Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat updates

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 07, 2015, 02:07:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

The Recruiting Guy

2:36 update- Will have to wait awhile to hear how Agim liked his visit.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/mar/07/saturday-visit-updates/

jackflash

would like to see Capps and Hammonds go a head an commit. But to meet it was just as important that White had a great visit. I think he may be the no 1 running back were after.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Arthur pigby sellers.

Thanks so much for the update RD.  Do you know why the 2 prospects didn't make it?

Hawgzinbowlz

When Devin White said the visit helped Arkansas' chances for him and he plans to come back in the spring or summer, it sounds like we're in the mix for his services.

Good to hear Coach Enos is making a positive impression.

" GO HOGS "

The_Boot_stops_here

Very disappointed Daniels didnt make it and that it sounds like he may not visit at all

Hoggish1

Quote from: jackflash on March 07, 2015, 06:26:33 pm
would like to see Capps and Hammonds go a head an commit. But to meet it was just as important that White had a great visit. I think he may be the no 1 running back were after.

He's the best I've seen us go after in the Bielema era.

HogCzar1

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 07, 2015, 07:56:43 pm
Very disappointed Daniels didnt make it and that it sounds like he may not visit at all

I felt the same way. I thought we were certainly one of his favorites. Evidently not so much.

ar_hog_fan

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 07, 2015, 10:12:01 pm
He's the best I've seen us go after in the Bielema era.

Better than AC? I wanna see this guy's highlight reel.

Positive Pete

Quote from: HogCzar1 on March 08, 2015, 01:11:49 am
I felt the same way. I thought we were certainly one of his favorites. Evidently not so much.

Why would CBB ask him to wait until spring game when he was ready to come this weekend? Bad move by CBB and staff imo.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: Positive Pete on March 08, 2015, 09:00:51 am
Why would CBB ask him to wait until spring game when he was ready to come this weekend? Bad move by CBB and staff imo.

Or maybe, despite what the recruit wants or the recruiting services say or the message board experts believe he should do, CBB may not be as interested and has several defensive lineman ahead of him. 

That's a  craaaaaaaazy thought, I know. But maybe....
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

jjdlc

Quote from: Positive Pete on March 08, 2015, 09:00:51 am

RD re-tweeted a tweet by him yesterday saying that he was unable to make it due to circumstances outside his control.  The coaches asked him to come for the spring game when he told them,  they did not ask him to wait. 

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: jjdlc on March 08, 2015, 10:08:39 am
RD re-tweeted a tweet by him yesterday saying that he was unable to make it due to circumstances outside his control.  The coaches asked him to come for the spring game when he told them,  they did not ask him to wait.

This sounds right.

" GO HOGS "

pccmizuno24

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on March 08, 2015, 10:29:15 am
This sounds right.

" GO HOGS "
[/quote
Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on March 08, 2015, 10:29:15 am
This sounds right.

" GO HOGS "
Told him not to come this weekend cause there was a mess up and asked him to come in April. He's devastated and A&M offered him last night and one on the way from Ohio St. Chris said he's probably not going to come up at all now cause he feels like they don't want him

Straight from the daniels!

Positive Pete

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on March 08, 2015, 10:08:36 am
Or maybe, despite what the recruit wants or the recruiting services say or the message board experts believe he should do, CBB may not be as interested and has several defensive lineman ahead of him. 

That's a  craaaaaaaazy thought, I know. But maybe....

You're right. CBB is so disinterested that he asked Daniels back for the spring game. So either there is real interest in Daniels or CBB is just delaying visits and stringing Daniels along. I think all agree that CBB is more straight forward than that.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: pccmizuno24 on March 08, 2015, 12:05:35 pm
Told him not to come this weekend cause there was a mess up and asked him to come in April. He's devastated and A&M offered him last night and one on the way from Ohio St. Chris said he's probably not going to come up at all now cause he feels like they don't want him

Straight from the daniels!
Man that stinks.  Bad mistake if true. 

usf15cc

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on March 08, 2015, 04:01:21 pm
Man that stinks.  Bad mistake if true.
Why is it always a mistake. I have trust in coach B to find the players he wants not the players the fans think he should. If coach B doesn't like what he sees so be it.

