Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ripping Bielema and Long

Started by Philibuster, January 22, 2017, 11:49:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Solo

Quote from: Showtimehog on January 22, 2017, 08:57:27 pm
This was so stupid. Not because of the ad, but the timing. It's the wrong time of year. If you care about the program, do the ad in the spring. Any other time would be seen as an attempt to sabotage the program.

You're wrong.  Literally no one cares about some yokel illustrating this crap in bad fashion.  As a darksider he's not helping the cause at all.

tophawg19

next question , is he on the foundations list
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 22, 2017, 09:23:56 pm
the real question is, is he still on burt's twitter?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Jek Tono Porkins

Such a stupid argument. The market rate for coaches is high. Bielema makes a lot of money relative to the rest of us, true, but he is the 8th-highest paid head football coach in the SEC. Not exactly underperforming when it comes to his salary. Mike Anderson is higher on that list when it comes to SEC basketball coaches, but not long ago we were second in the SEC. Has he underperformed when it comes to what we're paying him? Perhaps. But it's hard to make that call.

Criticize Bielema all you want for routinely pissing away 4th quarter leads and criticize Mike for losing games he shouldn't. That's fair. But to bring their salary into question is dumb.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Athog

Quote from: BR on January 22, 2017, 11:55:01 am
An ad was taken out in Sunday's Arkansas Democrat Gazette

Total troll aimed at hurting U of A sports. I think most fans will see
through this poor attempt. Fake all the way!

Sivad

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 22, 2017, 09:23:56 pm
More likely a member of the Ole Miss version - the M Club.

factchecker

Quote from: Athog on January 22, 2017, 09:39:38 pm

Total troll aimed at hurting U of A sports. I think most fans will see
through this poor attempt. Fake all the way!

So the anger should then be aimed at the demozette rather than a malcontent fan.

Maybe somebody needs to take out an ad demanding they fire Wally Hall.  He's overpaid if he makes more than $1.00 an hour.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hog Solo

January 22, 2017, 09:54:20 pm #157 Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:13:28 pm by Hog Solo
Quote from: factchecker on January 22, 2017, 09:50:22 pm
So the anger should then be aimed at the demozette rather than a malcontent fan.

Maybe somebody needs to take out an ad demanding they fire Wally Hall.  He's overpaid if he makes more than $1.00 an hour.

Seems like opinion to me.

Thank god you are in charge of fact checking. 

redbarn

The guy has three degrees and the first two are from Ole Miss.  He shows no ties to the U of A.  Pretty easy to figure out what he was doing right close to the end of recruiting.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

plumbhog

Quote from: LA Football fan on January 22, 2017, 04:08:45 pm
What is worse is that we have a thread on it on Hogville and nobody seems to care if recruits, families of recruits, etc have access to it on a RAZORBACK site.  Incredible that the mods haven't removed this thread.  I don't care if you want CBB to stay or not, letting crap like this stay on the main message board does NOTHING to help this program,  does NOTHING to get CBB removed, and only gives our competition ammunition right before signing day to try and pick off recruits.  Unbelievable what this board has become and what this board tolerates to remain posted right before NSD.
So your saying it was Lanny?
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

onebadrubi

Quote from: redbarn on January 22, 2017, 10:11:18 pm
The guy has three degrees and the first two are from Ole Miss.  He shows no ties to the U of A.  Pretty easy to figure out what he was doing right close to the end of recruiting.

We all knew this was a high possibility. But some think it's conspiracy like the moon landings being In Hollywood?

Hog Solo

Quote from: plumbhog on January 22, 2017, 10:14:49 pm
So your saying it was Lanny?

No recruit gives a crap about what old men type on a message board.  Get it through your skulls, the words we type here are sand in the Sahara.  As soon as we type them they get reclaimed immediately through other pieces of noise.

NotSoFastMyFriend

And on the same weekend the Hogs are trying to close on Chevin Calloway, a 4* DB who is down to Arkansas and Ole Miss. Say it ain't so.

PorkRinds

Ironhawg

It doesn't seem like it would take much investigation to out this guy.  I'd be interested to see what he has to say if someone like, oh I don't know, Jim Harris, calls him up and asks him stuff like if he is a Razorback Foundation member?

streitenberger

Most embarrassing (overall) fan base in the SEC

greenie

That news paper ad reminds me of all the protests we've been having the last few days.  Complaining about nonsense.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on January 22, 2017, 09:31:10 pm
Such a stupid argument. The market rate for coaches is high. Bielema makes a lot of money relative to the rest of us, true, but he is the 8th-highest paid head football coach in the SEC. Not exactly underperforming when it comes to his salary. Mike Anderson is higher on that list when it comes to SEC basketball coaches, but not long ago we were second in the SEC. Has he underperformed when it comes to what we're paying him? Perhaps. But it's hard to make that call.

Criticize Bielema all you want for routinely pissing away 4th quarter leads and criticize Mike for losing games he shouldn't. That's fair. But to bring their salary into question is dumb.
Are you suggesting his salary is based on performance? Do you think if he were the highest paid coach he would win more games?

