Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 05:09:27 pm

Change is coming this week...

Started by MrKlem10, November 07, 2017, 01:56:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKlem10

When it breaks just say I told you so.... Let's just say down goes the king....

KennyForAD

Quote from: MrKlem10 on November 07, 2017, 01:56:47 pm

Oh, its coming.   But until it happens, KEEP UP THE PRESSURE.   Write letters.  Don't go to games.  Do NOT donate money.

KennyForAD

The attendance at Homecoming broke Jeff Long's back.   But we haven't gotten him yet.  Keep it up.

grayhawg

I believe change is coming, but not this week.

hawgon

When the Praetorians turn on Jeffry Augustus, the end is near.

ricepig

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 07, 2017, 02:03:33 pm
I do get to change my underwear this week, so ya I agree.   CHANGE is coming!   Who hooooo!!!!

It ain't Saturday yet!!

ZERO

If you're talking about Bielema, might as well let him finish the season. There's no saving it. And I don't imagine any other coach is going to leave their team to come coach the last two or three games at Arkansas (games he'll probably lose).
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

rhames

THE only possible thing I see is similar to what happened to Muschamp. Let every one know he is going but is going to finish the season.

Still think it's slim we hear any thing of substance before November 25th
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

RME

Quote from: MrKlem10 on November 07, 2017, 01:56:47 pm

King Harald V of Norway is going down? Is he ill?

hogsanity

Quote from: ZERO on November 07, 2017, 02:05:11 pm
If you're talking about Bielema, might as well let him finish the season. There's no saving it. And I don't imagine any other coach is going to leave their team to come coach the last two or three games at Arkansas (games he'll probably lose).

It'd be a FLa type thing, interim for the last 2 games, while the search begins for the new HC. The new HC would likely be named right after games finish up the weekend of Nov 25, unless the new guy is coaching in a conf title game somewhere.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BR

Didn't we just change the time this week, That's enough... Let us work into something else next week.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

ZERO

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 07, 2017, 02:09:42 pm
It's not BB...  UA isn't firing him with 3 games left and put a lame duck interim in place.  He has to be talking about JL. 

JL probably challenged the PTB over BB and lost!

Probably, but I don't consider either of them the "king", and I also don't think Long loses his job.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

KennyForAD

It's not BB...  UA isn't firing him with 3 games left and put a lame duck interim in place.  He has to be talking about JL. 

Yes.  He is talking about Jeff Long.   But it is NOT over.  We're close.  Probably gonna get him, but not yet.

GuvHog

It’s not BB...  UA isn’t firing him with 3 games left and put a lame duck interim in place.  He has to be talking about JL. 

Agreed...
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

KennyForAD

Quote from: ZERO on November 07, 2017, 02:10:41 pm
Probably, but I don't consider either of them the "king", and I also don't think Long loses his job.

The school cares about MONEY.   Attendance is what is killing Jeff Long and helping the boosters who are fighting to rid us of the snake.   DON'T GO TO GAMES.   We are winning, but it is not over.   JUST DON'T GO TO GAMES.

rhames

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 02:12:18 pm
Yes.  He is talking about Jeff Long.   But it is NOT over.  We're close.  Probably gonna get him, but not yet.

If Jeff Long is fired this week you're looking at another year with Bret or a coach you're going to be extremely disappointed with.

It takes a little longer to get an AD than a coach.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

rhames

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 02:14:35 pm
The school cares about MONEY.   Attendance is what is killing Jeff Long and helping the boosters who are fighting to rid us of the snake.   DON'T GO TO GAMES.   

But the money is already made for this season so your point doesn't really hold too much water.

KennyForAD

Quote from: rhames on November 07, 2017, 02:16:06 pm

But the money is already made for this season so your point doesn't really hold too much water.

Yes it does my friend.  Yes it does.

