Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Season Starts Saturday

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, October 16, 2017, 09:39:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

We're heading into the 2nd half of the season Saturday. We have a new QB with swagger and a cannon where an arm should be. We have a new lineup on the offensive line that showed potential. As bad as things have gone thus far, WE CAN STILL FINISH WITH 9 WINS! That includes a bowl win of course. Everyone left on our schedule have had games where they looked just as bad if not worse than we have. The game against Auburn should be the most difficult of the bunch, but a win there could snowball into a successful finish! GO HOGS!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Ex-Trumpet

You posted this at 9:39am...you need to seek professional help.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Mr Jade

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

007 License To Squeal

Thanks for adding a little humor to my morning.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

tannerstahl

I'm with you OP ...hopefully these changes will spark some life! WoooPig!!
i love the hogs....so very very much

rljjr

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 16, 2017, 09:39:30 am
We're heading into the 2nd half of the season Saturday. We have a new QB with swagger and a cannon where an arm should be. We have a new lineup on the offensive line that showed potential. As bad as things have gone thus far, WE CAN STILL FINISH WITH 9 WINS! That includes a bowl win of course. Everyone left on our schedule have had games where they looked just as bad if not worse than we have. The game against Auburn should be the most difficult of the bunch, but a win there could snowball into a successful finish! GO HOGS!

Love the attitude and there's no reason you can't be proven right. The schedule is now more manageable. It might not work out how you hope, but it's at least better than wallowing in self pity and seething in anger. Kudos for a positive post! It's time to rally around the players and support them, regardless of every other distraction.

HognotinMemphis

Good mornin', sunshine! Aren't you a breath of fresh air. Thank you so much. I have started my week off with a skip in my step and a smile on my face.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pork Twain

I wish I still had the hope and fire that I had at the beginning of the season
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 16, 2017, 09:54:56 am
I wish I still had the hope and fire that I had at the beginning of the season

I do, but it's for the Astros.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hogcard1964

You actually have a valid point to an extent, but I think we finish up at 6-6.

Folks, Auburn is a winnable game.

CPO Hog

I'm a huge fan of the faster tempo. It gives us the potential for "quick strike" scores.
I have been recording games this year so I could FF between plays.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 16, 2017, 09:58:29 am

Lol, every Monday after a humiliating defeat we say the same things!! 

We Hog fans just keep getting up just to be punched in the mouth again and again!

longtimeHogfan

St. Gus would like nothing better than to embarrass us big time.  We're not going to win at Ole Miss....Mississippi St can be tough....LSU has found a defense and an offensive line and even Missouri looks better than they did at the start of the season. 

Coastal Carolina....that's it. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

HognotinMemphis

I wish it was true, but it is not and you know it. Neither this game nor the LSU game is winnable. It won't be 56-3 again but if we play Auburn to less than 20 points, I'll be shocked. They are better in every phase and position. Literally. Their team speed is far about that of the Hogs'. Compare our lines to theirs, our skill position players to theirs. Our def backs to theirs. Our LB's to theirs. It's no contest. I don't know the line but I bet it is at least double digits in favor of Auburn.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

The_Iceman

No it's not. They are coming off a loss and Gus will be highly motivated. We lose by 20+.

Danny J

Yep...IF we keep the same o line, aggressive D and keep playing Kelley. I think 6 is doable and I think Auburn game will be close.

If we revert back to the same game plan we were using prior to Bama we will win 5 at most.

I swear folks it wouldn't surprise me AT ALL to see us go back to our previous O line lineups, passive bend but don't break and Allen starting. I would actually give at least 2 of those things more than a 75% chance of happening

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on October 16, 2017, 10:03:11 am
St. Gus would like nothing better than to embarrass us big time.  We're not going to win at Ole Miss....Mississippi St can be tough....LSU has found a defense and an offensive line and even Missouri looks better than they did at the start of the season. 

Coastal Carolina....that's it.
I agree. I never thought this team was better than 6-6, as I predicted on Hogville before the season. Turns out I was wrong by 2 wins, probably 3.

CC will be a win. I don't see any way to beat Auburn, Ole Miss, LSU or Miss St given how each of those teams has played so far this season. And even if we are equal to Mizzou, why would this weak-willed and mentally fragile team be "up" for the last game when they are 3-8 overall and 0-7 in SEC? Answer is, it's not possible. They'll lose to Mizzou, finish 0-8 in SEC as the worst team of all SEC programs, and Bielema, the architect of all of this, will have come full circle from the 0-8 he posted in his first year. Remember the record SEC losing streak over his first 2 seasons? 

