Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Felix Jones...WHAT THE #^#&^

Started by 1994, September 29, 2008, 12:53:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I've been waiting for someone to ask why Dallas turned their back on Felix yesterday. Here's a blog where someone besides me noticed.
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/09/how-the-heck-can-felix-jones-not-get-a-c.html#comments
Steve Spurrier, Florida football coach, telling Gator fans that a fire at Auburn's football dorm had destroyed 20 books: "But the real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet." (1991)

hogsanity

I wondered it too, especially since ESPN even did a report that the Cowgirls were trying to find ways to get him MORE INVOLVED.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Beaverfever

Overall the coaching for the cowboys was a little iffy yesterday.  Any team with Marion Barber and Felix Jones should run the ball more than 13 times in a game, particularly when the game is relatively close the entire game.

Chuckles

Felix no touches on offense? TCTWF was even smarter then that!

havok

Probably, TO was bitching, becasue for the last two weeks he got little press, and wasn't "The Man" (Felix was)...  Instead of him throwing another 2 year old, temper tantrum, they were going to pass and pass, hoping to get him back in the Front Pages of their Sports media.....but he was covered with two or three guys most of the day.  They just don't have enough room in all the Sports pages for TO's ego and ANYONE else.

Table Rocker

forget felix for a moment, they gave the ball to barber 8 times!!!! fantasy football players everywhere were effed by jason garrett yesterday.

Burt B.

The cowboys totally abandoned the run game. Barber only had 8 carries.

Hog in MO

They turned their back on Barber too - he had 8 carries for 26 yards yesterday.  They basically abandoned the run entirely and they have arguably the best o-line in the NFL.  Hard to imagine why they lost. 

smun83

Its a simple reason.  Dallas tries to appease TO.  I am not a Cowboy fan, never will be but I root for Felix.  T.O. complained about not being targeted.  He had 7 catches for 71 yards and a touchdown.  He was targeted they said 19 times out of 62 plays, about 1/3.  Marion Barber only got 8 carries for 26 yards.  There is no reason for Marion not getting about 20 carries at least and felix getting about 10 a game.

PositronHog

Quote from: Beaverfever on September 29, 2008, 12:55:58 pm
Overall the coaching for the cowboys was a little iffy yesterday.  Any team with Marion Barber and Felix Jones should run the ball more than 13 times in a game, particularly when the game is relatively close the entire game.
A little..........

peakhog

Romo thought he was in a playoff game. He has got to keep his mind on football and not the blonde!

donewithdale

Wade Phillips was a poor hire.  He has never won a playoff game and that includes being the only Denver coach to not only not make a Super Bowl but never win a playoff game during the Elway era.  The Eagles played the Cowboys tough even though they were banged up.  The Redskins just outplayed them in Dallas.  And we know what the Giants did last year.  The Cowboys should be in the Super Bowl this season.  I wouldn't count on it though with Wade.

Felix got TO'ed.  They had to feed TO the ball to keep the prima donna happy. 

And the 'Skins kick coverage on Felix was great.

Beaverfever

Quote from: Table Rocker on September 29, 2008, 12:57:10 pm
forget felix for a moment, they gave the ball to barber 8 times!!!! fantasy football players everywhere were effed by jason garrett yesterday.
What I was thinking...8 combined carries for Barber and Jones is borderline obsene.  The coaching staff needs to answer some questions about that line of thinking.

idochog

Its TO baby.  He is not getting enough touches.  That is why the [CENSORED] will hurt Dallas chances of winning a Superbowl.  He cares more about "I" than "TEAM"
I love Jesus!

WMHawgfan

Quote from: idochog on September 29, 2008, 01:30:41 pm
Its TO baby.  He is not getting enough touches.  That is why the feminine tool will hurt Dallas chances of winning a Superbowl.  He cares more about "I" than "TEAM"
Nail on head. They caved in yesterday and tried to get him more touches. He had seventeen passes thrown his way and two more handoffs and what does he do in the post game interview? Throw Romo under the bus. I forget his comment but it basically trashed Romo for having the audacity to throw to anyone else on the team.

T.O.'s favorite comment sums him up best. "I love me some me". The guy doesn't deserve the ability he has.

DeltaBoy

I was dumbfounded by the lack of running by the Boys with the O-line we have.  If it was to appease TO  I hope he get screwed up for the rest of the year this next game and he can sit his punk butt on the sideline for the rest of the season.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Calihog

I like the cowboys because i like the style of football they play. It's flashy and fun to watch on offense and they have a strong sack-happy D.  That being said I completely agree with what has been posted here regarding appeasing TO.  Throwing to him three times in a row on consecutive downs is ludicrous in lieu of the other weapons they have on this team.  While watching the game, i kept asking myself why they weren't countering with Felix and appeared to give up on the run. 
I do think TO is an unbelievable athlete and a top 3 receiver but he needs to grow up and learn to have some TEAM GOALS and if he can't coaches have to stand up to him and make the decision to go elsewhere with the ball regardless of his surliness. Wade needs to grow something besides boobs.

SuthrnFballer15

It wasn't just felix........Barber had 8 carries...8!!! WTH is that? T.O. found away to complain - after 20 attempts to get him the ball in the game. That was 1/3 of the total plays from scrimmage they ran......unbelievable!
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

GolfnHog

I do think TO is an unbelievable athlete and a top 3 receiver but he needs to grow up and learn to have some TEAM GOALS and if he can't coaches have to stand up to him and make the decision to go elsewhere with the ball regardless of his surliness. Wade needs to grow something besides boobs.

[/quote]

That happens when hell freezes over and the Devil is selling ice cream. I love me some Cowboys but a small dose of  "team chemistry" on TO is in order by about 52 other players and a whole damn coaching staff. Jerry you listening?
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Was I blind or didn't T O drop a touchdown pass near the end?
Steve Spurrier, Florida football coach, telling Gator fans that a fire at Auburn's football dorm had destroyed 20 books: "But the real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet." (1991)

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Eddie Piggard

hahahahahaha, you cowgirl whiners!!!  now, whose the dummy for having all these "reclamation projects"?  Pacman, Tank, TO, and so on.  You can't fill a team with ego's and expect to get anywhere....just like Steinbrenner couldn't buy the World Series

hahahahahahaha
Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8

ar_sports_talk

Marion the Barbarian should have carried it AT LEAST 20 times.

Bum's son should know better.
Need a good laugh?  Click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVr8nvs6re0

HOGWILD_F4I

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Eddie Piggard

Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8

RZRBack_FAN

Wade made the statement that there were several running plays called for Barber and Felix but that Romo checked out of almost all of them.