Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ripping Bielema and Long

Started by Philibuster, January 22, 2017, 11:49:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Soooie21

Porked Tongue

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 22, 2017, 01:23:33 pm
Time running out at Auburn for Gus so let's try to build support to get rid of Bielema and build support to bring Gus back to Arkansas? That would certainly be a conspiracy theory. It may not be wrong. I've seen stranger things. On the other hand it also sounds a lot like some posters irrational rant that I have read over and over on Hogville.
Or it can be a Gus fan NOT wanting Gus back to the UA but rather just busting chops.

Hogwild

Quote from: pigroots on January 22, 2017, 01:24:23 pm
All this does is hurt the program...stupidity of the highest level

Even if you agree with what was printed (I'm not happy with Long's performance) why do it two weeks before national signing day?  What purpose, aside from letting him boast to his friends, does it serve?  All this is going to do is cast a negative light on the department.

This ad will be discussed on sports talk from Atlanta to Dallas, SEC Network....
You can bet that every single one of our recruits, as well as guys we are still recruiting, will be getting multiple tweets from other schools about that ad.  They will  paint our athletic dept. as divide and will claim that CBB is on his way out. 

Letsroll1200

Mike or Bret didn't have any  control of what happened 8 years ago. Mike does not have a losing record. Fix it

MrKnowItAll

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 22, 2017, 12:38:20 pm
Did Robert Shields move to Memphis and change his name?

From the Bench?

Ironhawg

Quote from: Hogwild on January 22, 2017, 01:39:48 pm
Even if you agree with what was printed (I'm not happy with Long's performance) why do it two weeks before national signing day?  What purpose, aside from letting him boast to his friends, does it serve?  All this is going to do is cast a negative light on the department.

This ad will be discussed on sports talk from Atlanta to Dallas, SEC Network....
You can bet that every single one of our recruits, as well as guys we are still recruiting, will be getting multiple tweets from other schools about that ad.  They will  paint our athletic dept. as divide and will claim that CBB is on his way out. 

Who's to say if the guy who purchased the ad in the paper is even an Arkansas fan?  Something like this could be an attempt by a fan of another program to give the appearance that CBB is on the hot seat at Arkansas.  The timing just before NSD certainly is convenient.  Unfortunately since there was no actual investigation of the ad, the person who bought the ad or anything else, unless some sportswriter in Arkansas does some digging, we won't ever know.  The SDS article was written by Andrew Olsen.  He is a contributing writer for Saturday Down South.  He covers Florida and SEC football.  IMHO the article is a pretty shoddy attempt at journalism.

HawgTide

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on January 22, 2017, 01:23:03 pm
Facts and the bottom line just messes up so many on here.29-43 in the SEC on his watch. Fire him today!

Not sure if serious.

What's your plan? Are you taking care of the buyout? Who are legitimate replacements available right now? How bad would it screw up recruiting?

Torqued pork

The majority of people who read the ad will probably laugh.

Hogwild

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 22, 2017, 01:52:08 pm
Who's to say if the guy who purchased the ad in the paper is even an Arkansas fan?  Something like this could be an attempt by a fan of another program to give the appearance that CBB is on the hot seat at Arkansas.  The timing just before NSD certainly is convenient. 

That is a very good point, based on what some of our fans have done in the past, it didn't cross my mind

Unfortunately since there was no actual investigation of the ad, the person who bought the ad or anything else, unless some sportswriter in Arkansas does some digging, we won't ever know.  The SDS article was written by Andrew Olsen.  He is a contributing writer for Saturday Down South.  He covers Florida and SEC football.  IMHO the article is a pretty shoddy attempt at journalism.

I wouldn't categorize it as an article or journalism. It was basically a post with the picture, I've seen posts on here longer than that.  I'm sure their will be more information forth coming with regard to the author's identification

DLUXHOG

Probably butthurt over losing the GSD (great stadium debacle)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

sowmonella

Dear ad writer,
You are an idiot.
Signed. Sane Hog Fans.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Razorbackers

jcbville

CBS Sports just picked this up. It just came across my notifications from them. It's how I actually found out about it. Wonderful....

hawginbigd1

Quote from: sowmonella on January 22, 2017, 02:25:15 pm
Dear ad writer,
You are an idiot.
Signed. Sane Hog Fans.
Yep and needs taken behind the wood shed, horrible timing to pull this garbage.

Punk

(notOM)Rebel123

So...James Rogers is a "group of fans"?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rhames

Quote from: jcbville on January 22, 2017, 02:35:28 pm
CBS Sports just picked this up. It just came across my notifications from them. It's how I actually found out about it. Wonderful....

Link?

If any national sports outlet picked this up it will be just to make fun of hog fans. Which I doubt anyone worth a damn is really reporting on this
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Probably won't do any big damage but the fact that it came out before NSD and some national sites are picking it up can't help. It will be spun like it's the majority of fans instead of the lunatic fringe.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Tusks

You know what hurts a program the most?  LOSING.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on January 22, 2017, 11:57:44 am
Who on here lives at 50 N. Front Street in Memphis?
Sounds more like someone who calls 201 Poplar in Memphis his home.

LZH

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 22, 2017, 01:20:04 pm
We've beaten the darn out of all 3 situations - Long, BB and Anderson.  What is there left to say? 