Result will be that Bielema will be fired on Saturday, Nov. 25th. You know it, I know it, and the U of A admin and BOT know it. Unless Bielema's agent really earns his pay, there will be no resigning with Bert taking another job. It will be a straight up "it did not work out and we wish him well" kind of parting.

hogcard1964

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 16, 2017, 10:06:10 am
I wish it was true, but it is not and you know it. Neither this game nor the LSU game is winnable. It won't be 56-3 again but if we play Auburn to less than 20 points, I'll be shocked. They are better in every phase and position. Literally. Their team speed is far about that of the Hogs'. Compare our lines to theirs, our skill position players to theirs. Our def backs to theirs. Our LB's to theirs. It's no contest. I don't know the line but I bet it is at least double digits in favor of Auburn.

I think it could look like this

Auburn - loss (albeit close)
Ole Miss - Win
CC - Win
LSU - Loss
Miss St. - Win
Missouri- Win

that gets us to 6.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 16, 2017, 10:02:47 am
Lol, every Monday after a humiliating defeat we say the same things!! 

We Hog fans just keep getting up just to be punched in the mouth again and again!

Did you watch Auburn Saturday?

They're not the world beaters they were advertised as.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 16, 2017, 10:13:50 am

Neither was USCe!!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 16, 2017, 10:12:41 am

Ole Miss - Win
CC - Win
LSU - Loss
Miss St. - Win
Missouri- Win

that gets us to 6.
Ok. Have you watched Ole Miss or Miss St play a full game? Neither are Arkansas bad. Ole Miss will light us up...their QB is very, very good. And both teams play with a lot more heart than Arkansas. That means a ton. Is it possible to beat either of them? Yes. Is it likely for this Arkansas team to do so? Not likely at all. Again, if Hogs lose to all as I believe they will, it is very improbable they suddenly win vs Mizzou. When a team has weak character, and that is what I see with this team over past 2 years, it is difficult to win any game.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 16, 2017, 09:41:06 am
You posted this at 9:39am...you need to seek professional help.
At 9:39 am my work day is almost halfway over
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 16, 2017, 10:16:08 am
Ok. Have you watched Ole Miss or Miss St play a full game? Neither are Arkansas bad. Ole Miss will light us up...their QB is very, very good. And both teams play with a lot more heart than Arkansas. That means a ton. Is it possible to beat either of them? Yes. Is it likely for this Arkansas team to do so? Not likely at all. Again, if Hogs lose to all as I believe they will, it is very improbable they suddenly win vs Mizzou. When a team has weak character, and that is what I see with this team over past 2 years, it is difficult to win any game.
All the teams you mentioned play defense just like us if not worse. Those games will come down to who can score the most points

Mr Jade

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 16, 2017, 10:13:50 am

World Beaters or not, they are simply better than South Carolina. We are not. The only questions that remain are:
1. Are we better than Ole Miss?
2. Are we better than Mizzou?

LSU is better than SC, Auburn is better than SC, Miss St. is better than SC.

Even by being better than Ole Miss and Mizzou, Bielema will find a way to lose one or both games. 4-8.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

iamdent

Quote from: rljjr on October 16, 2017, 09:50:53 am
Love the attitude and there's no reason you can't be proven right. The schedule is now more manageable. It might not work out how you hope, but it's at least better than wallowing in self pity and seething in anger. Kudos for a positive post! It's time to rally around the players and support them, regardless of every other distraction.

This, Amen!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 16, 2017, 10:21:32 am
All the teams you mentioned play defense just like us if not worse. Those games will come down to who can score the most points
All of those teams have better O lines and better skill position players on offense than does Arkansas. If it comes down to which team can and will score most points without getting in redzone and coming away with nada, it will not be Arkansas that comes out on top.

I am arguing with facts. You all are arguing with hope and optimism and possibility. You have seen what that has gotten Arkansas this year and last. Match up each of the 22 positions and kickers with opponents'. Match up areas like O line, D line, def backs, etc. Arkansas comes out on the bottom with all of our remaining opponents save Mizzou.

SemperFi

I remember when I had hope for a great season, but now I just wanna forget.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Kneph13

There is no Political Correctness in war

Hoggish1

Why not?

I've seen weirder things—like the first six games of this season, for example.  It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see us go 6-0 with a bowl win.