KennyForAD

I'm not talking about concession sales and the handful of tickets not already sold.   This is a BUSINESS and they are losing their CUSTOMERS.    And it is Jeff Long's fault.    Do not go to games.  Help the boosters with brains win this fight.  DO NOT DONATE UNTIL LONG IS GONE.  Write letters telling them you will NEVER support them FINANCIALLY until Jeff Long is gone.   

Jeff Long's REAL job is to make the UofA money through athletics.   They are building on to a HALF EMPTY STADIUM.  HaHa.  That is how we are winning this fight.

rhames

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 02:20:29 pm
I'm not talking about concession sales.   This is a BUSINESS and they are losing their CUSTOMERS.    And it is Jeff Long's fault.    Do not go to games.  Help the boosters with brains win this fight.  DO NOT DONATE UNTIL LONG IS GONE.  Write letters telling them you will NEVER support them FINANCIALLY until Jeff Long is gone.   

When are donations due?

If you knew you would know your post makes no sense.

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on November 07, 2017, 02:15:13 pm

If Jeff Long is fired this week you're looking at another year with Bret or a coach you're going to be extremely disappointed with.

It takes a little longer to get an AD than a coach.

Very unlikely. If they are going to fire Long then it's extremely likely that they already have an interim AD ready to go and he'll lead the search for the new football HC.

KennyForAD

Quote from: rhames on November 07, 2017, 02:22:02 pm

When are donations due?

If you knew you would know your post makes no sense.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on November 07, 2017, 02:25:07 pm
Very unlikely. If they are going to fire Long then it's extremely likely that they already have an interim AD ready to go and he'll lead the search for the new football HC.

Key phrase being interim Guv.

Now reread my post.

rhames

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on November 07, 2017, 02:27:28 pm
Key phrase being interim Guv.

Now reread my post.

I don't have to re-read it, I get it. You believe an interim AD will hire a poor football coach. I disagree.

KennyForAD

Not how it works.  'They' don't act as a single entity.   They are divided right now and Long is in a power struggle that he is losing.  We are almost over the top.  There is a war going on right now.  The good guys' best weapon is that Jeff Long is endangering the UofA's enormous income off the football program.

Just don't go to games.  Don't donate, and let them know you will never donate until Long is gone.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on November 07, 2017, 02:30:39 pm
I don't have to re-read it, I get it. You believe an interim AD will hire a poor football coach. I disagree.

What coach is going to come here and not know who his AD will be?

You only think that because it lines up with what you want but leaps past reason and logic.

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on November 07, 2017, 02:31:37 pm

That won't be a problem.

The only time who the AD is affects a coaching search is when the coaches know who he is and don't like him. As long as the new coach is guaranteed at least 4 years of his contract, he won't give a thought to the AD being an interim.

rhames

KennyForAD

Quote from: rhames on November 07, 2017, 02:28:15 pm

Enlighten me

How could I be more clear?  The UofA cares about MONEY.  Nothing else.  It is a business and MONEY is the bottom line.   Football is huge revenue.   Jeff Long's job is to make MONEY for the UofA.   Empty stadiums scare the HELL out of them, as it should.   We'll never get people to write letters, or to quit donating because they don't want to lose their seats.   But just don't go to games.   Long will be gone by the end of the season.

KennyForAD

Don't go to Mississippi State game.
Don't go to Mizzou game.

rhames

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 02:36:17 pm
How could I be more clear?  The UofA cares about MONEY.  Nothing else.  It is a business and MONEY is the bottom line.   Football is huge revenue.   Jeff Long's job is to make MONEY for the UofA.   Empty stadiums scare the HELL out of them, as it should.   We'll never get people to write letters, or to quit donating because they don't want to lose their seats.   But just don't go to games.   Long will be gone by the end of the season.

I get what you're saying. I'm saying your "attempt to hit them in the pocket books" is moot for the 2017 season.

All of that "stuff", donations and ticket sales, are funds that have already been received back in the summer.

