Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re: Segrest Leaving

Started by forrest city joe, February 03, 2017, 02:11:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

I am just happy he is gone. he is a nice man,but terrible DL coach. watching the DL the last 2 years has been painful.our DL had pitiful Technique as far as using their hands and getting off blocks to make plays.the talent on the DL was and is still there.need a great coach to coach them. and i hope coach B hires one.it's great news that R. Segrest is gone.good bye and good luck to him.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 02:11:20 pm
I am just happy he is gone. he is a nice man,but terrible DL coach. watching the DL the last 2 years has been painful.our DL had pitiful Technique as far as using their hands and getting off blocks to make plays.the talent on the DL was and is still there.need a great coach to coach them. and i hope coach B hires one.it's great news that R. Segrest is gone.good bye and good luck to him.

Sorry, but you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Not even slightly.
[CENSORED]!

hogman99

Come on Joe be careful. Folks on Jump Ball are calling guys out like you and me in our support of Mike.  Let's take the high road and not relish in a coach losing his job.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 03, 2017, 02:12:57 pm
Sorry, but you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Not even slightly.
Yes the hell i do. i have seen HS players with better Technique. knowing how to use your hands to get leverage is a big part of a D-Linemen Technique. and either he did not teach it.or the players did not learn do it. and i do not blame the players.the talent has been there the last 2 years on the DL.and we have gotten bad results.he is not being fired for no reason. and it's not because the Hogs are moving to a 3/4. coach B is letting him go because he did not get the job done. did you watch the DL the last 2 years?

Scott7703

Vey comparable to TJ Cleveland and Watkins. Difference is they will never be let go.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 02:22:56 pm
Yes the hell i do. i have seen HS players with better Technique. knowing how to use your hands to get leverage is a big part of a D-Linemen Technique. and either he did not teach it.or the players did not learn do it. and i do not blame the players.the talent has been there the last 2 years on the DL.and we have gotten bad results.he is not being fired for no reason. and it's not because the Hogs are moving to a 3/4. coach B is letting him go because he did not get the job done. did you watch the DL the last 2 years?
The irony of you talking fundamentals when so steadfast on Anderson's coaching prowess  is not lost on me.

forrest city joe

Quote from: HamSammich on February 03, 2017, 02:20:43 pm
I don't particularly think the man did bad. I don't even think his recruiting was half bad.
Folks on Jump ball are full of crap when it comes to Mike.he has the program on the right track.and i am hoping with the DL coach change.coach B can do the same thing.like Robb Smith,this DL coach had to go.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 03, 2017, 02:25:04 pm
Vey comparable to TJ Cleveland and Watkins. Difference is they will never be let go.
Wrong. he let Zimmerman go this past season.Zimmerman is doing radio now.get your facts right.

Scott7703

Quote from: Porked Tongue on February 03, 2017, 02:25:23 pm
The irony of you talking fundamentals when so steadfast on Anderson's coaching prowess  is not lost on me.

This post is golden.

Scott7703

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 02:27:02 pm
Wrong. he let Zimmerman go this past season.Zimmerman is doing radio now.get your facts right.

If TJ Cleveland wasn't related to a basketball coach he wouldn't have a job. There's a fact for you.

forrest city joe

Quote from: HamSammich on February 03, 2017, 02:26:57 pm
They were playing a style of clogging the blockers from getting to the lbs and secondary. I think the fans just need people to blame to vent frustrations. The d-line didn't pressure the qb but I'm not so sure if the man responsible wasn't already let go.... and even in smiths case I'm unsure how much was his fault.
Who's fault was it then?they could not rush the passer,or get off blocks to stop the run.who's fault was it?

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 02:29:37 pm
Who's fault was it then?they could not rush the passer,or get off blocks to stop the run.who's fault was it?

Smith's.
[CENSORED]!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 03, 2017, 02:28:35 pm

If TJ Cleveland wasn't related to a basketball coach he wouldn't have a job. There's a fact for you.
Prove it.you don't know if he would or not.Mike Anderson is doing a great job on and off the court with this program.you need to get behind our coach and players.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 03, 2017, 02:34:22 pm
Smith's.
Robb Smith was not the DL coach.and if was forcing the DL coach to do things that was killing the defense.then coach B should have put a stop to it.easy to blame everything on Smith now that he's gone.

Scott7703

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 02:34:30 pm
Prove it.you don't know if he would or not.Mike Anderson is doing a great job on and off the court with this program.you need to get behind our coach and players.

He has never been able to get another job. There's all the proof I need. I am behind the basketball team. I however have no faith that mike Anderson is capable of every winning anything at Arkansas. Thru 5 years he's given me nothing to be get excited about.

