Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Bielema is...

Started by Iwastherein1969, February 20, 2017, 02:38:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

strangely quiet and seems withdrawn compared to other off-seasons. I understand Jen is pregnant and that likely takes up some of his time but the rhetoric and overall zeitgeist around the football department is quiet and seemingly subdued. Anyone feel the same ? This is no criticism. Just a question.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Peter Porker

He's having a press conference on Tuesday.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Bacon_Bitz

I wish he would tweet about every slight or perceived slight, however small, in a rapid flurry every other morning around 7:30 am while he's changing out of his bathrobe. Would also be nice to see him tweet some reactions to whatever he's watching on cable television. He should also do a better job of blaming his lack of progress on the mess he inherited, and really emphasize how he's done more in his first four years as coach than any college football coach in history. He should also keep emphasizing how the Hogs won the Cotton Bowl last year by the largest margin ever and let Hog fans know that Bo Mattingly is the enemy of the people. This is what a true leader would do. Instead we've got all action, no talk. Sad!

Talon

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on February 20, 2017, 05:11:23 am
I wish he would tweet about every slight or perceived slight, however small, in a rapid flurry every other morning around 7:30 am while he's changing out of his bathrobe. Would also be nice to see him tweet some reactions to whatever he's watching on cable television. He should also do a better job of blaming his lack of progress on the mess he inherited, and really emphasize how he's done more in his first four years as coach than any college football coach in history. He should also keep emphasizing how the Hogs won the Cotton Bowl last year by the largest margin ever and let Hog fans know that Bo Mattingly is the enemy of the people. This is what a true leader would do. Instead we've got all action, no talk. Sad!
^^^^ This.

He should also make it known that recruiting is going so well that he has banned recruiting in 7 states.

HogFoo

Well if you guys want to go that line of thinking then.... it could be worse.  He could have gotten fired and then we got a coach that had a Baylor type incident from a few years ago, you know the one where the player got killed.  Or, the new coach could have a recruiting service where if you pay his "recruiting fees"  he'll go give a speech at the local sports club in the city of the team we're about to play that saturday,  and he'll give away the game plans then of course he'll conveniently destroy his playbook afterwards and deny it.

I do agree that Bielema would like to build a wall around the state(kind  of like Mike did with the 2018 recruiting class) to keep any homegrown high 3* + talent inside the state and how he also wants to make Arkansas great again.   

Here's an idea, how about keeping politics in the political forums. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Vcloudv

We have the best idiots dont we folks! Now please move along to your safe space and take a bath in your tears...

Razorbackers

Fake news!

LRrazorback

Quote from: HogFoo on February 20, 2017, 05:43:32 am
Well if you guys want to go that line of thinking then.... it could be worse.  He could have gotten fired and then we got a coach that had a Baylor type incident from a few years ago, you know the one where the player got killed.  Or, the new coach could have a recruiting service where if you pay his "recruiting fees"  he'll go give a speech at the local sports club in the city of the team we're about to play that saturday,  and he'll give away the game plans then of course he'll conveniently destroy his playbook afterwards and deny it.

I do agree that Bielema would like to build a wall around the state(kind  of like Mike did with the 2018 recruiting class) to keep any homegrown high 3* + talent inside the state and how he also wants to make Arkansas great again.   

Ha, nice job!

Birminghog

Big thumbs up to you and Talon.  :razorback:

TrueBlue

Wow. We have some mods that love the snow as well.

nchogg

Does everyone want all the comments that build the fan base up and when things don't go as expected then posters want his head. Maybe it's better that he keeps things close to the program and not let the fan base have there expectations so high the program can't live up to them. Or does he, players and coaches keep everything close and show the fans on the field.  :razorback:

sage_dragoon

XBox360 - SageDragoon79

Bacon_Bitz

In all seriousness, he's just quietly working in his secret plan to beat Bama. He told the Razorback club last fall about the secret plan. He said it was really great and would destroy Bama so quickly and would be such a wonderful big victory but he couldn't tell us the plan right then because that would be dumb to tell Bama what we are going to do to them before we did it to them. I was there at the talk. CBB was awesome, his hair looked great. Jim Harris tried to tell me he didn't have a plan but I refused to believe him. Last I heard CBB had given Rhoads and Enos thirty days to come up with a plan. I think maybe that was the plan all along, to order someone else to come up with the plan. Or maybe this is all just a smokescreen for the still super secret plan. All I know is a big victory is coming and we are gonna beat Bama so great, so great, so fast. I hear CBB is gonna do it so fast that somehow we are gonna beat Bama at our spring game. It's gonna be so amazing, just really really great.

JIHawg

He took a little time off in Vegas, got a golden shower.

Poker_hog

Bert likes to brag.  Not much to brag about right now.  Had he not blown big leads in the last two game he'd be puffing his chest a lot more.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

DeltaBoy

I enjoying peace and quiet from the Hill about the Football program.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

goodguytex

Quote from: HogFoo on February 20, 2017, 05:43:32 am

What political forums would you be referring to exactly? Hogville doesn't have one as far as I know.

hoggusamoungus

I know he's still looking for a game to replace Michigan.  Here's hoping we don't have to play Western Kentucky in Bowling Green.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 20, 2017, 09:22:29 am
I enjoying peace and quiet from the Hill about the Football program.
Now if we could only get the same from some HV posters things would be totally right with the world.  :) :P

PonderinHog

ricepig

Stephen Greene

Quote from: ricepig on February 20, 2017, 01:40:12 pm
Close to it, Big Cedar.....

yeah, as if you know what you're talking about

::)

ricepig

Iwastherein1969

Sometimes I think if I posted the meaning of life and the universe with a mathematical equation about the length of my forefinger, my thread would go straight to the trash. I haven't a clue where I went off the tracks with the OP but apparently I did something wrong. I live out of Arkansas and I get very little news about expectations, talk about our upcoming Spring practice and things such  as that....all I was merely doing was trying to get a discussion going  about our coach and the Hogs in general. Oh well, I guess that's asking a bit too much.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

widespreadsooie

Can't help but think it's funny this thread title was moved to "trash"