Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins

Started by CopenHogen, March 06, 2017, 02:14:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Good job Alex.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Vantage 8 dude

Young man continues to be a great credit to both his family and the U of A. Classy all the way!!

PorkRinds

Atta boy AC. One of my all time favorite hogs.

CrookedSquealliry

Great dude.

I take back what i said about him not being fast enough.

longpig

Outstanding!  The kid isn't exactly making the big bucks yet and he's giving back.
Don't be scared, be smart.

HogShat

A friend of mine was up there and their baseball tournament got rained out. Stopped by Academy and ran into AC. He posed with his boys for a couple pics and signed a couple autographs for them. Great Razorback Ambassador.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

247Hog

Thank you so much Alex for representing our State with such class.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Paul

one of the best Hogs ever!

Cmheinley

Saw that article earlier. A fantastic representative for Arkansas!

The Boar War

rricha

I was over visiting my old stomping grounds Quigley Cox Stadium and there was a Football Camp going I asked one of the parents who was giving the camp and he pointed at Alex Collins as he ran across the field.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: rricha on March 07, 2017, 09:39:32 am
I was over visiting my old stomping grounds Quigley Cox Stadium and there was a Football Camp going I asked one of the parents who was giving the camp and he pointed at Alex Collins as he ran across the field.

That says a lot to me because Alex doesn't really have a connection to Little Rock, yet he goes there to hold a football camp.  Tells me he really loves this state.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

The OTR

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

nchogg

Gotta Love Him. Alex you make me proud. Thank You. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

1highhog

That's great what he was doing in Little Rock.  So much D-1 talent there and it's going to waste because of parenting and kids just out walking the street.  I know a lot of the kids have just turned to basketball, but there's still football talent there, it just isn't seeing the fields, or I should rephrase that, there is potential there, like it used to be, but kids are not playing football anymore.  You could have at one time drove through the inner city and if there was and empty lot, you could see young kids playing football, but no more.

TexHog188

Something those kids will never forget.  WTG Mr Collins.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

LSUFan

Always awesome when one who is so richly blessed turns around and shares it  like this.

God Job AC, Good Job!
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

bennyl08

Quote from: LSUFan on March 20, 2017, 08:31:01 pm
Always awesome when one who is so richly blessed turns around and shares it  like this.

God Job AC, Good Job!

Kid isn't blessed, he's worked hard and earned what he has gotten. He's on the better tier of genetics as far as football is concerned, but I bet you there are a million people in the US that have the same genetic potential but either don't live up to it the way Collins has.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bob slydell

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 20, 2017, 09:16:07 pm
Kid isn't blessed, he's worked hard and earned what he has gotten. He's on the better tier of genetics as far as football is concerned, but I bet you there are a million people in the US that have the same genetic potential but either don't live up to it the way Collins has.

Being blessed doesn't mean that everything comes easy for you in life.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

LZH

Quote from: 1highhog on March 20, 2017, 06:09:27 pm
That's great what he was doing in Little Rock.  So much D-1 talent there and it's going to waste because of parenting and kids just out walking the street.  I know a lot of the kids have just turned to basketball, but there's still football talent there, it just isn't seeing the fields, or I should rephrase that, there is potential there, like it used to be, but kids are not playing football anymore.  You could have at one time drove through the inner city and if there was and empty lot, you could see young kids playing football, but no more.

Camps by well liked, high profile ex-Hogs like him could sure help football in LR. Football in the LRSD has been decimated...maybe a few kids who would have passed on going out for football may look at it differently if a camp like this can stick.

Little Lady Back

Way to represent, Alex! Such a good guy.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

PorkRinds

I'm pretty sure you could argue semantics with a brick wall. Kid has been blessed. He's also worked really hard.

hogcard1964

We're all blessed.

Shorttimer

Blessed and lucky are not synonyms.

1highhog

Quote from: LZH on March 21, 2017, 08:17:45 am
Camps by well liked, high profile ex-Hogs like him could sure help football in LR. Football in the LRSD has been decimated...maybe a few kids who would have passed on going out for football may look at it differently if a camp like this can stick.

Let's hope so.  I sure wish a bunch of former players could all get together at the same time and do these camps in Little Rock and other areas in the State and reach out to these young kids.  Alex doing this is a great start.

The NewEra

Quote from: 1highhog on March 21, 2017, 11:22:39 am
Let's hope so.  I sure wish a bunch of former players could all get together at the same time and do these camps in Little Rock and other areas in the State and reach out to these young kids.  Alex doing this is a great start.

It would be great to see Collins, Henry, Flowers, JWill, DMac, Mallett, Swanson and some others host some camps in the state.  That would mean a lot to the youngsters in this state.

goodguytex

Quote from: The NewEra on March 21, 2017, 02:11:43 pm
It would be great to see Collins, Henry, Flowers, JWill, DMac, Mallett, Swanson and some others host some camps in the state.  That would mean a lot to the youngsters in this state.
Great going AC!!

Iwastherein1969

I hate to admit this but when HS football talent in Central Arkansas dries up, so does the win column with the Gridiron Hogs. Anything to get central Arkansas football going again. NW Arkansas football just cannot fill the talent needs of a top shelf D-1 institution. We absolutely need some of the tough inner city kids of Little Rock who want to play football for the Hogs again. And this is a start, thanks Alex.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

PorkRinds

I wonder if coach B had any input as to where AC put on his camp. Can't hurt doing anything possible to beef up football in that part of the state.

DLUXHOG

God bless Alex and other alumni representing the great state of Arkansas with such excellence. Much success in the future to this young man.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

robs4516

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 21, 2017, 09:18:49 am
We're all blessed.

Speak for yourself, I live in Oklahoma.
First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

hogcard1964

Quote from: robs4516 on March 22, 2017, 11:15:52 am
Speak for yourself, I live in Oklahoma.

LOL

How far are you from Mena?   ;)

Hog 48

Hats off to you, Mr. Collins

robs4516

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 22, 2017, 11:33:46 am
LOL

How far are you from Mena?   ;)

I live in OKC, but my family is from Mena, and my father still lives there.
First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: rricha on March 07, 2017, 09:39:32 am

Kind of a creepy move by your friend.  ;)