Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do we have a team nutritionist?

Started by twistitup, January 25, 2017, 11:06:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on January 25, 2017, 02:06:55 pm
I will say that the coaches look very well fed overall.  So I guess you could look at it two ways.  They could feed the players the same thing they're feeding the coaches and we should put some weight on the players (if that is what we are wanting to do) or....the coaches are eating more than their share and the players are being short changed.

As I understand it, don't players just live in various dorms across campus?  They don't have an athletic dorm and a special cafeteria for their meals. Do other SEC schools operate the same way?

Umm, you don't understand it, the players eat at the Jones Center, and the vast majority live off campus.

factchecker

https://news.uark.edu/articles/32828/bumpers-graduate-helps-develop-razorback-nutrition-program

Quote"Building the sports nutrition program has been a great learning experience," said Raines, who is from Pine Bluff. "We knew what we needed, but essentially, we had a blank canvas in regard to what we wanted to do with this aspect of the athletics department. The Sports Nutrition Center, located in the Jerry and Gene Jones Family Student-Athlete Success Center, is now in full-swing."

RazorFuel provides student-athletes access to post-workout nutrition in the morning and afternoon. RazorBag offers a bag of snacks each week to fuel the Razorbacks between meals. Red Card is a debit card that can be used twice a week at off-campus restaurants.

For RazorFuel, student-athletes pre-order from an app and pick up their selection at the grab-and-go window in the Sports Nutrition Center or fuel inside in the full-service dining area. Options include Greek yogurt, breakfast sandwiches, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, deli sandwiches, pretzels and fresh fruit.

The RazorBag program is a reusable bag filled each week with 10 to 15 healthy, nonperishable snacks, such as fresh fruit, pistachios and peanut butter crackers.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2017, 02:54:51 pm
Umm, you don't understand it, the players eat at the Jones Center, and the vast majority live off campus.

Besides the freshman.  I think they live in the North Quad.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 25, 2017, 02:47:31 pm
Those oranges look underripe.  Are they greenhouse grown?  From California or Florida?  Please tell me they're organic.

Oh, and the two chicks on the left?    Plow.

Those are just big lemons......

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 25, 2017, 01:25:32 pm
Bama's players have tutors and get study halls.

Why can't we be that forward thinking??

"Young lady..."

jkstock04

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on January 25, 2017, 02:33:14 pm
They don't really do that I'm sure. That's a Hogville myth.

I do wonder if the team eats together and if so, how often do they do that? I knew a guy who played back in the early 80's and he implied they always ate together and had excellent food for the players at that time.
If they win they all get to eat ice cream and cookies on Sunday. If they lose no ice cream and cookies. Wonder if/how our nutritionalist has that equated into the diets?

If I was actually making that up it may be more funny.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkSoda

Quote from: twistitup on January 25, 2017, 02:38:53 pm
Most programs don't approach it like bama. Wish we would...
LOL bama sucked donkey balls when shula was there.  it has nothing to do with "bama"
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

gchamblee

Quote from: twistitup on January 25, 2017, 02:38:53 pm
Most programs don't approach it like bama. Wish we would...

giving you an internet connection and a keyboard is like giving a flare gun to a 10 year old and telling them its only for emergencies. you just cant help yourself. i would accuse you of trolling but i believe you really are this stupid.

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on January 25, 2017, 02:26:15 pm
So everything is good? No need to have any special nutrition program? Is it more fun just to laugh at our superior competition than actually try to compete.

Lets just pretend we have a 'big boy' program....nothing but a big facade

#Pbj

The point being that we DO have a special nutrition program. Not laughing at the competition. Laughing at your terrible thread, specifically.

Tarheelhawg

Why all the comparisons to Alabama?  Clemson's nutrition program seems the most relevant and cutting edge since they just won  the National Championship.  Anyway I ate at the Razorback training table many years ago,  it was great!!!  Nutrition is not holding this team back. 

OutlawHawg

Would it kill Bret to take a little of the nutrtionists advice?

Jackrabbit Hog

Bama's players spend a few hours a week with jade eggs up their cooches, as life coach Gwyneth Paltrow recommends.  Maybe we should look into this.