Some fans are feeling "trapped".  Not saying they should be or the situation is nearly as dire as they believe. 

That was my point exactly.

factchecker

Quote from: tusked on January 22, 2017, 02:40:55 pm

Tough to win without recruits.

Be unhappy all you want but doing this on our biggest recruiting weekend right before signing day is idiotic.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jcbville

Quote from: rhames on January 22, 2017, 02:37:23 pm

Link?

If any national sports outlet picked this up it will be just to make fun of hog fans. Which I doubt anyone worth a damn is really reporting on this

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/look-angry-arkansas-fan-takes-out-newspaper-ad-to-criticize-bret-bielema-ad/

rhames

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

LZH

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 22, 2017, 02:41:47 pm
Sounds more like someone who calls 201 Poplar in Memphis his home.

Ha! I looked it up.

PonderinHog

rhog1

Quote from: jcbville on January 22, 2017, 02:43:44 pm
http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/look-angry-arkansas-fan-takes-out-newspaper-ad-to-criticize-bret-bielema-ad/
I just got the notification from cbssports on the top of my phone about this. Thanks ad writing moron for making laughingstocks out of our fan base again.

jcbville

Quote from: rhog1 on January 22, 2017, 02:49:52 pm
I just got the notification from cbssports on the top of my phone about this. Thanks ad writing moron for making laughingstocks out of our fan base again.

Yep. That's how I got the story too.

PorkRinds

What's weird is the way these national sites are interpreting it. They say it's "calling out bielema" but really it's calling out Jeff Long.  That doesn't make a big story though, so they twist it to be about CBB specifically. Dishonest tactics.

rhames

Timing makes me think it wasn't a hog fan.

onebadrubi

Who said someone like Freeze doesn't have an add like this put up for a possible recruiting ploy?  Or maybe mccelwain since he knew stewart was here this weekend and at Florida next. 

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

(notOM)Rebel123

Deep Shoat

Quote from: tusked on January 22, 2017, 02:40:55 pm
Well, now we know who paid for the ad...
All Gas, No Brakes!

PonderinHog

(notOM)Rebel123

TNhawgfan

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 22, 2017, 12:31:18 pm
People from Tennessee are such morons.
That's funny because most people in east Tennessee wish Memphis was its own state
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

(notOM)Rebel123

jgphillips3

The timing is just bizarre.  I have to think this guy isn't really a fan.  It's close enough to NSD that I could see an Ole Miss fan doing this to sway recruits like Calloway that we are both in on.

harrisburghog

If we don't change our direction we're likely to wind up where we're at. Whether you agree or not with someone taking an add out the program is not headed in the right direction. This add hurts recruing, really? Based on what I've read on this board AR can't do any better than what's it's always done.

3kgthog

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 22, 2017, 03:00:19 pm
Who said someone like Freeze doesn't have an add like this put up for a possible recruiting ploy?  Or maybe mccelwain since he knew stewart was here this weekend and at Florida next.

Do you also believe the moon landing was staged on a Hollywood back lot?

NotSoFastMyFriend

Just confirmed: The ad is not from an Arkansas Razorback fan.

You know how governments do "information operations" where they drop pamphlets and put up posters and take over radio and TV content? This is a very poorly done, albeit well-timed, example of such.

:razorback:

lasthog

Quote from: LZH on January 22, 2017, 11:57:44 am
Who on here lives at 50 N. Front Street in Memphis?

We will search for him...We will find him...and we will smite him.

Al Boarland

Quote from: 870hogfan on January 22, 2017, 12:19:04 pm
Who actually reads newspapers anymore?
Apparently all of twitter. Bad look.

Porked Tongue

onebadrubi

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 22, 2017, 03:25:50 pm
Do you also believe the moon landing was staged on a Hollywood back lot?

So you say it isn't even slightly possible these types of games would not be played in the recruiting of high division one football players?

Mentioning the possibility of another school doing this is not liek the couple of people in this world that believe the moon landing was staged in Hollywood, you are just an agenda driven troll around here with nothing to do.

Calling All Hogs

So all you have to do to get a story written about you is run an ad? Does it have to be in a newspaper? Can I take out one of those ads on the shopping carts at Krogers and get a write up? I'm guessing more people read those than read the print version of the Arkansas Democrat Gazette.

ur

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 22, 2017, 03:11:02 pm
That's funny because most people in east Tennessee wish Memphis was its own state
Yes, their joke is that if TN ceded memphis to Ark, it would raise the IQ of both states. Ouch.

Biggus Piggus

Threads like these are dumbass flypaper.
[CENSORED]!

LA Football fan

What is worse is that we have a thread on it on Hogville and nobody seems to care if recruits, families of recruits, etc have access to it on a RAZORBACK site.  Incredible that the mods haven't removed this thread.  I don't care if you want CBB to stay or not, letting crap like this stay on the main message board does NOTHING to help this program,  does NOTHING to get CBB removed, and only gives our competition ammunition right before signing day to try and pick off recruits.  Unbelievable what this board has become and what this board tolerates to remain posted right before NSD. 

hoglady

Quote from: factchecker on January 22, 2017, 12:06:35 pm
How much does one of these ADs cost?

I'm thinking about sending in some facts.

Probably in the neighborhood of $2500 maybe more.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality