Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Traylor

Started by colbs, December 11, 2017, 09:06:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Twain

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 11, 2017, 09:24:38 pm
Yes he can. Pittman is ELITE. Traylor isn't there yet.
Pittman was an elite OL Coach but he was far from an elite recrutirer while he was here, VERY far...  For me an elite recruiter is elite no matter where they are recruiting players to play, not just when they are at a school like Ohio St, Georgia, Bama, USC, etc...

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 11, 2017, 09:53:16 pm
Pittman has signed 16 4*+ recruits.

Over his entire career?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

oldhawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 11, 2017, 09:53:16 pm
Pittman has signed 16 4*+ recruits.

That have contributed how much? to the Razorback program.  Just name them, I'll recognize the names.

thebignasty

Look, I think Pittman spent his whole last year here giving no shits because we ran off his buddy Chaney, and is in part responsible for the o line hole we ended up in,  but while he was here our line was good and signed a bunch of heavily recruited lineman- Kirkland, Skipper, Ragnow, Tretola, Wallace,  Merrick, Rogers,  Jackson.

It's been that way everywhere he's ever been. He's a stud an it's ignoring reality to suggest he's not.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 11, 2017, 09:53:49 pm
Pittman was an elite OL Coach but he was far from an elite recrutirer while he was here, VERY far...  For me an elite recruiter is elite no matter where they are recruiting players to play, not just when they are at a school like Ohio St, Georgia, Bama, USC, etc...

Over his entire career?

https://247sports.com/Coach/Sam-Pittman-477/AllTimeRecruits

RazorPiggie

Quote from: oldhawg on December 11, 2017, 09:57:22 pm
That have contributed how much? to the Razorback program.  Just name them, I'll recognize the names.

Kirkland, Ragnow, Skipper, Wallace, J Ledbetter, Tretola.

Flrazrback

Welcome Coach Traylor... Multiple High School State Championships and District Titles as a Coach in Texas .. Top recruiter in the East Texas area.. Our program continues to grow

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 11, 2017, 10:09:53 pm
Sure did seem like we had no OL depth while he was here and after he left.

He recruited quality OL just not enough of them. And I don’t think Anderson had a clue what to do.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: oldhawg on December 11, 2017, 09:57:22 pm

Ragnow, Tretola, Wallace and Ledbetter off the top of my head. Several multi year starters and draft picks.

Razorback Pastor

azhog10

He comin. This I can get behind.

redeye

Traylor retweeted that last tweet, fwiw.

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 11, 2017, 09:21:34 pm
When CBB came I really thought him deemphasizing Texas was a good thing.  Replace those kids with Florida and Louisiana kids and we'd be better off. Turns out that's not true, and it may be a big part of what got him fired.  I hope this Texas experiment works.

I don't think CBB emphasized Texas enough when he first arrived and I thought that at the time.  It seemed like he began emphasizing it more after his 2nd year, but that was after he'd made his anti-Texas remark at the coaches convention.  He did well in Florida while Partridge was here and he did great in Louisiana with the help of CMS.

Fans always blame coaching failures on recruiting, but I still think CBB was close to moving Arkansas to a higher tier in recruiting, but something happened during the 2016 recruiting class and CBB never recovered from it.  It was almost like he gave up at that point.

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 11, 2017, 08:20:56 pm
My whole life I've been waiting on next year.  I'm ready to get there.

I guess you missed the Petrino era?

hawgon

Quote from: redeye on December 11, 2017, 11:33:08 pm
Traylor retweeted that last tweet, fwiw.

I don't think CBB emphasized Texas enough when he first arrived and I thought that at the time.  It seemed like he began emphasizing it more after his 2nd year, but that was after he'd made his anti-Texas remark at the coaches convention.  He did well in Florida while Partridge was here and he did great in Louisiana with the help of CMS.

Fans always blame coaching failures on recruiting, but I still think CBB was close to moving Arkansas to a higher tier in recruiting, but something happened during the 2016 recruiting class and CBB never recovered from it.  It was almost like he gave up at that point.

That's the year he realized he didn't want to coach anymore and could make more money if he got fired.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hawgon on December 11, 2017, 11:36:51 pm
That's the year he realized he didn't want to coach anymore and could make more money if he got fired.