#anythingtoberelevant
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

The OTR

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 25, 2017, 03:20:10 pm
If they win they all get to eat ice cream and cookies on Sunday. If they lose no ice cream and cookies. Wonder if/how our nutritionalist has that equated into the diets?

If I was actually making that up it may be more funny.

Bret said they eat lobster and steak on sunday after they win.  Hot dogs and macaroni if they lose. Those are words from the big man's mouth himself on his show this summer.

Seems like after we'd lose he'd want better nutrition and let them eat hot dogs after a win...but what do I know?

twistitup

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 25, 2017, 03:31:59 pm
LOL bama sucked donkey balls when shula was there.  it has nothing to do with "bama"

You said Shula...lol

When is the last time we were on the level they are at now? Its about "bama"-$$
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Tarheelhawg

Jaded eggs up their cooches?  Now that is certainly thinking outside the box or not. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Tarheelhawg on January 25, 2017, 04:46:24 pm
Jaded eggs up their cooches?  Now that is certainly thinking outside the box or not.

Technically wouldn't that he inside the box?

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 25, 2017, 04:53:15 pm
Technically wouldn't that he inside the box?

/thread.

Time to close up shop. Everybody go home.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Tarheelhawg

Yes, technically, I would say inside the box, but I would have to defer to Bama's nutritionist . 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: OutlawHawg on January 25, 2017, 04:25:41 pm
Would it kill Bret to take a little of the nutrtionists advice?

Naw, he's doing just fine...

A point later than 2013

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

PorkSoda

Quote from: twistitup on January 25, 2017, 04:46:18 pm
You said Shula...lol

When is the last time we were on the level they are at now? Its about "bama"-$$
bama wasn't on the level they are now until saban showed up.

that's my point.  bama doesn't have any secret advantages other than this millenniums bear bryant.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 25, 2017, 04:19:22 pm
The point being that we DO have a special nutrition program.

You didnt read the article...they have players wearing fitbits to track sleep patterns, heartbeat, cal burned, etc....in addition

"Anderson said Bragg knows exactly what vitamins certain players need. She knows their favorite shakes. She knows who takes Juven shots- a liquid protein that is designed to aid tissue growth- and she knows how each player likes to recover after a workout.

Simply put: Bragg knows her players. She keeps them conscious of their health, which is something that can make or break an athlete.

"We're out there competing every, single day, giving it our all," Dieter said. "The biggest thing is just taking care of our bodies."

- We dont do it like them, its why they are Bama and all we can do is make fun of their coaches height.

twistitup

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 25, 2017, 05:09:25 pm
bama wasn't on the level they are now until saban showed up.

that's my point.  bama doesn't have any secret advantages other than this millenniums bear bryant.

Secret advantage? $

They got Saban....we've has 4-5 coaches during his tenure ~ where are we now?

PorkSoda

Quote from: twistitup on January 25, 2017, 05:21:54 pm
You didnt read the article...they have players wearing fitbits to track sleep patterns, heartbeat, cal burned, etc....in addition

"Anderson said Bragg knows exactly what vitamins certain players need. She knows their favorite shakes. She knows who takes Juven shots- a liquid protein that is designed to aid tissue growth- and she knows how each player likes to recover after a workout.

Simply put: Bragg knows her players. She keeps them conscious of their health, which is something that can make or break an athlete.

"We're out there competing every, single day, giving it our all," Dieter said. "The biggest thing is just taking care of our bodies."

- we dont do it like them, its why they are Bama and all we can do is make fun of their coaches height.
so whats her job?

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/support-staff/karla-horsfall/

PorkSoda

Quote from: twistitup on January 25, 2017, 05:25:14 pm
Secret advantage? $

They got Saban....we've has 4-5 coaches during his tenure ~ where are we now?
yeah, we better fire another one because its working so well for us

twistitup

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 25, 2017, 05:28:52 pm
yeah, we better fire another one because its working so well for us

We should spend the money to get a top mitch, proven head coach  instead of treading water. Bama did, I would say it has worked out wonderfully

Wait...we wont spend the $

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on January 25, 2017, 05:49:31 pm
We should spend the money to get a top mitch, proven head coach  instead of treading water. Bama did, I would say it has worked out wonderfully

Wait...we wont spend the $

Wouldn't matter......

twistitup

PorkSoda

Quote from: twistitup on January 25, 2017, 06:14:08 pm
Are you saying Saban couldnt win at AR?
not enough to make it financially viable.

we would have to spend obscene amounts of money to get him, and then what?  we sell out every game?  we double ticket prices to pay for it?  we win 3-4 more games per year while the Athletic Dept operates deep in the red?

