Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pre-Season Poll #5 - Most Improved Player

Started by dotnet, January 22, 2015, 07:30:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which returning player will be the most improved this season?

Andrew Benintendi
6 (15.8%)
Michael Bernal
3 (7.9%)
Clark Eagan
3 (7.9%)
Alex Gosser
0 (0%)
Zach Jackson
2 (5.3%)
Trey Killian
0 (0%)
Jackson Lowery
0 (0%)
Joe Serrano
0 (0%)
Tyler Spoon
2 (5.3%)
Jacob Stone
1 (2.6%)
Dominic Taccolini
10 (26.3%)
James Teague
4 (10.5%)
Bobby Wernes
1 (2.6%)
Krisjon Wilkerson
4 (10.5%)
Other
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: February 01, 2015, 07:30:51 am

dotnet

Who will be the most improved player on the team?

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

January 23, 2015, 07:58:57 pm #2 Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:32:03 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Taco or Teague....went with Teague, for a pitcher.

Wilkerson as a hitter.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Sounds like Carson Shaddy should have been on the poll.

Edit: He was a redshirt last year.

BroyledNutts

As far as pitchers go, I hope most improved comes down to Stone or Taco...we will need both to produce late in games, and late in the weekend, to be successful this year.

As far as position players go, putting aside the new guys which I have not seen play, IMO it comes down to three guys to me - Wernes, Bernal, and McAfee...

Wernes needs to be that reliable hot corner like Forsythe was...we can't afford throwing errors or the ball getting to the corner; and he needs to show he's grown up at the plate. We have a slim margin for error this year vs. a loaded conference, and if he's going to be at third he needs to be rock solid.

McAfee has to stay healthy and really become that star IF, as well as produce at the plate and in the run game...my only caveat here would be if Michael Bernal is at short...Mac still needs to be more consistent this year at the plate.

If Bernal gets the start at short, and can improve his plate performance and continue to make the highlight reel plays, he could be an all-conference SS...

Competition for playing time this year is gonna be nuts.

Hogpkins

I voted Bernal. I thought he showed flashes last year of really good play at the plate, along with great defense most of the time. I predict he puts it all together this year and gains real consistency.