Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Giants

Started by 2FNFST4U, December 09, 2012, 06:17:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2FNFST4U

How do you win at SF, demolish GB yet lose to the Eagles, Redskins and Bengals.  I have no doubt the Giants will win tonight and probably beat Atlanta and then lose the last game of the regular season to the Eagles.

HiggiePiggy

They are taking breaks and bengals and redskins haven't been too bad this year.  They won the Super Bowl 2 times. Both times they looked like crap until the last couple of weeks of the season.

They do enough to get to the playoffs. 

They are pretty much a team that gets up for the great teams and play down to the level of
the bad/average teams.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Hawg Balling

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on December 09, 2012, 01:50:24 pm
They are taking breaks and bengals and redskins haven't been too bad this year.  They won the Super Bowl 2 times. Both times they looked like crap until the last couple of weeks of the season.

They do enough to get to the playoffs.  For God's sake, last year's Super Bowl team went 0-2 against the Redskins and 2-0 against the Patriots.  How does that even happen?

They are pretty much a team that gets up for the great teams and play down to the level of
the bad/average teams.

This, especially the bolded part.   

The Giants are to football what the St. Louis Cardinals (the last five or six years) are to baseball -- iffy to okay regular season, get up for big games, get hot at the right time.  You want to play the Giants in September, October, and early November.  After Thanksgiving and into the playoffs, I want no part of them.  I'm already pencilling in the Giants to destroy the Falcons in the Georgia Dome in the second round. 

I have no doubt that if DeSean Jackson hadn't returned that punt for a TD in 2010, the Giants would've gone to the playoffs instead of the Packers and made a run through the NFC bracket, and I'm a Packers fan.