Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A request to restore the Politics Board

Started by whosiskid, February 02, 2017, 08:03:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whosiskid

I am deeply concerned that we have shut down the Politics board during the greatest constitutional crisis we have had since John Marshall insisted on the independence of the Supreme Court over interpreting the constitution instead of the president (Thomas Jefferson). I know there are other forums on other boards, but a lot of us are used to talking - often at loggerheads with one another, but still, talking - about the affairs of the day. My fear in electing Donald Trump was that he was not going to be able to serve as president, and sadly he is turning out to be considerably worse than I had feared. For instance , putting out a Muslim ban when the number of people killed from 1975 to 2016 from the countries Trump has singled out totaled three people. While I oppose any Muslim ban, if you were going to do one, wouldn't you ban people from the countries that have actually produced terrorists, like Saudi Arabia?

Meanwhile, there is an intense debate in the nation's psychiatric and psychotherapy communities about whether Trump should be removed from office due to suffering from multiple extremely serious psychological disorders. This is unprecedented in US history, but we are unable to discuss this because the Politics board was shut down. We have a crisis in the Executive Branch worse than Watergate. Apart from narcissism, he appears to be delusional, like his insistence that his inauguration was the most heavily attended in US history, when in fact it was lightly attended, with public transportation that day lower than on a normal work day, and huge numbers of empty bleachers that he insists were filled. And this detachment from reality is profoundly affecting the nation. He is alienating a number of our most important allies, like Jordan and Australia. Who the check could destroy our relationship with Australia? The entire world is aghast as we go forward with a man who is clearly mentally ill heading our government. We have an insane president, but there is no forum here to talk about that.

Please, someone consider bringing it back.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

bob slydell

Quote from: whosiskid on February 02, 2017, 08:03:27 am
I am deeply concerned that we have shut down the Politics board during the greatest constitutional crisis we have had since John Marshall insisted on the independence of the Supreme Court over interpreting the constitution instead of the president (Thomas Jefferson). I know there are other forums on other boards, but a lot of us are used to talking - often at loggerheads with one another, but still, talking - about the affairs of the day. My fear in electing Donald Trump was that he was not going to be able to serve as president, and sadly he is turning out to be considerably worse than I had feared. For instance , putting out a Muslim ban when the number of people killed from 1975 to 2016 from the countries Trump has singled out totaled three people. While I oppose any Muslim ban, if you were going to do one, wouldn't you ban people from the countries that have actually produced terrorists, like Saudi Arabia?

Meanwhile, there is an intense debate in the nation's psychiatric and psychotherapy communities about whether Trump should be removed from office due to suffering from multiple extremely serious psychological disorders. This is unprecedented in US history, but we are unable to discuss this because the Politics board was shut down. We have a crisis in the Executive Branch worse than Watergate. Apart from narcissism, he appears to be delusional, like his insistence that his inauguration was the most heavily attended in US history, when in fact it was lightly attended, with public transportation that day lower than on a normal work day, and huge numbers of empty bleachers that he insists were filled. And this detachment from reality is profoundly affecting the nation. He is alienating a number of our most important allies, like Jordan and Australia. Who the check could destroy our relationship with Australia? The entire world is aghast as we go forward with a man who is clearly mentally ill heading our government. We have an insane president, but there is no forum here to talk about that.

Please, someone consider bringing it back.

Muslim Ban?  This post's level of dishonesty is a prime example of why there is no more politics board. 
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

jkstock04

They were right to do away with it...would be a bloodbath right now with the personal grudges and considering all that is happening.

I've come to the conclusion Hogville doesn't need a political forum. This is a sports message board. Your radical left views, my radical right views...this is not the place for it.

Before this gets locked I'll post this link...it's prob my favorite political message board:

http://www.politicalforum.com/forum.php

Plenty of people there you can fight with.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PonderinHog

hogcard1964

Go to SEC Rant.  The political site is under Tiger droppings but it's well worth it.  Very lax moderations and all opinions are welcome.