Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Initial Depth Chart

Started by HogsBalls, December 23, 2014, 09:52:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

woodrow hog call

I thought it would be out by now, but yeah I think we don't have to worry about being over the limit.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

flippinhogmana

Quote from: woodrow hog call on January 05, 2015, 08:57:58 pm
I thought it would be out by now, but yeah I think we don't have to worry about being over the limit.

As of this moment there are 36 on the roster.  I dont believe we are allowed that many are we?  I believe we can have only 35 on the roster and of that only 27 can get financial aid.  I dont remember of the 35 how many can practice.  But it would appear as if one more had to go.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: flippinhogmana on January 05, 2015, 10:01:13 pm
As of this moment there are 36 on the roster.  I dont believe we are allowed that many are we?  I believe we can have only 35 on the roster and of that only 27 can get financial aid.  I dont remember of the 35 how many can practice.  But it would appear as if one more had to go.
It's not going to be more than 34 this year, probably less. My guess is 33.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

January 08, 2015, 03:38:46 am #53 Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 03:33:17 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
My opening day lineup:
(I like Kevin's infield and uca's outfield and dh).

1b-Eagan
2b-Nomura
ss-McAfee
3b-Wernes
lf-Bonfield
cf-Benintendi
rf-Spoon
c-Pennell
dh-Serrano

Friday - Killian
Saturday - Big Taco
Sunday - Teague
Mid week - McKinney

Closer - Stone
Setup Weapon - Jackson

Spanberger, Wiggins, Bernal, Rodriguez, Hogan, Campbell, Wilkerson will get early looks. Interested in learning more about Gassaway and Simms.

Friday - Killian
Saturday - Big Taco
Sunday - Teague

Closer - Stone
Setup Weapon - Jackson

Kevin

according to dvh, looks like nomura is going to play 2nd
i hope bonfield is a better defensive rightfielder, than serrano
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

dotnet

Quote from: Kevin on January 08, 2015, 12:10:16 pm

I'm as big a Serrano fan as anyone here... but that last one shouldn't be too hard

Kevin

i love serrano. put him as dh, in the 2 hole. and lets go.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Knot2brite

Quote from: Kevin on January 08, 2015, 12:10:16 pm
I thought Serrano played left field last year
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Bonfield may end up in right field.

Big Nasty 34

Kevin

ucahogfan

Quote from: Kevin on January 08, 2015, 12:57:42 pm
i love serrano. put him as dh, in the 2 hole. and lets go.
Yep.  I don't expect a lot of pop out of Serrano, but he is an extremely consistent hitter and should easily hit .300+ this year.  He handles the bat well and is someone that DVH needs in his lineup.

From what I have read, it appears that Bonfield worked very hard on his defense and projects to be average defensively at the pro level.  He has pretty good speed at about 6.8 in the 60, and I think he hit 92 or so from the OF in a pre-draft workout.  He could be plugged in at LF for his time at Arkansas.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

uca, do you see Bonfield doing any spot pitching for the Hogs? I've seen where he may be in the mid 80's fast ball with some sink, but has a decent change up.

dotnet

not uca... but if Bonfield is pitching this season, this place will be miserable

ucahogfan

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on January 12, 2015, 08:16:33 pm
uca, do you see Bonfield doing any spot pitching for the Hogs? I've seen where he may be in the mid 80's fast ball with some sink, but has a decent change up.
Nope.  About the only freshman I could see playing both ways this year is McKinney.  Most of our RHPs will be 90+ unless one of their pitches is truly plus.  Don't really want a player like Bonfield spending time focusing on pitching unless there is a chance he sees the mound like Eibner and Cox did, but both of them threw in the low to mid 90s.

ucahogfan

Quote from: dotnet on January 12, 2015, 08:26:10 pm
not uca... but if Bonfield is pitching this season, this place will be miserable
Yep, if Bonfield is pitching, it either means we are down huge in a blowout or half of our pitching staff went down.  We have plenty of pitchers who should handle the pitching duties this year.  I would venture to think the majority of our players throw at least in the mid 80s from the mound.

Bonfield could be a potential 2 way player on a lower D-1 team, but I just don't think he is a 2 way player in the SEC.  Not a knock on his pitching ability, just more about the beast of a staff DVH and Jorn have built here.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Thx, was reading some old material on PG that projected him to do some pitching in college, but hadn't read any mention of it here.