Tarheelhawg

Saban would have to hire a cutting edge team nutrionist , dress all his players in fitbits, and most importantly hire Gwyneth Paltrow as the life coach.   Only then, could Saban win .   

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 25, 2017, 02:44:18 pm
Has anyone undertaken the analysis of whether we're using the right ingredients for our PB&J sammiches??

Jif is far superior to Skippy and Peter Pan.  And it has to be creamy, not chunky (has to do with going #2 at halftime and the discomfort involved in said process).

Smuckers gets my nod over Welch's, Bama (ugh!) and any generic brands.  Grape, of course, beats other flavors, although blackberry is great if it's seedless.  And jam actually is preferred for sandwiches over jelly and preserves.  You get a more level and even spread.

Don't even get me started on bread...
Regarding crunchy or creamy, you may want to invest in some dentures so you can actually chew things up instead of gumming your baby food

bennyl08

- We dont do it like them, its why they are Bama and all we can do is make fun of their coaches height.

Read the links provided. I'll give you a clue. If nutrition determined wins, we'd be 50/50 with Bama, and to be honest, pretty much everybody else in the SEC and country as well.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PorkSoda

so whats coming tomorrow from twist?

first its because CBB is fat

then its because the players arent getting proper nutrition

I'm guessing next up will be that we wear the wrong shade of red

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 25, 2017, 06:54:04 pm
so whats coming tomorrow from twist?

first its because CBB is fat

then its because the players arent getting proper nutrition

I'm guessing next up will be that we wear the wrong shade of red
We haven't had a shoe thread in a few months, how about that?

twistitup

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 25, 2017, 06:19:19 pm
not enough to make it financially viable.

we would have to spend obscene amounts of money to get him, and then what?  we sell out every game?  we double ticket prices to pay for it?  we win 3-4 more games per year while the Athletic Dept operates deep in the red?

You are a joke. Hiring Saban 4-5 coaches ago would have been much more affordable than now- and our program trajectory would also be different.

My point- we dont spend the extra $ on top coaches - we get what we pay for

PorkSoda

Quote from: twistitup on January 25, 2017, 07:21:49 pm
You are a joke.
and you need to take a bong rip and relax, the razorbacks are going to win some games next year.

woodhog14

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on January 25, 2017, 04:33:48 pm
Bret said they eat lobster and steak on sunday after they win.  Hot dogs and macaroni if they lose. Those are words from the big man's mouth himself on his show this summer.

Seems like after we'd lose he'd want better nutrition and let them eat hot dogs after a win...but what do I know?

That was for the Spring Game. Not the regular season. Good lord man...we have nutritionist and players have a specific diet for themselves.

We really do have the dumbest fan base and will bitch about something like it is fact, when in reality they have no clue.

Three and Snout

Quote from: twistitup on January 25, 2017, 05:49:31 pm
We should spend the money to get a top mitch, proven head coach...

Mustain for HC?

The OTR

Quote from: woodhog14 on January 25, 2017, 07:24:59 pm
That was for the Spring Game. Not the regular season. Good lord man...we have nutritionist and players have a specific diet for themselves.

We really do have the dumbest fan base and will bitch about somehting like it is fact, when in reality they have no clue.

Well now I don't remember anything about this only happening for the spring game. 

You seem to be in the know about something....and you don't know much about something.

One thing I always enjoy about Hogville is being called a dummy but someone who can't spell something.  Even better when that person adds an unnecessary comma when scolding everyone for being dumb.

The OTR

Looks like you corrected something and left in the comma.  Glad I quoted you for posterity's sake.

PorkRinds

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that YOU have no idea if we do those things or not.  IF you'd like to show where you learned all this inside info about our nutrition program that you used to make those prognostications, I'd love to take a look at it.

twistitup

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 25, 2017, 07:24:27 pm
and you need to take a bong rip and relax, the razorbacks are going to win some games next year.

True True True

twistitup

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

goodguytex

Hogs should be better next season. If they aren't, more questions need to be asked than just the players nutrition.