Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lawrence Phillips founded dead in cell.....suspected suicide

Started by DOGALUM, January 13, 2016, 01:19:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DOGALUM

Was there ever any doubt that this would end up happening?   And end to a wasted life.   

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/01/13/lawrence-phillips-death-prison/78742058/

"Lawrence Phillips, the former football star facing murder charges, was found dead early Wednesday at Kern Valley State Prison, California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation spokeswoman Terry Thornton told USA TODAY Sports.

The death is being investigated as a suspected suicide, according to press release from the department.

Phillips, 40, was facing the possible death penalty in the alleged murder of his former cellmate at Kern Valley State Prison. At a preliminary hearing on Tuesday, a Superior Court judge ruled there was "sufficient cause to believe'' Phillips committed murder, according to court records, which cleared the way for a trial that could have ended with Phillips getting the death penalty."
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Boarcephus

Just read that.  My first thought was if someone killed him then that someone was a bad sob because Phillips was a load.  Talk about a waste of talent.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Some people are just bad.  Bad to the core.  And I don't mean "bad" as in cool or awesome.  I mean "bad" as in evil.  I'm afraid Phillips was one of those people.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

husker71

they could never get the LA inner city out of the guy  and Osborne really tried    Dr Tom knew that without football the guy was doomed   I heard that they tried everything to keep him in Lincoln over summers because if he got back to LA anything could happen    Hell it happened in Lincoln    there are certain things that were happening back then (and maybe now) that just were frightening    QB  Darian Hagan who ended up at Colorado wanted to come to Nebraska but said if he wore red the bloods in his neighborhod would kill him

HiggiePiggy

Really wish America would focus more on its gang problems than some crap in the Middle East. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

1highhog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 10, 2016, 08:09:27 pm
Really wish America would focus more on its gang problems than some crap in the Middle East. 

But but but, we need their oil, oh wait,,

Boarcephus

You're considered a racist if you address that problem and the politicians are not about to touch that topic.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 17, 2016, 09:57:25 am
You're considered a racist if you address that problem and the politicians are not about to touch that topic.

Probably right.  Only way it will be targeted is when a politician loses a kid to it.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Inhogswetrust

March 19, 2016, 11:53:09 pm #9 Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:21:06 am by Inhogswetrust

The crap in the middle East is gang problems.....................just a different type of gang.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi