Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Schedule change

Started by TikiHog, January 07, 2015, 01:43:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TikiHog

if this is old news then sorry....

Sat Feb 28 Cal time change to 11am

LSU series is now Thu 6, Fri 8 and Sat 2:05 which means 5 straight games

Ole Miss series is now Thu 6 ;35, Fri 6 and Sat 2:05 which means 5 straight games
2 weeks in a row...game at Memphis time change to 5:30

Sat April 18 road vs A&M time change to 7:30 from 2:05

Bama road series moved to Thu-Sat

TikiHog

also Sat game at Auburn time change to 6

pigture perfect

Is all this due to the SEC network coverage?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

TikiHog

I'm sure it had to be but 10 games in 12 days will be brutal

Sueie

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 07, 2015, 02:32:05 am
Is all this due to the SEC network coverage?

Have they came up with a SEC television schedule yet?  Need to plan my trip schedule.  Probably only A&M for me this year.
Might go to Mobile just to see a buddy of mine and deep sea fish out of Biloxi, MS.
Not sure yet. 
HOPEFULLY there are a lot of them on tv this year.

Horsesrus

I'm going for the twin bill of SEC Men's Basketball Tournament - Arkansas Vandy baseball in Nashville March 13-15.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: TikiHog on January 07, 2015, 10:46:05 am
I'm sure it had to be but 10 games in 12 days will be brutal

I agree.  I'm all for getting TV exposure and I love to watch the games.  But I don't like sandwiching two important series around quick trips to Memphis and LR.  Our pitching staff will be on fumes by the Ole Miss series.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/jan/07/diamond-hogs-adjust-schedule-three-series/

TikiHog

I was told the TV schedule should be out in a couple of weeks....I'm going to the USA Tournament and staying in Biloxi and just driving back and forth....also will make the Georgia series and all home games

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

We had some long stretches of games last year, partially because they moved some SEC weekend series up one day to start on Thursday instead of Friday. If your team plays in the ESPN Thursday SEC game of the week, you start the conference weekend series on Thursday. Without looking back, I think we played a series in California, a series in Florida and a couple in Nebraska in a 12 day span. We played 8 in 10 and 13 in 15 days last year, if I remember correctly.

dotnet

Arkansas - I'm not  sure if you're remembering that correctly either... but if you are then it seems like that 15 day span accounts for about half the losses on the year.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

OK, went back and looked, had to do it. ;)

In a 9 day stretch we went coast to coast and played 7 games, 4 games in California and 3 in Florida.

From March 14th to April 5th we played 19 games, that's 19 games in 22 days.
EDIT: 2 of those games were postponed, but still made up in that stretch....MSU and So Carolina.

TikiHog

no after Cal we had a week off....we had a stretch of 11 in 14 days starting with Florida and ending with Miss Valley St

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: TikiHog on January 07, 2015, 06:57:31 pm
no after Cal we had a week off....we had a stretch of 11 in 14 days starting with Florida and ending with Miss Valley St
Series in Cal started on the 7th and we finished with Florida on the 16th (9 days).

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on January 07, 2015, 07:01:28 pm
Series in Cal started on the 7th and we finished with Florida on the 16th (9 days).

And . . . during that stretch . . . we went?? (You've already done the research, so I'll let you answer)

;)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 07, 2015, 08:42:07 pm
And . . . during that stretch . . . we went?? (You've already done the research, so I'll let you answer)

;)
Went 2-5 in the Cal and Florida series.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

January 07, 2015, 10:48:41 pm #15 Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:09:31 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Quote from: dotnet on January 07, 2015, 06:25:52 pm
Arkansas - I'm not  sure if you're remembering that correctly either... but if you are then it seems like that 15 day span accounts for about half the losses on the year.
Went 12-7 in the 19 game stretch. Our record on April 5th (after the 19 game stretch) was 20-12. Finished regular season at 35-21. 

But yeah, you're remembering the same as I am in that things did not look good after Cal and Florida and the first part of that long stretch. After we figured out that Bama was stealing our signs in the first game with them, we really started doing better and won 6 in a row.

TikiHog

but after the Cal series we had 4 days off so no big deal

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Glad we are not playing out west this year. It may good for recruiting, but we haven't done well out there lately.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: TikiHog on January 07, 2015, 11:35:09 pm
but after the Cal series we had 4 days off so no big deal
You would remember that because you didn't get to go to Baum for a while.  ;)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Heard that the entire baseball TV schedule will be out on the 20th.

Also read that Ole Miss is expecting ALL of their games to be available on the SEC  Network+ , so we should at least have close to ALL games, right?

ricepig

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on January 15, 2015, 09:25:33 pm
Heard that the entire baseball TV schedule will be out on the 20th.

Also read that Ole Miss is expecting ALL of their games to be available on the SEC  Network+ , so we should at least have close to ALL games, right?

At least.......

Knot2brite

I know the exposure on sec tv is great and all but the thurs-Saturday series put a major cramp in me going to see games in Fayetteville. I can't go up on Thursday and Friday ( game day Friday) and it really sucks to drive up to Fayetteville on a Saturday to turn around and drive home when it is a four hour drive up and four hour drive back. A Saturday and Sunday set made the four hour drive home easier....just my 2 cents
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required