Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guesses for our Big 12/SEC Matchup

Started by -Blu, May 06, 2014, 12:32:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

May 06, 2014, 12:32:21 am Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 04:30:57 pm by -Blu
The Big 12/SEC match-ups will be announced next week, some games have already leaked including Texas @ Kentucky and Florida @ Kansas.

Looking at how they are doing they are wanting to put together the best possible match-ups.  We should be a consensus top 4 team in the SEC by most everyone going into next year.  My guess for us would be getting one of the match-ups between either Oklahoma, Baylor, OK State, or ISU.  Which means we'll get a home game if matched against one of these teams, because they all played home games last year.

Edit: Oklahoma actually played a neutral site game game, so I don't know how that's going to work for their opponent.  That makes me hope we don't get them because we owe them a road game, chance are if we match against them it'll be a road game for us.

z1on

My guess would be Iowa St or Oklahoma. Baylor and OK State lost a lot and will be toward the bottom of the Big 12 IMO. Me personally I hope we play Iowa State, I'm a little tired of playing OU.

popcornhog

Quote from: z1on on May 06, 2014, 12:56:26 am
My guess would be Iowa St or Oklahoma. Baylor and OK State lost a lot and will be toward the bottom of the Big 12 IMO. Me personally I hope we play Iowa State, I'm a little tired of playing OU.

Okie State? WVU? TTU? TCU? Are they already slated to play other B12 schools?
WPS

bulldog04

RazorPiggie

TTU or TCU so we will win the game.

rhog1

Quote from: bulldog04 on May 06, 2014, 07:23:00 am
Doesn't OU already owe us a game?
I think we owe them a game. If I remember right we delayed the series.

The_Iceman

Personally, I would like to see us play Oklahoma State. They'll be down a little next year, and it would be nice to get a win over them.

bulldog04

Quote from: rhog1 on May 06, 2014, 07:46:22 am
I think we owe them a game. If I remember right we delayed the series.
Ok thanks.  That should be the obvious answer then.

nextlevel

If aTm and Mizzou are in it again this year, that is your match ups with WVU and TCU due to the big12 not allowing aTm or Mizzou to play the original big12 members during this challenge.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Hawg Red

Baylor would be a nice win to have on our resume. They lose Austin, Jefferson, Haislip, and Franklin, but they should still be pretty decent. Gathers, O'Neale, Cherry, Wainright, Freeman, Prince and some nice JUCOs should be enough to keep them a contender for an NCAA bid.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 06, 2014, 08:43:53 am
Personally, I would like to see us play Oklahoma State. They'll be down a little next year, and it would be nice to get a win over them.

I agree they are a hot team in TX recruiting right now. A win over them would really help IMO.

Boston RedHogs

I hope it's not OU.  I would rather play another school that hasn't been one of our recent OOC match ups.

CDBHawg

jry04

CDBHawg

-Blu

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on May 06, 2014, 12:16:07 pm
I hope it's not OU.  I would rather play another school that hasn't been one of our recent OOC match ups.

I made an edit to the OP, Oklahoma actually played a neutral site game last season, so I'm not sure how they will handle their game.  My thoughts are if we get matched up against them, since we owe them a road game, we'll probably end up being the road team if we play against them.  I could be completely wrong on that, but it would make sense.