Auburn will be the big hump to get over but we owe them big time!

3kgthog

LSU had the athletes to slow Auburn down on offense. That helped keep the LSU defense somewhat fresh for the home stretch. The Hog offense and defense work against each other because the offense can't (and won't) stay on the field long enough to give the D a breather. Add in the HUNH and our defenders are going to be out of gas mid-way through the 3rd quarter. That's when the floodgates will open up and emotion won't be able to save us.

Marshfieldhog

We went 2-4 the first half
I bet we go 3-3 the back half.

5-7 will be the total. CBB will move on and we can start over and have some hope again.

LRrazorback

Now let me here the whistle!

HognotinMemphis

Friends, Auburn is 5-2 and 3-1 in SEC with the only SEC loss AT LSU in a very close game, by 4 points. Auburn's only other loss is to Clemson by score of 14-6. They pounded Missouri, Miss St and Ole Miss, scoring 51, 49 and 44 points respectively.  In other words, they don't lose to mediocre to bad teams. Not only do they not lose to them, they punish them.

Arkansas is 2-4 and 0-3 in SEC. In their 3 SEC games, the Hogs have given up 50, 48 and 41 points.

Auburn, after losing AT LSU on Saturday, will be hungry to show off their skills. Auburn has the dog in them while Ark has a domesticated Persian long-haired pussycat in them.

This is going to be at least a 20 point win for Auburn and yet another Bielema classic where Arkansas scored very little to zero in 2nd half.

The above is not what I hope for. It is based on facts and stats. It doesn't matter at this point because Bielema is already gone.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 16, 2017, 10:23:05 am
All of those teams have better O lines and better skill position players on offense than does Arkansas. If it comes down to which team can and will score most points without getting in redzone and coming away with nada, it will not be Arkansas that comes out on top.

I am arguing with facts. You all are arguing with hope and optimism and possibility. You have seen what that has gotten Arkansas this year and last. Match up each of the 22 positions and kickers with opponents'. Match up areas like O line, D line, def backs, etc. Arkansas comes out on the bottom with all of our remaining opponents save Mizzou.
That's the case almost every year. Never stopped us from winning before now

BDSCT51

9 wins? I think someone needs a random drug test today................................
Bleeding Razorback Red

Heardo

Auburn at home will be tough.  Probably an L.

Ole Miss is a win, especially with them banged up after playing LSU the week before.

CC - Win

LSU - Could be a win after they play at AL. the week before.

Ms. St. - Win. They also play AL. the week before us and this is at home.

Missouri - Win. Pay back game at home.

Finish 7-5 and headed to a bowl.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 16, 2017, 11:08:56 am
Friends, Auburn is 5-2 and 3-1 in SEC with the only SEC loss AT LSU in a very close game, by 4 points. Auburn's only other loss is to Clemson by score of 14-6. They pounded Missouri, Miss St and Ole Miss, scoring 51, 49 and 44 points respectively.  In other words, they don't lose to mediocre to bad teams. Not only do they not lose to them, they punish them.

Arkansas is 2-4 and 0-3 in SEC. In their 3 SEC games, the Hogs have given up 50, 48 and 41 points.

Auburn, after losing AT LSU on Saturday, will be hungry to show off their skills. Auburn has the dog in them while Ark has a domesticated Persian long-haired pussycat in them.

This is going to be at least a 20 point win for Auburn and yet another Bielema classic where Arkansas scored very little to zero in 2nd half.

The above is not what I hope for. It is based on facts and stats. It doesn't matter at this point because Bielema is already gone.

We very well may lose, but I disagree that Auburn is a good team.  They are a team with a lot of talent that has not been able to put it all together.

DoctorSusscrofa

If we stick with the changes and we get decent improvement with stability we might win some games. Some teams have looked vulnerable, but unfortunately some of the same teams that have looked vulnerable in one or two games have also looked pretty good in one or two games.  We haven't looked really good in any game.  We've looked ok against our two weak opponents and Texas A&M.  But not good. We looked semi competent against Bama (which IS a good thing). For the other games we've looked less than competent.

