Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DVH Presser from media days 1/28

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, January 28, 2015, 07:28:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

January 28, 2015, 07:28:20 pm Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:53:24 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Video here (25 minutes):
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/video/54c94f47e4b07c4782e509c2

Quotes here:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-media-day-recap-01-28-2015

Van Horn on potential starting pitchers: "Right now Killian, Taccolini, Jackson, Teague and McKinney are the ones that jump right out at me.

Van Horn on catching situation: "It's a pretty good battle.  Pennell is a pretty polished defensive catcher.  He will throw you out if you give him a chance. Alex Gosser is battling too.  Right now Pennell is a little bit ahead of him on the defensive side. 

Van Horn on who he expects in the infield: "The infield is interesting, especially the middle.  Clark Eagan is the most improved hitter that we've had and we've got him at first base.  At second base, there's three or four kids that could go there.  If Bernal isn't playing short, he can play second.  Defensively, he's our best second baseman.  Brett McAfee or Bernal will be at shortstop.  Another player that's improved and I think you'll see this right out of the gate is Bobby Wernes.  Athletically, he's probably one of the hardest working kids I've been around. He can play third, short or second.  He's our best fielder."

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

DVH: Spoon in RF, Benintendi in CF and Serrano in LF with Bonfield right there.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

DVH: Eagan playing 1B and leading off.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

DVH: Bernal at 2B and Nomura backing up.

DVH: McAfee at SS and Wernes at 3B.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Some guys that are hitting the ball well: Spanberger, Wilkerson, Hogan and Bonfield.

Carson Shaddy, Eagan and Wernes may be the most improved players.

Sssss!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Sssss! on January 29, 2015, 03:12:35 am
Where does Wiggins fit in?
Haven't heard his name mentioned much. From what I'm hearing lately (and it's early), he's probably somewhere behind Max Hogan, who is pushing Bernal, McAfee, Wernes and Nomura. As a talented freshman, when his defense becomes solid, he will get his chance.

Sssss!

What is DVH saying about he's top recruiting class? (You must play defense at this level )
No mentioned of Rodriguez ?

Kevin

Rodriguez is suspended for the year. He is not going to talk about him.

Yes, one of the themes of his pc was you have to play defense to get in the line up
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22