GuvHog

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 02:30:47 pm
Not how it works.  'They' don't act as a single entity.   They are divided right now and Long is in a power struggle that he is losing.  We are almost over the top.  There is a war going on right now.  The good guys' best weapon is that Jeff Long is endangering the UofA's enormous income off the football program.

Just don't go to games.  Don't donate, and let them know you will never donate until Long is gone.

They were split 5-5 several weeks ago. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that has changed and not in Long's favor.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on November 07, 2017, 02:40:13 pm
They were split 5-5 several weeks ago. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that has changed and not in Long's favor.

Dude. You don't know that. Lol. You read that on here.

Tweeter

Deep Shoat

You know you're on shaky ground when Guv is agreeing with you...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

razorbrock

Coca-Cola is returning?

Just a guess.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ~Winston Churchill

ricepig

Quote from: razorbrock on November 07, 2017, 03:31:42 pm
Coca-Cola is returning?

Just a guess.

Alas poor Yorick, we are stuck with Pepsi for another fortnight......or more like 4 years, me thinks

PharmacistHog

Quote from: rhames on November 07, 2017, 02:31:37 pm

You only think that because it lines up with what you want but leaps past reason and logic.

Hahahahahaha!  You are addressing guv and want to talk about reason and logic?  Hahahahahaha!
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

rhames

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 07, 2017, 06:42:44 pm
Hahahahahaha!  You are addressing guv and want to talk about reason and logic?  Hahahahahaha!

Guilty

hawgon

Quote from: rhames on November 07, 2017, 02:39:08 pm

I get what you're saying. I'm saying your "attempt to hit them in the pocket books" is moot for the 2017 season.

All of that "stuff", donations and ticket sales, are funds that have already been received back in the summer.

It ain't just the UA.  Think how much money WASN'T spent in NWA last week.  All those hotel and restaurant people all chirp and it gets back to the BOT and everyone else.  Lots of people with lots of personal connections to this BOT member or administrator or
that are bitching and unhappy because instead of two more big paydays before Christmas and the end of the year, they've got big zero weekends coming up.

All that plays a part at some point.

jabberjawls

Quote from: rhames on November 07, 2017, 02:39:08 pm

So you are saying that Donation Season is over??  Best laugh of the day!

rhames

Quote from: jabberjawls on November 07, 2017, 09:35:19 pm
So you are saying that Donation Season is over??  Best laugh of the day!

For the 2017 season it is for football.

rhames

Quote from: hawgon on November 07, 2017, 08:06:57 pm
It ain't just the UA.  Think how much money WASN'T spent in NWA last week.  All those hotel and restaurant people all chirp and it gets back to the BOT and everyone else.  Lots of people with lots of personal connections to this BOT member or administrator or
that are bitching and unhappy because instead of two more big paydays before Christmas and the end of the year, they've got big zero weekends coming up.

All that plays a part at some point.

I can't argue that but the point of "don't buy tickets, don't go to games" in an effort to hurt the football program in the pocketbook doesn't really apply since everything for the 2017 season is already "in the books."

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: rhames on November 08, 2017, 07:19:20 am

I can't argue that but the point of "don't buy tickets, don't go to games" in an effort to hurt the football program in the pocketbook doesn't really apply since everything for the 2017 season is already "in the books."
True. However, it is the residual "fall out" of hotel rooms going unsold, restaurant and bar receipts tailing off and other spending tied back to lack of fan attendance that will be a hit to the local economy. If that happens the next two home games I can virtually guarantee that there will be some noise being raised as to the fans' "boycotting" games.

Con el Cerdos

Most if not all coaches do not want to be hired by an interim AD.  Think about that.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: GuvHog on November 07, 2017, 02:33:59 pm
That won't be a problem.

The only time who the AD is affects a coaching search is when the coaches know who he is and don't like him. As long as the new coach is guaranteed at least 4 years of his contract, he won't give a thought to the AD being an interim.

You are so wrong.