Would not surprise me in the least.  Or maybe that's the point where he realized his just posing as a coach had been figured out.

Birminghog

redeye

Quote from: hawgon on December 11, 2017, 11:36:51 pm

I can't even remember what happened, but I do remember losing interest at that point.  It had nothing to do with where the 2016 class finished, but between the 2016 NSD and now, I rarely visited Hogville, because I'd lost hope under CBB.  This was immediately after our 2015 season, which was the apex of the Bielema era, and we'd just signed a decent class, but there were some things I didn't like that had nothing to do with our on-field performance or recruiting rankings.  I kept it to myself, because I didn't want to be the guy spreading doom and gloom.  FWIW, I still think Bielema could have succeeded with his system at Arkansas, but it was like he gave up before the 2016 season began.

kp72204

Quote from: redeye on December 12, 2017, 12:05:38 am
I can't even remember what happened, but I do remember losing interest at that point.  It had nothing to do with where the 2016 class finished, but between the 2016 NSD and now, I rarely visited Hogville, because I'd lost hope under CBB.  This was immediately after our 2015 season, which was the apex of the Bielema era, and we'd just signed a decent class, but there were some things I didn't like that had nothing to do with our on-field performance or recruiting rankings.  I kept it to myself, because I didn't want to be the guy spreading doom and gloom.  FWIW, I still think Bielema could have succeeded with his system at Arkansas, but it was like he gave up before the 2016 season began.
That's when Pittman left and he realized that sending oline wasn't going to stop him.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Hogs49ers

December 12, 2017, 01:09:55 am #119 Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:21:16 am by Hogs49ers
nm
SCREW Vandy!

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Hogs49ers on December 12, 2017, 01:09:55 am
So is he going to be the OC here? I assume so, but did not see that posted anywhere.

No. I saw in another thread who the OC will be. Not Traylor.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on December 12, 2017, 01:16:24 am
No. I saw in another thread who the OC will be. Not Traylor.

So he turned down Mizzou OC position to a positional coach here under Morris?  Now that is what I call loyalty and he must have a lot of belief in CCM.
SCREW Vandy!

redeye

Quote from: kp72204 on December 12, 2017, 12:12:54 am
That's when Pittman left and he realized that sending oline wasn't going to stop him.

Yea and that was part of it.  Losing Pittman was huge, and then we lost Weathersby to LSU, after we thought he would sign with Arkansas, and we really needed another good Olineman.

soooieman

Quote from: The Chief on December 11, 2017, 08:15:52 pm
I swear on all things holy, it seems that some people just spout the first thing to come to mind.  All of your other incorrect guesses, now add this.
Notice how fast they vanish after the fact....

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Hogs49ers on December 12, 2017, 01:21:42 am
So he turned down Mizzou OC position to a positional coach here under Morris?  Now that is what I call loyalty and he must have a lot of belief in CCM.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=651906.0

OC is Joe Craddock, also the QB coach. Not sure where Traylor will be.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 12, 2017, 01:37:16 am
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=651906.0

OC is Joe Craddock, also the QB coach. Not sure where Traylor will be.

One would assume that he'll be the RBs Coach/ Assistant HC.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 12, 2017, 02:38:33 am
One would assume that he'll be the RBs Coach/ Assistant HC.

So here is what we know for sure, can anyone add to this?:

HC: Chad Morris

OC: Joe Craddock

Oline: Dustin Fry

WRs: Justin Stepp

RBs: Jeff Traylor

TEs:  Barry Lunney

Director of Recruiting: Mark Smith

Director of Football Operations: Randy Ross

Is the youngest overall staff we have ever had at Arkansas?
SCREW Vandy!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Hogs49ers on December 12, 2017, 03:13:57 am

Prolly, but Chavis will hike it up a bit.

I said that I assume he will be RB/AHC. He may fill something different. Possibly Co-OC and leave the AHC to someone else.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 12, 2017, 03:50:58 am
Prolly, but Chavis will hike it up a bit.

I said that I assume he will be RB/AHC. He may fill something different. Possibly Co-OC and leave the AHC to someone else.

Well it was said on Hogville so it is official  ;)
SCREW Vandy!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Hogs49ers on December 12, 2017, 03:58:06 am

I try not to be like that.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 12, 2017, 04:04:53 am
I try not to be like that.

