Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting closer to

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, December 26, 2014, 08:57:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

January 25, 2015, 12:41:53 am #51 Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:36:29 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
19 DAYS!

Let's don't forget that Ribby and the RBI girls will be back in 19 days!

[vine]MgADgApD3iq[/vine]

[attachment deleted by admin]

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

January 26, 2015, 12:27:18 am #52 Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:55:56 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
18 DAYS! will be on us before we know it.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

January 26, 2015, 03:51:13 pm #53 Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:39:59 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
D1 Baseball PODCAST #2
from 1/26/15

Fitt And Rogers Podcast: Previewing The SEC  (24 minutes)
http://www.d1baseball.com/podcast/fitt-rogers-previewing-sec/

In this podcast, Aaron Fitt and Kendall Rogers discuss sleeper teams in the Southeastern Conference and make their picks for the SEC's major awards.

Prediction: Hogs are 1 of 10 SEC teams to reach NCAAT.
Discussion of Hogs at 11 minute mark.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

January 27, 2015, 02:55:20 am #54 Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 04:33:39 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
17 DAYS!

[vine]OJxTtYpzmb0[/vine]
Guys are getting better at the best indoor facility in the country.

[vine]OIQi1mi7lFA[/vine]
James Teague getting some bullpen work.

[vine]OIQBZpmDnUw[/vine]
Blake Wiggins taking batting practice. Darien Simms in the background.
Each one of these Vine videos have audio, but you will need to find the volume icon in one of the corners of the picture and click on it.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Who is ready to see LukeBonfield take the field in 17 days?! We need opening day to get here now.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

January 28, 2015, 01:17:32 am #56 Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:30:55 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
16 DAYS!

[vine]Oiw1OargLhH[/vine]
Working hard.

[vine]OJwlzJ1UjXz[/vine]
Jacob Stone

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Baseball ‏@RazorbackBSB  · 2h2 hours ago 
"I think we are going to do really good things with our bats this yr & it will show up on the scoreboard."

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

"We may put one of our better hitters down in the lineup. We don't want to see a fall off in the lineup at 7-9." - DVH

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

"Wilkerson hit a ball out to dead center the other day. You don't see many guys do that." - DVH

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB    ·  3h 3 hours ago   
"Bobby Wernes can play anywhere in the infield. He was probably the best defensive third baseman in the SEC last year." - DVH

·  3h 3 hours ago   
"Clark Eagan is the most improved player we have. How many times do you see your leadoff guy at 1st? We are going to have it this yr." - DVH

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB    ·  3h 3 hours ago   
"Jacob Stone will be the closer to start the year. He has the experience and mentality. He really has the ability to hold runners." - DVH

·  3h 3 hours ago   
"If you have a new ball in one hand and the old ball in the other you can really tell a difference. It travels a lot further." - DVH

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB    ·  4h 4 hours ago   
"We are trying to bring Killian along slowly and make sure he doesn't get reinjured. We are hoping he is ready for opening weekend." - DVH

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB    ·  4h 4 hours ago   
"We have more offensive depth than we have had since 2011. It will allow us to make some moves." - DVH

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

15 DAYS!

[vine]OiwbmpQbFd6[/vine]
Benintendi working on bunting in the Fowler Family Indoor Facility. DVH said he hit one off the scoreboard outside the other day. He's bulked up about 10 pounds for this season. 

pigture perfect

I'm feeling the nervous twitchings that come from anticipation.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Baseball ‏@RazorbackBSB  · 12m12 minutes ago 
Two weeks from tomorrow, the flips are back. Oh yeah, and so is  baseball.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 29, 2015, 12:49:36 pm
I'm feeling the nervous twitchings that come from anticipation.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

January 30, 2015, 01:52:52 am #65 Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:04:54 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1,209,600 SECONDS

or

20,160 MINUTES

or

336 HOURS

or

2 WEEKS

or

14 DAYS !

UNTIL GAME DAY !

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Baseball‏@RazorbackBSB   
Can't wait 2 weeks to watch your #OmaHogs? We'll have a scrimmage tomorrow at 11 a.m. at Baum Stadium. Come check out your 2015 squad! #WPS

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

13 DAYS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

January 31, 2015, 07:36:55 pm #68 Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 07:51:52 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Can You Smell It?  Smells like baseball.

Omahog Blog:
http://omahogblog.blogspot.com/2015/01/can-you-smell-it.html 
(includes Friday's scrimmage)

Friday, January 30, 2015
Infielders started by pairing up and throwing balls in the dirt at each other's back hand to practice picking the ball. They then took ground balls and put them in buckets each had behind them. After this only one ball was hit around the infield as fielders all threw to first, then turned double plays before finally working on charging softly hit balls and throwing to first. These drills lasted about 30 minutes while some players who needed work at multiple positions moved around. These 30 minutes were very efficient with little to no mistakes. So. Bobby Wernes worked mostly from third but moved to short for a spell. RSJr. Brett McAfee stayed at short, Jr. Rick Nomura worked at second, juniors Max Hogan and Matt Campbell both worked at second with Hogan getting work in at third and Campbell at short as well. Jr. Cullen Gassaway and Fr. Blake Wiggins both stayed at first. RSJr. Mike Bernal and So. Clark Eagan were both not practicing.
(click above to read more)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 01, 2015, 12:43:42 am #69 Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 12:27:43 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Sueie

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on January 31, 2015, 07:36:55 pm
Can You Smell It?  Smells like baseball.