Ole Miss, Miss St, Mizzou, LSU and Auburn have all had at least one game they looked better than we've looked all year.  Even though Mizzou only looked better on offense, not defense. We have to improve pretty drastically to start winning games and Auburn is not a good opponent this year for us to do that. I think  CK has to still be healthy and the starter for Ole Miss before winning becomes possible or potentially likely. If he gets beat up in the Auburn game or AA comes back to start for OM we are dead in the water. If the OL makes real progress this week, Kelly stays healthy and optimistic, and the defense has a good next two weeks for some reason, then we might have a better 2nd half. But I'm not counting on it.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

elksnort

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 16, 2017, 10:06:10 am
-13 Auburn

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on October 16, 2017, 11:29:18 am
We very well may lose, but I disagree that Auburn is a good team.  They are a team with a lot of talent that has not been able to put it all together.
I am not saying Auburn is top 10. But they are clearly top 25. Arkansas is not top 75. How do you see Auburn is NOT a good team? They are a very good team. Barely lost AT Clemson in 2nd game of year and had a 20-0 lead AT LSU that they gave away on a punt return. Get back to me after Auburn beats Ark by a score of around 48-17 and tell me Auburn is not putting it all together yet.

Again, I'm not coming at this from any angle, I am looking at it based solely on stats and results.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Heardo on October 16, 2017, 11:16:15 am
Auburn at home will be tough.  Probably an L. Almost guranteed   

Ole Miss is a win, especially with them banged up after playing LSU the week before. Bad loss in Oxford.   

CC - Win

LSU - Could be a win after they play at AL. the week before.  Even worse loss than at Oxford in Death Valley

Ms. St. - Win. They also play AL. the week before us and this is at home.   Possible at home but they are better than us.

Missouri - Win. Pay back game at home. Other than Coastal Carolina our only chance of a win on senior day but not guranteed

Finish 3-8 or 4-7 and headed to the toilet bowl.

Delusional. You must have taken some of Ward's dope. He is at least on the wagon now. You need some serious drug rehab.

elksnort

In spite of getting beat 41-9, I did see some improvements with the team. I am not sure why the staff did not have the offensive line unit like they had the other night, starting from the beginning. Kelley appears to be a baller. The defense needs not to be on the field too much. To do this, the running game as got to produce more. It will help Kelley pass and also keep the defense off the field.

Again, like I said in the preseason and last year and so on, when our line can run block well enough, it gives the team a chance to compete against any team.

Auburn pulled a Bielema the other day. They looked like world beaters in the 1st half, then what happened?

We will have to play our very best game (like against Florida last year) to have a chance to beat Auburn this Saturday.

The line opened up Auburn -13.

Dark Helmet Hog

This team is more likely to finish with 3 wins.

Quickdraw

I'm still reserved. My question is he's been making the same decisions for the last five years, what makes anyone think he will be making better decisions now?

smb

How many times do we have to keep on starting the season midway thru each season?
GeorgiaHOG

Oklahawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 16, 2017, 10:12:41 am

Ole Miss - Win
CC - Win
LSU - Loss
Miss St. - Win
Missouri- Win

that gets us to 6.

The fan who posted this in the off-season, and also called A&M and TCU toss-ups, saw this much better than most. The Vegas number crunchers had it at 6-7 wins and that is usually pretty reliable.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 16, 2017, 11:35:56 am
I am not saying Auburn is top 10. But they are clearly top 25. Arkansas is not top 75. How do you see Auburn is NOT a good team? They are a very good team. Barely lost AT Clemson in 2nd game of year and had a 20-0 lead AT LSU that they gave away on a punt return. Get back to me after Auburn beats Ark by a score of around 48-17 and tell me Auburn is not putting it all together yet.

Again, I'm not coming at this from any angle, I am looking at it based solely on stats and results.

Auburn beating Arkansas is not proof that they are a good team.  It's likely that they will beat us, but they just lost to a terrible LSU team.  Clemson is not as good as they were last year.  Mizzou is horrible, Ole Miss is in disarray  Mississippi State looks like their best win and they are not exactly setting the world on fire.  I think they have a lot of talent, but they are very inconsistent.  Perhaps "good" is fair.  I think they are an average football team that can reach the level of "good" if everything goes just right and they catch some breaks.     

Oklahawg

What kills me:

1. not posting on HV until something bad happens, and then showing up to gloat about it or say "I told ya' so"
2. arguing in the summer that we were no better than a 6-win team, then when we are on track to (maybe) meet those expectations suddenly that poster revises things and says we are underachieving
3. posting contradictory reasons why we are not meeting expectations, and not caring about the contradictions (ie, you can't have it both ways)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HoggyCat

Is this the "wait till next week" thread?
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.