016, 03:11:12 pm

Dazzling Dave was born to be a fake sport star.

LZH

The Great Hambino

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 31, 2016, 03:30:21 pm
The Great Hambino:
"Chris Benoit"

Lol. But Smh.

We can do it Weekend at Bernie's style.

Weekend at Bert's.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 31, 2016, 03:30:21 pm
The Great Hambino:
"Chris Benoit"

Lol. But Smh.

Haha I'm not sure anyone caught his humor.