Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No struggle no progress

Started by twistitup, March 10, 2017, 08:06:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tusksincolorado

Quote from: woodhog14 on March 12, 2017, 05:42:20 pm
Well, you quoted the comment about changing defenses and it being smoke and mirrors and gave that quote a +1000. So what were you referring to then?

He has a history of complaining then "crawfishing" when someone with credible source calls him out on his garage...BTW, thank you FOTH.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 12, 2017, 11:57:56 am
Smoke and mirrors in regards to what?  I merely repeated what everyone is already aware of.  The Hog's lack of success will be defended or excused in the coming years for all types of reasons.

Getting real tired of your BS. Like most everyone else.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

go hogues

The Hogs may very well be better in 2017 but the fact remains that we just don't have the same talent on our sidelines that the other teams in this conference have.
Until many on here can understand this, we'll see  the same sky high off-season projections and the same calls for Bielema's head after we lose to Bama in midseason. Neither is rational.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on March 12, 2017, 09:47:29 pm
Getting real tired of your BS. Like most everyone else.

That's not BS. Wait until week 8 or 9 and you'll realize it

...again

twistitup

Quote from: go hogues on March 12, 2017, 10:25:43 pm
The Hogs may very well be better in 2017 but the fact remains that we just don't have the same talent on our sidelines that the other teams in this conference have.
Until many on here can understand this, we'll see  the same sky high off-season projections and the same calls for Bielema's head after we lose to Bama in midseason. Neither is rational.

CBB came to win the SEC- I'm supporting that plan until we do or CBB is no longer here.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hogcard1964

Quote from: twistitup on March 13, 2017, 08:05:34 am
CBB came to win the SEC- I'm supporting that plan until we do or CBB is no longer here.

CBB is here regardless of what he does.

twistitup

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 13, 2017, 08:07:19 am
CBB is here regardless of what he does.
You don't even believe that

hogcard1964

Quote from: twistitup on March 13, 2017, 08:08:49 am
You don't even believe that

Yes, he could take another step back, go 5-7 this year and there's 11 million reasons why he'll be back in 2018.

I don't think he will, but he's our coach for as long as he chooses to be.  That's just a fact.

twistitup

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 13, 2017, 08:14:06 am
he's our coach for as long as he chooses to be.  That's just a fact.

Not a fact

hogcard1964

Quote from: twistitup on March 13, 2017, 10:41:45 am
Not a fact

Unless he purchases a motorcycle, and starts giving out rides to hot blondes (other than Jen) he's here to stay.

twistitup

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 13, 2017, 11:38:59 am
Unless he purchases a motorcycle, and starts giving out rides to hot blondes (other than Jen) he's here to stay.

.....no coach is anywhere to stay, the days of staying long term are gone unless you have earned legend status like Saban

gchamblee

Watching 2 trolls argue with each other is fun

hogcard1964

Quote from: gchamblee on March 13, 2017, 01:13:52 pm

Nobody's arguing kid.  It's possible to discuss matters without name calling.

twistitup

It's a discussion, you appear to be the troll

SRV

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on March 11, 2017, 07:00:37 am
I always find it interesting that people sit in front of their computers in the middle of March and declare that anything less than 10 wins means that the coaching staff is incompetent and/or the players aren't doing the right off season program and Herbert doesn't know what he's doing.  Everyone wants success. Everyone was unhappy with the way the last two games of 2016 went.  But you have to take a long look at who Arkansas is and what is the baseline on which you base your expectations.  I have said many times that I believe that Arkansas is a program that should expect 8-9 wins per year.  Anything else is a major disappointment.   2016 was a disappointment.  An 8-9 win program can have a breakdown or two and finish with 6-7 wins.  A major disappointment.  When you get the breaks, that can be 10-11 wins.  It is all very fluid. 

So what is Arkansas' history.  Since joining the SEC in 1992, Arkansas has won 9 or more games 6 times.  That includes 10 wins in 2006 and 2010, as well as 11 wins in 2011.  So in 25 years, Arkansas has double digit wins 3 times.  Despite that fact, people think that should be the expectation every year.  I will agree, the team should plan and practice to go out and win every game.  I know for a fact that they do that.  The reality of the situation is simply that life in the SEC is hard.  Anyone who allows them self to be miserable because Arkansas doesn't win 10 games every year is going to have a depressing life. 

I'm a fan.  Always have been and always will be.  I like most, believe that the final record is what people remember after each season.  But I believe that it's more than that.  Did players give their best and prepare in every way they could to succeed?  If the players take the game plan, follow " The Edges" that are the doctrine of the program, and stay mentally focused on the plan, they will have a chance to win every game they play.  Last season, the plan was not always sound.  Players were asked to do things that they weren't physically able to do.  That's Minnesota's problem now.  Arkansas won 7 games last year and lost 5.  Alabama was better, but giving up 49 is not acceptable.  LSU has amazing athletes, but not 38-10 better athletes.  Those two loses bother me, but don't eat at me.  Texas A&M, Auburn, Missouri, and Virginia Tech on the other hand were total breakdowns.  I feel the A&M loss was more poor defensive scheme.  Auburn was poor scheme as well, but there was a mental breakdown in that game as well.  Missouri and Virginia Tech were without doubt a lack of mental toughness.  I was on the 6th row behind the bench in Charlotte and could hear the coaches in the player's ears.  "Stick to the plan", "they are making the adjustments we talked about", and so on.  I know that we don't bash players here, but since I raised one of them I feel like I have a little leeway.  The players allowed the situation to overwhelm them in the last two losses.  That cannot happen.

The off season workouts have an added element this spring.  There are more fast paced, perform under pressure when fatigued competitions.  The mat drills they do every Tuesday have been tough.  My son has told me that the Tuesday workouts were in his opinion and the opinion of his teammates, "the hardest thing I've physically ever done".  Being a father and a fan my reply was, "Good! Watching Auburn, A&M, Mizzou, and VT was one of the hardest things your fan base has ever done." 

We as fans were upset with last year, but we aren't the team.   It was their pride that was hurt.  I took my sons to the Chiefs/Steelers playoff game in KC on January 15th.  We were in a restaurant and my younger son and I were wearing Razorback jackets.  A guy waiting for a table that was from Pittsburgh saw the jacket and asked about what happened at the bowl game.  I told him to wait a minute.  My son got back from the bathroom and I told him the man had a question for him.  I told the guy "this young man could answer the question better than I could, he's a Razorback player."  I did that for two reasons.  One was to see the look on the guys face.  It was priceless by the way.  The other was to show my son how people all over the country are watching.  He and his friends need to know how everything they do is watched.  Take pride in things you do right and face the critics when you don't live up to expectations.  It's part of becoming an adult.  I don't know how many games they will win this fall.  But I do know this.  They are working hard.  They have a head coach that they all believe in. An OC and offensive assistants that they respect.  A DC that they would run through a brick wall for and new assistants that have a great understanding of the new defense.  Another point my son pointed out is that you can tell every player on the roster is a Bielema recruit.  Everyone is on the same page. No one is late to workouts or meetings.  The focus is better.

As much as the fans pride took a hit, the hit the players and coaches took was much greater.  They realize that.  The team has gotten off the floor and gone back to work.  I have no idea how many games they will win this fall.  But I think we will see a new team this fall with a strong point to make to the fan base, the SEC and the country.  That's why I'd hate to Florida A&M on Thursday, August 31st.

Well done sir. Excellent
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

Al Boarland

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 13, 2017, 08:14:06 am
Yes, he could take another step back, go 5-7 this year and there's 11 million reasons why he'll be back in 2018.

I don't think he will, but he's our coach for as long as he chooses to be.  That's just a fact.
5-7 is tough to come by with the built in wins. I just think there is a hard ceiling for CBB (or anyone else) given the talent the program can bring in. Personally, CBB isn't an out-coach you kind of guy, but if he lets his coordinators run the game day ops maybe one of them will rise to the challenge.

I do agree with the guy who's son plays. CBB seems like a good enough guy, but the program is what it is. Hard to break through to the top tier of the division. I just enjoy the wins we can get, but you won't catch me throwing up a W beside any game before it happens. Not after some of the games we have lost. And really it's not about the number of wins because, like I said, there's a hard ceiling there. But, the way we have lost does not instill confidence. I see a bunch of changes to a guy that said you don't flinch. That doesn't mean they will or won't work. Could really go either way. I just look at talent. We don't stack up just about half the Saturdays we play. Until we do I won't let my expectations creep up.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Al Boarland on March 13, 2017, 03:40:06 pm
5-7 is tough to come by with the built in wins. I just think there is a hard ceiling for CBB (or anyone else) given the talent the program can bring in. Personally, CBB isn't an out-coach you kind of guy, but if he lets his coordinators run the game day ops maybe one of them will rise to the challenge.

I do agree with the guy who's son plays. CBB seems like a good enough guy, but the program is what it is. Hard to break through to the top tier of the division. I just enjoy the wins we can get, but you won't catch me throwing up a W beside any game before it happens. Not after some of the games we have lost. And really it's not about the number of wins because, like I said, there's a hard ceiling there. But, the way we have lost does not instill confidence. I see a bunch of changes to a guy that said you don't flinch. That doesn't mean they will or won't work. Could really go either way. I just look at talent. We don't stack up just about half the Saturdays we play. Until we do I won't let my expectations creep up.

+1000

And to be perfectly honest about it, he'll never really have to break into the 9-10 win area.  If he merely stays in the 6-8, bottom half of the SEC range, he still has security.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: twistitup on March 13, 2017, 08:05:34 am
Most unbiased, agenda-free and logical thing I've read on HV in the last 5 years.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Al Boarland on March 13, 2017, 03:40:06 pm

The "hard ceiling" concept is an excellent work of fiction.

Al Boarland

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on March 14, 2017, 09:49:41 am
The "hard ceiling" concept is an excellent work of fiction.
You tell me how well the teams that have won the SEC recently have recruited.

nchogg

We also need to realize that starting with T A&M we play 10 straight games without a break. If we stay healthy we could be ok. That's one reason I won't get down if we don't win as many games as everyone wants.

Pork Twain

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 10, 2017, 03:33:28 pm
He's not taking a step back or making a lateral move.  There's zero chance of Petrino ever coming back here.
Three things that are sure bets with BP, losing a couple of games every year (regardless of talent level), causing lots of drama and recruiting for crap over the long-run.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

We must develop some second teamers that doesn't scare the hell out of us all including the coaches when needed.  When you are afraid to play the second team QB, things are not well.  Our twos need to get game experience in the OOC games and I mean real game type experience, not just floundering along closing out a game. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: nchogg on March 15, 2017, 11:04:48 am
We also need to realize that starting with T A&M we play 10 straight games without a break. If we stay healthy we could be ok. That's one reason I won't get down if we don't win as many games as everyone wants.
I agree the schedule seems to point to 9 wins being outstanding and any more exceptional! Is what it is, price of trying to be the best of the best IMO.

twistitup

Quote from: 12247 on March 15, 2017, 09:13:35 pm
We must develop some second teamers that doesn't scare the hell out of us all including the coaches when needed.  When you are afraid to play the second team QB, things are not well.  Our twos need to get game experience in the OOC games and I mean real game type experience, not just floundering along closing out a game.

I agree. Having quality depth is key...especially in the 4th qtr - finishing out close games is one of our issues.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 13, 2017, 11:38:59 am

Not unless he doesn't win enough to please certain people. You're not one of those people.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogcard1964

Quote from: woodhog14 on March 12, 2017, 05:42:20 pm
Well, you quoted the comment about changing defenses and it being smoke and mirrors and gave that quote a +1000. So what were you referring to then?

Once again, I was simply repeating that the future struggles will be based on several factors.  One of them will be the excuse of us changing defensive schemes.

Pork Twain

Agreed and since two of us agree it is obviously a fact.

twistitup

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 17, 2017, 11:08:58 am
Agreed and since two of us agree it is obviously a fact.

Beautiful....two trolls in agreement

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Pork Twain

Quote from: twistitup on March 17, 2017, 12:17:06 pm
Beautiful....two trolls in agreement
No, you guys are arguing...or are you saying that secretly you guys agree?

hogcard1964

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 17, 2017, 01:00:29 pm
No, you guys are arguing...or are you saying that secretly you guys agree?

What if we agreed to disagree about agreeing?  Or just disagreed about being in total agreement?  Oh dear, I've gone cross-eyed.

Wmhog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 10, 2017, 03:30:49 pm
You guys can leave now. I'll email you when Bobby comes back.

They seem to forget the defensive pity party that CBB was having prior to running that bike into the ditch. A bunch of calling for understanding was going on, or a bunch of excuse making here. Don't get me wrong, I loved CBB, I just can't help but see people continuing the same arguments for and against regime change endlessly as foolish. Every coach gets the same calendar here, and all are accosted equally, but the guys bashing and carrying water trade sides. They do always seem to constantly be against each other though...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RazorbackAlways