I know you don't, I am just messing, I just think it is a pretty solid assumption since that was his old position at SMU and no one else has filled it yet.
SCREW Vandy!

Pork Twain

Quote from: redeye on December 11, 2017, 11:33:08 pm
Those two years happened so fast, it was easy to miss.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Hogs49ers on December 12, 2017, 04:06:48 am
I know you don't, I am just messing, I just think it is a pretty solid assumption since that was his old position at SMU and no one else has filled it yet.

I'd say so. But then again it was a pretty solid assumption that Petrino didn't have a girlfriend/employee on the back of his motorcycle when he wrecked it too. Lol.

RebelliousHog

The ADG said today that CM calls his own plays. If that is the case then OC is a support position. To me this would make Traylor the AHC
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 11, 2017, 02:18:14 pm
At least someone gave me credit. I thought it was POTY material.  ;D

I saw what you did there..... ;)
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

King Kong

Quote from: HenduHog on December 12, 2017, 07:35:44 am
The ADG said today that CM calls his own plays. If that is the case then OC is a support position. To me this would make Traylor the AHC

He didn't call his own plays his last 2 seasons at SMU

ricepig

Quote from: Hogs49ers on December 12, 2017, 03:58:06 am

Some think Traylor will get a Co-OC title, along with Craddock. We'll probably be one of those schools with a run game coordinator and a passing game coordinator, haha.

kibster

Quote from: HenduHog on December 12, 2017, 07:35:44 am

Sounds about like the ADG - using info that is three years old.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

jackflash

I like this staff so far still want to see who comes on the defensive side of the ball. believe that is WHERE THE BIGGEST NEED IS

LRHawg

Wouldn't be surprised if Traylor is given the Asst. Head Coach position and is well-paid! Excited that he chose to come to AR.

Little Lady Back

I will be really excited if Traylor comes to Arkansas. Top coach and recruiter and we definitely need top notch recruiters. 
#NolanRichardsonCourt

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hogs49ers on December 12, 2017, 03:13:57 am

HC: Chad Morris

OC: Joe Craddock

Oline: Dustin Fry

WRs: Justin Stepp

RBs: Jeff Traylor

TEs:  Barry Lunney

Director of Recruiting: Mark Smith

Director of Football Operations: Randy Ross

So the offensive staff looks to be good to go. now what about the defense. all the hires on defense need to be really good ones.got to get the defense fixed. the last 2 years has been a pitiful disgrace.i am going to trust coach Morris to make some great hires.

The NewEra

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 12, 2017, 11:06:23 am
So the offensive staff looks to be good to go. now what about the defense. all the hires on defense need to be really good ones.got to get the defense fixed. the last 2 years has been a pitiful disgrace.i am going to trust coach Morris to make some great hires.

Traylor would be huge for East Texas recruiting.  CCM mentioned he might hire a Special Teams Coach, specifically for that position.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 12, 2017, 11:06:23 am
what about it? He will bring it in with the DC, whom he calls "the best in the nation."
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

forrest city joe

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 12, 2017, 11:11:40 am
what about it? He will bring it in with the DC, whom he calls "the best in the nation."
It's not just about the DC. it's about all the coaches on defense.who is going to be the DL,LB and DB coach? these decisions are going to be big.have to get guys who can reach and develop.

PorkRinds

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 12, 2017, 11:34:55 am
It's not just about the DC. it's about all the coaches on defense.who is going to be the DL,LB and DB coach? these decisions are going to be big.have to get guys who can reach and develop.

So they need long arms?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 12, 2017, 11:34:55 am
i feel you, i jst meant those guys are usually the DC's guys. he'll pick them once he's hired. I think it is somebody still coaching in a meaningful game.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

The NewEra

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 12, 2017, 11:45:17 am
i feel you, i jst meant those guys are usually the DC's guys. he'll pick them once he's hired. I think it is somebody still coaching in a meaningful game.

I tend to agree with you.  I suspect the new DC will be looking to bring in kids he's already on. 

jackflash

Traylor best assistant he has  hired yet. with Morris and Traylor Texas recruiting is wide open

MAGA45

Not sure this is a done deal yet.
Fake News