Inhogswetrust

January 23, 2017, 06:40:35 am #168 Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:24:27 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: TebowHater on January 22, 2017, 09:01:55 pm
Not sure if same person but

https://www.bakerdonelson.com/James-R-Hall-Jr

Why would an old miss grad like him care about out putting a hatchet piece about UA athletics in the paper.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: streitenberger on January 23, 2017, 12:34:36 am

Why are you embarassed? Because some goofball from Memphis bought an ad in the Dem-Gazette that, even if read, most will think is idiotic? I read the newspaper every day. But I didn't even notice it until someone posted it on here. Nobody cares.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

DeltaBoy

The Ghost of 2006 are rattling their chains.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogwild

Remember him? The assistant professor in agriculture science department, arrested for cursing at CBB after the Bama game.

according to post on another mb, he is a colleague of D. James Rogers, a staff member in the Crop and Soil Science department.

DC HOGFAN

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 23, 2017, 07:03:12 am
Why are you embarassed? Because some goofball from Memphis bought an ad in the Dem-Gazette that, even if read, most will think is idiotic? I read the newspaper every day. But I didn't even notice it until someone posted it on here. Nobody cares.
BOOM! that's exactly right.

GuvHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 23, 2017, 07:44:54 am
The Ghost of 2006 are rattling their chains.

No truer statement has ever been made. The difference though, is some of those who are attacking this guy actually praised the people who did this very thing to Hooty back then.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hogwild on January 23, 2017, 08:11:45 am
according to post on another mb, he is a colleague of D. James Rogers, a staff member in the Crop and Soil Science department.

If an employee of the university wrote that, he should be fired. No university employee should be that stupid.

Beware of anyone who uses "random quotation marks" and Strange Capitalization in sentences.
[CENSORED]!

hawganatic

The original ad was just a swing ad a miss, and a very lazy effort by the guy that wrote it.  You can't point to the 8 mill in salaries and talk about out of control  spending without putting that into the context of what other schools spend on the three positions.

I suspect that the 8 mill he wants to point too is in line with our on field results, when it is compared to the total for the three positions at the other SEC schools.

hawganatic

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 23, 2017, 03:57:56 am
Are you suggesting his salary is based on performance? Do you think if he were the highest paid coach he would win more games?

The ad that was in the paper states, more or less, that spending in the department is out of control and the three he pointed too are overpaid when you look at their performance.

This poster isn't suggesting his salary is performance based.  He's making the point that if you want a salary/performance analysis like the guy who wrote the ad seems to want to do, you have to look at other schools and make the comparison.  When you do that, what these guys are making is about in line with what they are producing.

Not an excuse for their coaching records, just a response to the idiotic ad and the assertion that spending is out of control.

Redhogs

Quote from: hawganatic on January 23, 2017, 08:34:51 am
The original ad was just a swing ad a miss, and a very lazy effort by the guy that wrote it.  You can't point to the 8 mill in salaries and talk about out of control  spending without putting that into the context of what other schools spend on the three positions.

I suspect that the 8 mill he wants to point too is in line with our on field results, when it is compared to the total for the three positions at the other SEC schools.
Several of which are on the hot seat for poor or mediocre records, including Gus, Sumlin, and Freeze.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hawganatic

Quote from: Redhogs on January 23, 2017, 10:19:37 am
Several of which are on the hot seat for poor or mediocre records, including Gus, Sumlin, and Freeze.

Which has nothing to do with what I posted or the ad that was put in the paper.  The ad points to out of control spending, and when you look at other schools, our spending is about on par with what the market is doing.

The ad was a swing and a miss at running our athletic program down, as was your post pointing at other coaching records, in the context of this discussion.

Redhogs

Quote from: hawganatic on January 23, 2017, 02:13:00 pm
Which has nothing to do with what I posted or the ad that was put in the paper.  The ad points to out of control spending, and when you look at other schools, our spending is about on par with what the market is doing.

The ad was a swing and a miss at running our athletic program down, as was your post pointing at other coaching records, in the context of this discussion.
Which is a fact jack...whether you like it or not. You don't get to be the thought police, got it.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

HotlantaHog

I think it is great that people are buying newspaper ads as a way to try to influence public opinion. Most newspaper readers are older and more affluent than the average person, so you are reaching a decent market (and not recruits). Newspapers need all the help they can get.

To those who disagree, buy your own ad thanking CBB, CMA and JL for their service.

hogsanity

Are any coaches, outside of maybe Saban, Meyer, Dabo & Harbaugh, worth what they are getting paid in football. Are any basketball coaches worth what they are getting paid?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HotlantaHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 23, 2017, 02:50:12 pm
Are any coaches, outside of maybe Saban, Meyer, Dabo & Harbaugh, worth what they are getting paid in football. Are any basketball coaches worth what they are getting paid?
Coach K at Duke?

hogsanity

Quote from: HotlantaHog on January 23, 2017, 02:54:58 pm
Coach K at Duke?

OK, one out 320+ d1 bball coaches.

