Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who To Root For In The Superbowl

Started by 40YrHogFan, January 31, 2013, 05:23:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

40YrHogFan

I rarely watch pro sports so I'm trying to decide who to root for - Ravens or 49'ers.

Does either team have a former Razorback playing?

Any thoughts?

idochog

You don't root for the murderers team
I love Jesus!

Uncommon

Quote from: 40YrHogFan on January 31, 2013, 05:23:03 pm
I rarely watch pro sports so I'm trying to decide who to root for - Ravens or 49'ers.

Any thoughts?
The only Arkansas Razorback playing in the Super Bowl is Baltimore Ravens G Bobbie Williams.  I'm pulling for the Ravens but not because of that.

ZERO

I'm going for the 49ers, though I think the Ravens will win.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

3kgthog

I can't cheer for an accessory to murder. Go Niners.

Root66

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 31, 2013, 05:58:43 pm
I can't cheer for an accessory to murder. Go Niners.

Me either. Somebody give that idiot a concussive hit to the brain.

HogFanDan

49ers owner John York graduated from Catholic High in Little Rock so pull for San Francisco.

PennHOG

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HogFanDan on January 31, 2013, 07:03:26 pm
49ers owner John York graduated from Catholic High in Little Rock so pull for San Francisco.

I didn't know that so I googled his name. He has also donated to the UA Med school and to Catholic High School. Nice.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

tiber

I knew I liked him. 

HogFanDan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2013, 07:26:20 pm
I didn't know that so I googled his name. He has also donated to the UA Med school and to Catholic High School. Nice.

I graduated from there in 2000 and he donated our beautiful chemistry building about a little over 12 years ago.

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Root66

Quote from: tiber on January 31, 2013, 07:29:24 pm
I knew I liked him.

Rams were one win and one tie against the niners this season...so I'm for my division brethren.

BatesvilleHOG

I'm cheering for the Ravens. Ray Lewis is one of the most inspirational human beings alive. Sure he has been in some serious trouble, but being able to stare all of the opposition in the face and turn out to be as successful as he has and give all the credit to Christ in the end is outstanding. Takes a very special person to do that.

LSUFan

After seeing the movie "The Blind Side" I'm pulling for Michael Orr
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Grag T

I'm not even watching the game.  I didn't watch either team play a single game all season, I sure have no desire to watch them play each other.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Oliver

Niners fan.  But think the Ravens will win

ChicoHog

Living in NoCal I root for the Niners and have since the Montana days.  Not a big fan but I still like them more than most any other team.  I grew up a Rams and Jets fan but that was when the Rams were in LA and the Jets had Joe Namath.  Much has changed since then. 

Breems

I'm pulling for the commercials.

But they suck as of late, so I might watch the game this year instead and hope someone botches the National Anthem.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

cmpledger

49ers even tho two of their best players went to Mizzou

Murr

49ers.

I do want to see what Baltimore can do to slow down the piston offense.  Kapernick has been fantastic in the playoffs.  His running and passing (short, intermediate and long) has been unreal.  The only way I see the 9ers losing this one is if Kapernick has a bad day throwing and the ravens concentrate on shutting down the run.

Murr

Quote from: PennHOG on January 31, 2013, 07:22:39 pm
The puppies. 

I miss the Bud Bowl and the Beavis and Butthead halftime specials

kc_hawg

Agreed, plus Jim Harbaugh won me over with his comments putting the concussion police in their place.

HognVA

Wow, I never knew that. It is really amazing how many prominent people have ties back to little old Arkansas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_York

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

M L (bassplayer)

mbonner

I guess I'll cheer for Coach Harbaughs team.  ;)

superior_wang

9ers. Bay area kicks much a$$. ...and as an added bonus for those who care... more Asian babes than anywhere this side of Tokyo / Beijing / and Saigon . Praise Jesus.

ChicoHog

Quote from: superior_wang on February 01, 2013, 08:51:27 am
9ers. Bay area kicks much a$$. ...and as an added bonus for those who care... more Asian babes than anywhere this side of Tokyo / Beijing / and Saigon . Praise Jesus.
Don't forget any UC campus.  they are all loaded with Asians.  That's one of the many reasons why their games don't have the passionate fan base.  too many people not from the US and/or don't care a bit about sports. 

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: LSUFan on January 31, 2013, 09:46:21 pm
After seeing the movie "The Blind Side" I'm pulling for Michael Orr

I'm pulling for Sandra Bullock.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

bennyl08

I like both teams but I'm pulling for the Ravens, though I would bet on the 49'ers.

