Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Giants - Cowboys

Started by 2FNFST4U, December 26, 2011, 11:04:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2FNFST4U

Wasn't this originally a 1pm game? Now NBC 7:30.

Hopefully the Saints win tonight because as a Giants fan I would much rather play the Lions than the Falcons in the 1st round.

Cowboys sux and will once again choke.

1dog

I'm afraid your probably right

riccoar

Fixed for you.
Quote from: 2FNFST4U on December 26, 2011, 11:04:42 am
Wasn't this originally a 1pm game? Now NBC 7:30.

Hopefully the Saints win tonight because as a Giants fan I would much rather play the Lions than the Falcons in the 1st round.

Cowboys are good but Romo will once again choke.

razorbackSAX

I'm not a Cowboys fan, but I think Romo actually gets it done this weekend.

Jamie Jones

Jerry gave Jason Garrett a vote of confidence today saying that Garrett would be back next season no matter what the outcome on Sunday. I wish someone would ask Jerry how long "his" General Manager gets a pass for winning 1...ONE...UNO...playoff game in 15 years! Really Jerry?! Your ego has killed America's Team.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

HomerHawg

Go Cowboys!!  Beat the giants!

razorbrass

Rob Ryan is the WORST defensive coordinator in the NFL.  He is making a pedestrian Giants offense look like superbowl champs.  No discipline, jumping offside etc. etc.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Bubba's Bruisers

Nothing but a comedy of errors for the Cowboys tonight.  Why am I not surprised?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

razorbrass

Dallas has stupid players and coaches.  I have never seen so many dumb things in one half of football as I have in this game.  They are lucky to be within 14.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

riccoar

Romo you f'in suck. Jerry has got to get rid of him.

razorbrass

If I were Jerry I would walk down to the sideline right now and fire Rob Ryan.  Get someone out of the stands to call the D for the rest of the game - they couldn't do any worse.

razorbrass

I used to think Garrett was the answer but this is the most lackluster performance of the year when everything is on the line. 

riccoar

Hell, Romo could have ran for the first down twice. What a [CENSORED]

kingofdequeen

i hate jerry.  he had a chance a mallett and passed.

big mistake.  huge. 

yeah, it's a pretty woman quote.  wanna fight?

riccoar

Watch Romo tank this right before half

razorbrass

What a waste of time.  Jerry Jones is a joke.  Wasting his money on this crew.

kingofdequeen

the battle between dallas' o-line and NYG's d-line looks akin to a scene of Oz featuring rampant prison rape.

riccoar

It's not Garrett or Ryan. It's Romo. Pathetic

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: riccoar on January 01, 2012, 08:52:54 pm
It's not Garrett or Ryan. It's Romo. Pathetic

I don't know if you can say it is just romo.  We are talking about a head coach that iced his own kicker to lose a game.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

riccoar

True, but Romo is just not a Super Bowl caliber QB.

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: riccoar on January 01, 2012, 09:02:49 pm
True, but Romo is just not a Super Bowl caliber QB.

Wow. It takes quite a leap to give a darn if he is a SB QB. I'm waiting to see him win a playoff game.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on January 01, 2012, 09:05:29 pm
Wow. It takes quite a leap to give a darn if he is a SB QB. I'm waiting to see him win a playoff game.

Thought he won one a couple years ago?  I may be wrong. 

riccoar

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on January 01, 2012, 09:05:29 pm
Not when you have watched him tank the postseason before. He is just not in the same
category as Staubach, White, and Aikman.

Cresthog

Horrible.

Truly horrible.

Danny J

I think mcshay and kiper could do a better job of putting together a team. First thing I would do....get some dbacks followed by a better O line and QB. Could probably trade romo to some desperate team for a bunch of draft picks and other goodies.

Cresthog

Game over.

Time to go get Mallett.

I've defended Romo but the era seems to need ending.

Danny J

Quote from: Cresthog on January 01, 2012, 10:15:51 pm
Game over.

Time to go get Mallett.

I've defended Romo but the era seems to need ending.
Romo is too inconsistent and tries to do too much when the game is on the line. He is not going to lead dallas to a superbowl...or even close to a superbowl. Dallas would be better off trading him to some unsuspecting team that would be dumb enough to trade some first round draft pics and players. I would take RG3 or luck any day over romo. While I would love to see mallett at dallas...they had better go get a better O line to protect him otherwise he will have a short career.

The Boar War

It's got to be difficult to have all the Cowboy's resources and still put out such a terrible team.

razorbrass

Romo is not in the same league as Brady or Brees but he is no slouch.  Give him a decent, not spectacular, but decent line and he would do fine.  Heck his QB rating this year is 102, 4th in the NFL.  The problem Dallas has is defense - who would you trade off the Giants D for a player on the Dallas D.  No name comes to mind.  Terrance Newman needs to retire.  That guy has lost at least two steps and heaven forbid if he actually needs to tackle someone.  You could see it in his eyes on the sideline - tonight was his last game in the NFL.  If the Cowboys had a defense they might be worth something.  Heck they sucked when Wade was calling the D now look what he is doing in Houston.  Time to upgrade the talent on D and the offensive line.  While you are at it give Fischer a call and get a real coach as well.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: razorbrass on January 01, 2012, 11:00:21 pm
Romo is not in the same league as Brady or Brees but he is no slouch.  Give him a decent, not spectacular, but decent line and he would do fine.  Heck his QB rating this year is 102, 4th in the NFL.  The problem Dallas has is defense - who would you trade off the Giants D for a player on the Dallas D.  No name comes to mind.  Terrance Newman needs to retire.  That guy has lost at least two steps and heaven forbid if he actually needs to tackle someone.  You could see it in his eyes on the sideline - tonight was his last game in the NFL.  If the Cowboys had a defense they might be worth something.  Heck they sucked when Wade was calling the D now look what he is doing in Houston.  Time to upgrade the talent on D and the offensive line.  While you are at it give Fischer a call and get a real coach as well.

Qb rating is great and all but it doesn't mean crap if you are not in the playoffs.  Eli manning had a 91 qb rating. 

Tony romo puts up lots of stats all the time only problem is that he does things that loses games at crucial times.   Jets game this year. The lions game.  I mean come on.

Tony isn't the biggest problem on that team.  That belongs to JJ being the GM.  Then the coaching staff would be the second problem.

2FNFST4U

Great game. Watching Jerry squirming at the end knowing once again he has wasted money was special.  On the downside looks like we are stuck with Coughlin another year.

Bwaaaa blaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa so great being an anti cow-ite!
Let's make some waves.

RebelliousHog

With this O-line I'm not sure that RM would be  effective at QB.
I've never quite understood the mentality that JJ needs to do everything he can to get Arkansas players to Dallas. It's a business, not a brother-in-law thing. Granted, looking at the record since Barry left as coach, they don't look stellar as businessmen.

Not that I'm complaining mind you.   
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Let's make some waves.