Omahog Blog:
http://omahogblog.blogspot.com/2015/01/can-you-smell-it.html 
(includes Friday's scrimmage)

Friday, January 30, 2015
Infielders started by pairing up and throwing balls in the dirt at each other's back hand to practice picking the ball. They then took ground balls and put them in buckets each had behind them. After this only one ball was hit around the infield as fielders all threw to first, then turned double plays before finally working on charging softly hit balls and throwing to first. These drills lasted about 30 minutes while some players who needed work at multiple positions moved around. These 30 minutes were very efficient with little to no mistakes. So. Bobby Wernes worked mostly from third but moved to short for a spell. RSJr. Brett McAfee stayed at short, Jr. Rick Nomura worked at second, juniors Max Hogan and Matt Campbell both worked at second with Hogan getting work in at third and Campbell at short as well. Jr. Cullen Gassaway and Fr. Blake Wiggins both stayed at first. RSJr. Mike Bernal and So. Clark Eagan were both not practicing.
(click above to read more)

Isn't Wernes a Junior and McAfee a Senior.  I thought McAfee was a Junior last year and had to apply for a medical redshirt after he completes his senior year.  Didn't Van Horn say that McAfee played in to many games last year to get a redshirt junior year?

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Sueie on February 01, 2015, 12:40:21 pm
Isn't Wernes a Junior and McAfee a Senior.  I thought McAfee was a Junior last year and had to apply for a medical redshirt after he completes his senior year.  Didn't Van Horn say that McAfee played in to many games last year to get a redshirt junior year?

According to the official roster (well at least on the university's official website) both are listed as juniors (McAfee a rs, Jr).
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on January 27, 2015, 04:35:51 pm

Who is ready to see LukeBonfield take the field in 17 days?! We need opening day to get here now.

Bonfield's 17?

Looks like I get to recycle my old Wilkins jersey this year....Happiness.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

12 days until beautiful nights at Baum.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 02, 2015, 12:36:58 am #74 Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:48:05 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
11 DAYS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Keaton McKinney..11 days!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

You know it's close to baseball season when the pallets of media guides arrive!

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Not a bad place to spend the day when it's below freezing outside.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 03, 2015, 03:32:01 am #79 Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:05:37 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Baseball‏@RazorbackBSB  4:10pm
Brett McAfee just crushed a two-run double off the wall in practice.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 04, 2015, 12:02:53 am #81 Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:30:00 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
9 DAYS!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 05, 2015, 12:35:46 am #82 Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 01:24:44 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
8 DAYS!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 05, 2015, 02:23:39 pm #83 Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:11:03 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
James McCann working out at the Fowler Indoor Facility.

[vine]OFTqFl93Wjv[/vine]

Razorback Baseball‏@RazorbackBSB   
#ProHogs | @JamesMcCann34 getting spring training ready for the @tigers at the best indoor facility in the country.

Click in lower right corner of picture to turn on the volume.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 05, 2015, 06:08:05 pm #84 Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:35:29 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback Baseball 
That's a missile from Luke Bonfield.

[vine]OFFqBXbdrML[/vine]

Click in lower right corner of picture to turn on the volume.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

7 DAYS!

ONE WEEK!!

NEXT FRIDAY!!!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Razorbacks#1

Good Stuff ARKANSAS! Looking forward to a week from today. +1 for the fine work. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 06, 2015, 09:13:41 pm #87 Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 01:20:39 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Photos from February 6th practice.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rjhutchphotography/16274408029/in/photostream/

On each one of these photos you can scroll down and look under "tags" to see the name of who is in the pictures. Click on the name and you will get all of the pictures for that player.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 07, 2015, 01:17:09 am #88 Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:06:22 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
6 DAYS!
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

More like baseball weather and we are just 6 days away!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 07, 2015, 11:14:25 pm #90 Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:18:26 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Look what North Dakota (our first opponent) was dealing with yesterday.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 08, 2015, 03:17:13 am #91 Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 05:05:54 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
5 DAYS!
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 08, 2015, 06:16:50 pm #92 Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 12:44:04 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

4 DAYS!!!!
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

3 DAYS!!!
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

dbhog

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 08, 2015, 03:17:13 am
5 DAYS!
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Sorry but it does not look like this forecast will hold.  The weather channel is now showing the high for Sat and Sun at 40 degrees.  BRRRR

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 10, 2015, 04:28:02 pm #96 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:31:23 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Almost game time. We're rounding 3rd and headed home.  WPS!

[vine]OU2rWudZV7g[/vine]

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 11, 2015, 05:18:57 am #97 Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:29:34 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
2 DAYS!
:razorback: :razorback:

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Just a couple more days:
[vine]MveDZX5AbMI[/vine]
[vine]MvO6h5gAjub[/vine]
Click in the lower right corner of the pictures to turn the audio on.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

TWO DAYS.
DVH enters his 13th season at the helm of the Razorbacks with 5 career College World Series appearances.