My point is, if the guy in the add wants to question if football coaches, basketball coaches, and ad;s are paid too much, in general, that is one thing, but to try to point out one of each, at one school, and act like they are over paid is another. They are not close to the highest paid in their own division ( I know bball does not have divisions ) let alone in the conference of nationally.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

EastexHawg

As a fan my primary concern isn't how much Arkansas coaches are being paid compared to other coaches.  I only care that they win.  When it comes to athletic directors, it pretty much begins and ends with running programs that win on the field.  This isn't a business to me, and I'm not a stockholder, so how much money the athletic department is making is largely irrelevant.

Considering those are my criteria, I wouldn't consider any of the three people the advertiser listed as successes.  Putting aside debate about the forum he chose to express his thoughts, I think he makes good points.  I think he should have foregone going down the "contact the Governor" road, but otherwise I think he pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Justifiable Hogicide

Some Ole Miss fan wastes his money trying to discredit the UA athletic programs. Hotty Toddy moron.

Other than putting this info in the paper within a few days of NSD, I saw nothing out of order with this.  I believe BB is the 17th highest paid football HC in college football.  I do not agree that he is the 17th best HC in college football.  I expect results that are reasonable to this program and we are not getting it in Football and Basketball. and yeah, I know the basketball program is picking it up the past few games.  And I also read where the football HC has at least thought about it which is a big + coming from him.  Two weeks ago, he couldn't even talk in the first term, saying you've this and you've that instead of saying we've this and we've that.  Maybe BB is at least starting to own a bit of this damn mess.

PorkRinds

Quote from: 12247 on January 23, 2017, 09:07:14 pm
Other than putting this info in the paper within a few days of NSD, I saw nothing out of order with this.  I believe BB is the 17th highest paid football HC in college football.  I do not agree that he is the 17th best HC in college football.  I expect results that are reasonable to this program and we are not getting it in Football and Basketball. and yeah, I know the basketball program is picking it up the past few games.  And I also read where the football HC has at least thought about it which is a big + coming from him.  Two weeks ago, he couldn't even talk in the first term, saying you've this and you've that instead of saying we've this and we've that.  Maybe BB is at least starting to own a bit of this damn mess.

His English grade must be terrible if he's using they instead of we.  Some of you guys come up with the most random crap to sling at the wall.

The OTR

a former poster here seriously knows exactly who posted this ad

riccoar

Probably some guy who carried his wife's purse while she marched on Saturday.  Douchenozzle for sure.  It paints the program badly outside of the state.  People inside the border may get a chuckle, but people outside looking in are not laughing at us in any sort of positive manner.

1highhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 22, 2017, 12:01:54 pm
The governor part was stupid.

You missed the third target of the rant.

Could have been more effective criticism used than the records for each coach.  But limited space. 

He didn't have limited space, maybe limited funds.  He could have taken out a two or three page ad.  He got so many things wrong it made him look like and idiot.  If you're going to take out and ad, at least get all your ducks in a row.

GuvHog

Quote from: riccoar on January 24, 2017, 06:43:39 am
Probably some guy who carried his wife's purse while she marched on Saturday.  Douchenozzle for sure.  It paints the program badly outside of the state.  People inside the border may get a chuckle, but people outside looking in are not laughing at us in any sort of positive manner.

People outside of the Arkansas border have been laughing at the U of A since April of 2012.

GuvHog

Quote from: 1highhog on January 24, 2017, 06:48:25 am
He didn't have limited space, maybe limited funds.  He could have taken out a two or three page ad.  He got so many things wrong it made him look like and idiot.  If you're going to take out and ad, at least get all your ducks in a row.

Please explain in detail what he got wrong.

The OTR

Quote from: GuvHog on January 24, 2017, 07:48:17 am
People outside of the Arkansas border have been laughing at the U of A since April of 2012.

Guv my friend, you might not think that if you knew who posted and PAID FOR this ad

Have you not paid attention to the clues sprinkled throughout this thread? It WOULD be worth your while, I guarantee you, to read this thread again from top to bottom and notice what I'm "hinting at"

Randy Cavender

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on January 22, 2017, 11:59:16 am
Leave government out of sports. We don't want politics screwing football up too..

Too late for that! Look at the NFL!

The OTR

Quote from: GuvHog on January 24, 2017, 07:48:34 am
Please explain in detail what he got wrong.

again, it's not "what he got wrong"

the real issue is basing "what he said" off of exactly who he is

At this point, you're like Moses just now beginning his journey to the land of milk and honey on this topic. Go back and start over.

The OTR

so...is it "James Rogers" or "Josh Hall"

or...is it Rogers Hall...??

??? <---- rhetorical

There's a Rogers Hall at Vanderbilt, GUV.

Is that the answer? No. Is it a huge clue? Yes

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: streitenberger on January 23, 2017, 12:34:36 am

True of old misses and/or LSU's fanbase...................not ours.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

People outside ANY fanbase laughs at other fanbases. Nothing new. They don't laugh at ours anymore than any other.

hogsanity

Actually, people outside the borders do not spend much time thinking about the U of A at all.