As far as our football coaches go Montgomery is 100% a grand slam. He'd be one of, if not the top recruiter on staff immediately

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 02:22:56 pm

What assistant basketball coaches should be fired if we don't make the tournament
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

forrest city joe

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 03, 2017, 02:37:38 pm

He has never been able to get another job. There's all the proof I need. I am behind the basketball team. I however have no faith that mike Anderson is capable of every winning anything at Arkansas. Thru 5 years he's given me nothing to be get excited about.

As far as our football coaches go Montgomery is 100% a grand slam. He'd be one of, if not the top recruiter on staff immediately
You have a right to your opinion on Mike. you are wrong,but it's your opinion.and so do i.this DL coach had to go.happy that coach B got him out of here.

Scott7703

Quote from: Kevin on February 03, 2017, 02:40:29 pm
What assistant basketball coaches should be fired if we don't make the tournament

TJ Cleveland for 1000 Alex. Same one whose been garbage for years.

Inhogswetrust

He didn't say Zimmerman. He only mentioned Watkins and Cleveland.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Scott7703

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 02:41:22 pm
You have a right to your opinion on Mike. you are wrong,but it's your opinion.and so do i.this DL coach had to go.happy that coach B got him out of here.

It amazes me that a guy who pisses and moans so much about the football program is perfectly ok with the mediocrity of the basketball program. One NCAA tournament appearance in 5 years is the equivalent of zero bowl appearances in 5 years. If bielema hadn't made a bowl game over 5 years what would your thoughts be?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 03, 2017, 02:28:35 pm

TJ has been actively pursuing Head Coaching gigs but we first have to become mainstay in the top 25.

Unlike Seagrest he has recruiting  interest from top 150 player's checking out the Arkansas program so their is some asset to his value.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Scott7703

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 03, 2017, 02:47:07 pm
TJ has been actively pursuing Head Coaching gigs but we first have to become mainstay in the top 25.

Unlike Seagrest he has the interest of top 150 player's checking out the Arkansas program so their is some value.

The moment Scotty Thurman moved to the bench he became the best recruiter on staff. And let's be honest, the past few classes have basically all been Arkansas" connected kids. The basketball staff reminds me of all the staffs Houston Nutt had. Familiar with head coach and no one else ever wanted any of them. Thurman will be the exception.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 03, 2017, 02:43:21 pm

It amazes me that a guy who pisses and moans so much about the football program is perfectly ok with the mediocrity of the basketball program. One NCAA tournament appearance in 5 years is the equivalent of zero bowl appearances in 5 years. If bielema hadn't made a bowl game over 5 years what would your thoughts be?
Did you not hear what Jeff Long said?he does not even count the first 2 years Mike was here. the program was in such bad shape on and off the field that he did not even count it. yet all you do is cry about Mike.try supporting our coach and players.

Jim Harris

Zimmerman and Scotty switched assignments among the staff. He didn't "let Zimmerman go."
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 02:52:14 pm
Did you not hear what Jeff Long said?he does not even count the first 2 years Mike was here. the program was in such bad shape on and off the field that he did not even count it. yet all you do is cry about Mike.try supporting our coach and players.

Unlike the football program, right? ROFL.
[CENSORED]!

forrest city joe

Unlike Seagrest he has recruiting  interest from top 150 player's checking out the Arkansas program so their is some asset to his value.
Bingo.+1000

Scott7703

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 02:52:14 pm

Just more excuses. Next there'll be reasons not to count the next four. Bottom line is we are what we are at this point because of poor coaching. Zero defense played, no offensive rhythm, kids don't know how to rebound. To me those all fall on coaching. But I'm sure since mike is your boy you'll have an excuse for that too.

Scott7703

Quote from: Jim Harris on February 03, 2017, 02:52:47 pm
Zimmerman and Scotty switched assignments among the staff. He didn't "let Zimmerman go."

Generally facts don't support mike or joe so he tries to stay away from those.

Scott7703

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 03, 2017, 02:52:59 pm

Bingo +1000

Seriously though, he has a double standard. Just wait until the first football loss next season. Tune into drive time sports and listen to joe cry. The he'll discount us losing to miss state at home or getting throttled on the road by Oklahoma state.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 03, 2017, 02:52:36 pm
Segrest coached an attacking style with good pass-rushing technique. NFL coaches saw that out of Wise and Ledbetter in Shrine Game practices. Smith gave the Dline assignments that usually kept them out of the backfield + also left the edges vulnerable. Also reduced the ability to substitute, as some backups couldn't handle containment assignments. Some players are wasted if you don't turn them loose to wreak havoc.
Even if what you posted is true,i ask this.why did coach B not put a stop to it. it was killing his defense?and why is he getting rid of his DL coach?

Atlhogfan1

Reminiscent of his uncle.  He couldn't get hired as a head coach from a F4 staff.  Bless UAB for finally giving him a chance. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 03, 2017, 02:52:59 pm
Yes i support coach B and the football program.pull up one post where i said coach B should be fired.yet jump ball has a fire Anderson thread.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Jim Harris on February 03, 2017, 02:54:38 pm
Do you think Segrest is being let go because he's not a 3-front coach? To appease the fanbase wanting change? Recruiting limitations? It seems like he was trying to leave last year to go back to the Eagles but something fell apart there.
Segrest is being let go because he did not do a good job the last 2 years.and coach B knows it.has nothing to do with going to a 3/4.or the fanbase.

hogsanity

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 03, 2017, 02:57:37 pm

Bingo +1000

Seriously though, he has a double standard. Just wait until the first football loss next season. Tune into drive time sports and listen to joe cry. The he'll discount us losing to miss state at home or getting throttled on the road by Oklahoma state.

Just remember FCJ is the guy who said we better lock up Pelphrey long term before Kentucky came in here and stole him away. Does anyone who said that actually have any credibility on anything?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

donbro

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 03, 2017, 02:55:56 pm

Generally facts don't support mike or joe so he tries to stay away from those.
Fact: you have a coach who has improved his winning % by .269 from.500 a year ago to .769 this year and you still complaining. Your problem with Mike Anderson might go beyond the basketball court. He is winning 76% of his game for crying out loud.

Jim Harris

Quote from: hogsanity on February 03, 2017, 03:03:41 pm
Just remember FCJ is the guy who said we better lock up Pelphrey long term before Kentucky came in here and stole him away. Does anyone who said that actually have any credibility on anything?

Everybody has at least one post they regret putting up here.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Scott7703

Quote from: donbro on February 03, 2017, 03:07:19 pm
Fact: you have a coach who has improved his winning % by .269 from.500 a year ago to .769 this year and you still complaining. Your problem with Mike Anderson might go beyond the basketball court. He is winning 76% of his game for crying out loud.

I gauge success in NCAA tournament success. Remind me how well we've done there under mike. And on the bubble again.

Atlhogfan1

FCJ would have 14-15 wins coaching with our schedule this season.  Brad Dunn and Stehlik probably could have gotten to 16. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on February 03, 2017, 03:03:41 pm
I thought you would be in Jump Ball,starting another fire Mike Anderson thread.that's all you do.where were you after the Alabama blowout?Hogs won.that has to kill you.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Porked Tongue on February 03, 2017, 02:25:23 pm

Post of the day leader right there!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 03:11:32 pm
I thought you would be in Jump Ball,starting another fire Mike Anderson thread.that's all you do.where were you after the Alabama blowout?Hogs won.that has to kill you.

I have not started one fire Mike thread. I posted after the Bama game that they did a great job exploiting Bama's weaknesses.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 02:59:54 pm
Yes i support coach B and the football program.pull up one post where i said coach B should be fired.yet jump ball has a fire Anderson thread.

Pretty sure MMQB had a Fire Bielema thread after Missouri and also after Virginia Tech.
[CENSORED]!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2017, 03:11:32 pm
Jump ball? That's a great idea! Y'all go on over there

forrest city joe

Bottom Line.Mike Anderson is here. and Segrest is fired.spin it anyway you want.Jeff Long made the right decision on Mike.and coach B made the right decision by firing Segrest.

Deep Shoat

The stupid in this thread is ASTOUNDING!

Why is FCJ allowed to post here, again?
All Gas, No Brakes!

forrest city joe

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 03, 2017, 03:15:35 pm
Jump ball? That's a great idea! Y'all go on over there
I Scott started the Mike Anderson stuff in this thread not me. i came here to post about football,and our DL coach. he jump in with the basketball stuff yet again. i agree that he needs to keep his Anderson crap in Jump Ball.100% agree.

Inhogswetrust

That really matters depending on who they have played. Also how many times since he's been the coach for the hogs has the team made the dance? I'v been on the record before for saying Mike was shorthanded by not having a practice facility. Those days are over. It appears that recruiting is getting better. For Mike's sake I hope so.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 03, 2017, 03:19:36 pm
The stupid in this thread is ASTOUNDING!

Why is FCJ allowed to post here, again?
Same reason you are.why are you allowed to post?

Scott7703

If also be happy if mike would dump the dead weight on his staff and add some above average assistants. Shouldn't expect one thing from the football program only to give the basketball coach a free pass