Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re: Segrest Leaving

Started by forrest city joe, February 03, 2017, 02:11:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 03, 2017, 03:15:27 pm
Pretty sure MMQB had a Fire Bielema thread after Missouri and also after Virginia Tech.
And i did not post in it.i have not given up on coach B yet.glad he is making some changes on defense.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 03, 2017, 03:27:41 pm

If also be happy if mike would dump the dead weight on his staff and add some above average assistants. Shouldn't expect one thing from the football program only to give the basketball coach a free pass
Can we have a thread in MMQB where you don't bring your Anderson/Basketball BS into the thread.keep the BS in Jump Ball.

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 03:32:43 pm
Can we have a thread in MMQB where you don't bring your Anderson/Basketball BS into the thread.keep the BS in Jump Ball.

Can we have a thread in either where you don't present your obviously uninformed opinion as the gospel truth?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on February 03, 2017, 03:54:09 pm
So let's make him DL/Co-DC and pay him appropriately.

Dude, I just got Segrest a tractor driving job, give me some time, probably next week.

Razorpigg

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 03, 2017, 03:10:12 pm

I gauge success in NCAA tournament success. Remind me how well we've done there under mike. And on the bubble again.

It would be awesome if you guys could go to Jump Ball to have your mancrush arguments. I mean really this is a thread about Segrest leaving, and you guys have turned it into a Anderson pissing match. This aint the place...

forrest city joe

Whoever we get should be an improvement over Segrest Leaving.i support coach B getting rid of both of them.good moves.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 03, 2017, 04:09:44 pm
Did you WATCH 2014 vs 2016?  The entire system changed.  We attacked and funneled in '14.  In '16, we tried to hold the LoS, particularly the middle.  That left the edges vulnerable and gave the QB a ton of time.  Look at how Wise and Ledbetter showed out at the all-star game.  THAT was Segrest technique from '14.
Wrong again.don't put the blame on others.and don't put it on the players.coach B fired the guy who's fault it was.and Smith was fire too.

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorpigg on February 03, 2017, 04:06:35 pm
It would be awesome if you guys could go to Jump Ball to have your mancrush arguments. I mean really this is a thread about Segrest leaving, and you guys have turned it into a Anderson pissing match. This aint the place...

It is just weird hypocritical how a guy will come into this thread and applaud guys being fired, then go to jump ball and laud a staff that has not produced any better than the two prior staffs in the one category that matters in ncaa basketball and that is the ncaat.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkRinds

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 04:16:11 pm
Wrong again.don't put the blame on others.and don't put it on the players.coach B fired the guy who's fault it was.and Smith was fire too.

Actually neither one was "fire". They left but they weren't "fire".

Deep Shoat

Good GRIEF!  You don't know ANYTHING about football.  Seriously, I feel like I'm reading Corky from Life Goes On opining on nuclear fusion.
All Gas, No Brakes!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 03, 2017, 04:21:08 pm
Good GRIEF!  You don't know ANYTHING about football.  Seriously, I feel like I'm reading Corky from Life Goes On opining on nuclear fusion.
I know a lot more than you do. i know my football.been watching it over 50 years.live and learn.

forrest city joe

Quote from: elksnort on February 03, 2017, 04:20:25 pm
I am posting this before reading anyone's post.

First of all, what is with the notion that a defensive line coach can coach 4 down linemen but can't coach 3 down linemen?
A defensive line coach ought to be able coach any kind of alignment.

Secondly. How do any of you know that Segrest was a poor coach?
Maybe some of you have been to practice and know enough about football, to say, "Nah, he is not a very good coach"

Again, these are questions about knowledge. Help me out.
We know that Segrest was a poor coach because of the DL play the last 2 years.and because he for fired for the poor job he did.

onebadrubi

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 02:25:30 pm
Folks on Jump ball are full of crap when it comes to Mike.he has the program on the right track.and i am hoping with the DL coach change.coach B can do the same thing.like Robb Smith,this DL coach had to go.

This guy is hilarious.  It saddens me that people with this narrow thought process and thinking abilities roam this earth

Hawg414

Quote from: hogsanity on February 03, 2017, 03:03:41 pm
Just remember FCJ is the guy who said we better lock up Pelphrey long term before Kentucky came in here and stole him away. Does anyone who said that actually have any credibility on anything?

in fairness, HDN woulda had a lifetime contract here if you had your way.

PonderinHog

Quote from: elksnort on February 03, 2017, 04:35:37 pm
This is absolutely true. Goodness knows I have had a few dozen probably.
I just got through reviewing all mine.  I'm good...   ;D

elksnort

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 03, 2017, 04:41:19 pm
I just got through reviewing all mine.  I'm good...   ;D
Laughing now....Time for a beer. It's Friday.....[CENSORED] (Dani Brunz (sp), the 98.1 the max in Memphis).

sowmonella

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 04:31:22 pm
We know that Segrest was a poor coach because of the DL play the last 2 years.and because he for fired for the poor job he did.

What is your native language?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

tophawg19

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 03, 2017, 02:47:07 pm
TJ has been actively pursuing Head Coaching gigs but we first have to become mainstay in the top 25.

Unlike Seagrest he has recruiting  interest from top 150 player's checking out the Arkansas program so their is some asset to his value.
the difference is they all have Arkansas ties . And the top 150 in basketball isn't like the top 150 in football where there are 1000's of football kids .each football team has 5 to 6 more football players
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Paul

LRHawg

hobhog

Quote from: LRHawg on February 03, 2017, 05:22:06 pm
Those of you who didn't catch this thread: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626785.0

Need to go read it before you comment here.

Pretty much sums up some of the ridiculous posts the uninformed make on here.

SpaCityHawg

This from the guy that has blamed the players after a bball loss.

hogsfan31

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 03:02:28 pm
Segrest is being let go because he did not do a good job the last 2 years.and coach B knows it.has nothing to do with going to a 3/4.or the fanbase.

I didn't know Joe worked in the AD. It may have been a little of ALL OF THE ABOVE Joe.

hogsfan31

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 03, 2017, 07:26:56 pm
He was being sarcastic.

Lol after some of the dumb I've read in this post I couldn't tell.

Slimac4

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 03, 2017, 02:42:02 pm
Well it looks like we are going to a 3-4 for sure now.

Wow look who just started paying attention...

passinghog

See ya, good riddance. What a terrible recruiter. Defensive line coach has to be a strong recruiter.

Isn't this MMQB? Why is all this thread full of crap about basketball when we just let go of our defensive line coach? 

Take it to jump ball

East TN HAWG

Joe, your making yourself look really bad here.  If you read FanOnHill's post, it will change your perspective of Segrest's coaching.  It was an excellent post from someone more knowledgeable than we are.

Segest did not recruit though. 

tophawg19

Quote from: East TN HAWG on February 03, 2017, 10:22:26 pm
Joe, your making yourself look really bad here.  If you read FanOnHill's post, it will change your perspective of Segrest's coaching.  It was an excellent post from someone more knowledgeable than we are.

Segest did not recruit though. 
no it won't because it doesn't fit his agenda .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Jim Harris on February 03, 2017, 03:08:11 pm
Everybody has at least one post they regret putting up here.
He should have about 5011 on here, but he doesn't regret any of em.

WilsonHog

This thread will be locked while I clean up the mess the children have made.