Not sure how anybody could dislike both of these teams. I can understand apathy, but to dislike either team? The Harbaughs have the highest combination of class and skill as coaches (there may be a small handful of classier coaches, but not many and none of them are better, Bellechik is the by and far the best coach, but he cheats and is far from classy.) People still on the Ray Lewis is a murderer bandwagon are silly IMO.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

oldbear

I pay very little attention to pro football these days. I really don't have a favorite team. I have gotten to where I can watch the super bowl and not cheer for wither team and thoroughly enjoy it anyway. I just enjoy the game and the process whether it is a blowout or not. Neither of these two teams are personal favorites but I will watch the game and enjoy it nonetheless.

MuskogeeHogFan

All sociological discussions aside, this appears to be a pretty even game and may actually be a very entertaining Superbowl.

I thought that perhaps the unpredictable nature of SF's offense with Kaepernick being able to scramble for bonus yards, coupled with a good defense, might spell the Raven's demise. But upon further study, I'm not so sure.

This game could go either way but if SF should win, I don't think that they cover the -4 point spread.

In any case, let's hope for a game that isn't marred by turnovers and over with by the end of the first half.
Go Hogs Go!

elksnort

Interesting information regarding Niners' owner.

I'm just hoping for a good game. Love to see a Rams-Titans type finish.

cardinalandwhite

I'd imagine Flacco is motivated since Lewis will probably stab him if he loses the game for them.  That said, I think the 49ers take it.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

mellonhead

I am not looking forward to the cameras being on Lewis whether he is on the field or on the sideline and you know that's what will happen. Can't stand the sight of that man. Hope he gets hurt on the first play.

superior_wang

Quote from: mellonhead on February 03, 2013, 07:54:42 am
I am not looking forward to the cameras being on Lewis whether he is on the field or on the sideline and you know that's what will happen. Can't stand the sight of that man. Hope he gets hurt on the first play.

yeah , the whole overblown ray lewis thing is  just nauseating... yet one more reason to root for the 49ers. One bright spot might just be the fact that Brent Musberger isnt doing the game to take it to its pinnacle of ray lewis ass kissing.

secfan30

I've hated the niners since the early 90's but find it hard to root for a killer that hides behind "God"........

superior_wang

Quote from: secfan30 on February 03, 2013, 09:09:19 am
I've hated the niners since the early 90's but find it hard to root for a killer that hides behind "God"........

Jesus forgives, secfan30 doesnt  lol... j/k!

secfan30

Quote from: superior_wang on February 03, 2013, 09:16:52 am
Jesus forgives, secfan30 doesnt  lol... j/k!

Lol, funny you say that I tell my employees that all the time.

I don't care.  I rarely watch NFL football.  The Tulsa World says the lines are Niners -4 and over/under is 48.  I believe the Ravens win outright and the under wins.  I think we will see 2 defenses carry the day with the Ravens D carrying it a bit farther.  But i couldn't pick my nose so i know nothing.  Just a feeling.

longtimeHogfan

I was a niner's fan during the Joe Montana days....not so much today.  I guess I'd like to see the Ravens win it, but I don't really care.     

I'm just glad Green Bay, the Giants, New England or Atlanta aren't in this year's Super Bowl. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

BrooklynRoss

I gotta go with San Fran. I like Kaepernick and there's something about Ray Lewis that just creeps me out. It could be the PED allegations. It could be the manic episodes. It could be how he tries a little too hard to associate himself with God. Or, maybe it's the fact that he's either a murderer or a snitch.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

SamBuckhart

If this game was on during the regular season, I would not watch it. Ravens I guess. Go Cowboys! Go Colts!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

iluvmyslute89

I'll be rootin for tha niner's to cream them ravens like vaginers'

HighTide999

Quote from: 40YrHogFan on January 31, 2013, 05:23:03 pm

Any thoughts?
[/quote

Go Ravens, Upshaw (91) and Mt. Cody (62).  I am sure hog fans remember these two.

RTR

Bebop

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on January 31, 2013, 09:36:40 pm
I'm cheering for the Ravens. Ray Lewis is one of the most inspirational human beings alive. Sure he has been in some serious trouble, but being able to stare all of the opposition in the face and turn out to be as successful as he has and give all the credit to Christ in the end is outstanding. Takes a very special person to do that.

If Lewis is truly repentful, then yes, he should be forgiven. I'm going for the Ravens, but like the fact the the owner of the 49ers has roots in Arkansas.