Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most Hated Opposing Player

Started by NoogaHog, March 31, 2017, 09:57:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: HawgWild on April 07, 2017, 03:34:08 pm
Baxter wasn't white but he was from LA.

He was an "actor" in one of my favorite Razorback "hustle" plays. It was the 1979 SWC tournament Final which we won 39 to 38. A Razorback shot caroms off the rim towards the sideline. Baxter doesn't go after it and instead uses his position to allow the ball to go out of bounds where it would be possession Texas. US Reed was having none of that. He ran around Baxter and got the ball before it went out of bounds. I've never seen a game where every possession meant so much and US had more hustle than Baxter.

Maybe you're right.
Seems like his name was Robey or something like that.
Couldn't stand the guy.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

fieldturf

Quote from: TushCrush on April 06, 2017, 06:25:57 pm
Bullock played the heel to the max. And he could ball.
Two more who were despised a few years later were Rinn Wright and Vernon Smith from TAMU. Big Rudy Woods was on that team too. They could all ball but played the heel. I would put Vernon Smith Top 10 Most Hated Ever.  Fieldturf ... did you happen to be at Barnhill the night that Sidney Moncrief punched out Rinn Wright?

No but saw a clip on the 10 pm news, but remember Abe Lemons coming after Darrell Walker in the Drum down in Austin on a Wednesday night game. Eddie came out on the floor got between them, but there was a Texas player that was trying to entice Walker but don't recall his name. 

Junkyard Hog

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 07, 2017, 03:17:12 pm
Don't remember the name.
Played for UT during our SWC days.
White punk.  Probably guard.

Was always pulling low blow stuff and usually getting away with it.
Played with Lasalle Thompson I believe, and in one game Darrel Walker punched the guy.

I was very young then and don't remember his name, but I got livid just seeing his ignorant face.

EDIT:
Baxter is his name from reading up.  Wow, he must have been a dbag for this many people to remember him this many years later.

you're probably thinking of Jim Krivacs.  he was a guard, white, on those Texas teams during the Triplets era.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

NWAHog479