Positive Pete

Quote from: usf15cc on March 08, 2015, 07:50:02 pm
Why is it always a mistake. I have trust in coach B to find the players he wants not the players the fans think he should. If coach B doesn't like what he sees so be it.
It's not that he "doesn't like what he sees".  If that was the case CBB would not have asked him back for the spring game.  Read pcmizuno24 post.  They (Arkansas recruiting staff) messed up his visit. 

PorkRinds

If he's that devastated because of a mix up, and is going all drama filled and calling out coaches on twitter, maybe he won't be that big of a loss.

Vantage 8 dude

Okay...so there was a "mess up" on the part of someone (the staff?). Unfortunately it happens, and I'm sure it does at EVERY program from time-to-time. While it's not what you want to see or hear, IF the young man truly likes the Hogs as we've been led to believe then he'll still make it up later in the spring. Besides, the weather in a few weeks will hopefully be much better than last weekend. IF this is enough to stop him or alter his thinking about the program, and I'm certainly not saying it is, then I seriously have to question his true devotion and liking of the Hogs to begin with. Not "knocking" the young man; just calling it like I see it.

jjdlc

Are we even sure that a mess up was made?  Nothing against pccmizuno24, but we get people in here all the time claiming to get info straight from so and so, and probably 90% of the time the info is bogus.  They either got the info 3rd or 4th hand,  or straight out made it up.  This may be one of those times when it is real, but just seems awfully out of character for this staff.  This would be an unofficial visit, in other words Daniels would be paying his own way, so it wouldn't be like the staff screwed up flight plans or anything like that.

pccmizuno24

Quote from: jjdlc on March 09, 2015, 01:44:44 pm
Are we even sure that a mess up was made?  Nothing against pccmizuno24, but we get people in here all the time claiming to get info straight from so and so, and probably 90% of the time the info is bogus.  They either got the info 3rd or 4th hand,  or straight out made it up.  This may be one of those times when it is real, but just seems awfully out of character for this staff.  This would be an unofficial visit, in other words Daniels would be paying his own way, so it wouldn't be like the staff screwed up flight plans or anything like that.
My info came straight from senior who I have know for over 25 years! I actually copied his text and pasted it above.
He being a lifelong and die hard hog fan, it really pisses him off how they are stringing junior alone. Either they are interested or not. He understands thats part of recruiting but thinks he may be a fall back recruit. Maybe now that Capps is on board they may not be at all interested anymore. Hard to let a top 300 and #9 defensive lineman go elsewhere IMO.

rlamb

We several DL prospect looking at us. Lawrence, Jones, White, a DL from Kansas can't remember his name, Jackson. I hope Daniels comes for a visit. To early in recruiting to get upset.

Oklahawg

Quote from: pccmizuno24 on March 09, 2015, 06:57:31 pm
My info came straight from senior who I have know for over 25 years! I actually copied his text and pasted it above.
He being a lifelong and die hard hog fan, it really pisses him off how they are stringing junior alone. Either they are interested or not. He understands thats part of recruiting but thinks he may be a fall back recruit. Maybe now that Capps is on board they may not be at all interested anymore. Hard to let a top 300 and #9 defensive lineman go elsewhere IMO.

I am betting that they wanted to have each of these guys on campus "alone" or at least able to have their own private moment. They gave Capps that, and they'll do the same for Daniels. But they won't make him share a weekend with 3-4 other DTs.

A bet, or at least a hunch. Don't blame a parent for being hot about a change (ie, staff realized Capps might commit) or not seeing the bigger picture.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PorkRinds

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 09, 2015, 09:35:16 pm
I am betting that they wanted to have each of these guys on campus "alone" or at least able to have their own private moment. They gave Capps that, and they'll do the same for Daniels. But they won't make him share a weekend with 3-4 other DTs.

A bet, or at least a hunch. Don't blame a parent for being hot about a change (ie, staff realized Capps might commit) or not seeing the bigger picture.

This is likely.  Capps likely was higher on the list, so when they thought he would probably commit this weekend, they may have decided to give him the weekend to himself DL wise.  Or it really could have been a mix up.  Who really knows?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: pccmizuno24 on March 09, 2015, 06:57:31 pm
So with your intimate knowledge of the young man you're saying that just because he wasn't on the Hill this past weekend he's definitely going somewhere else?   

ml2200

Isn't this the kid who was planning on visiting A&M on Friday and then us on Saturday?  Is it possible at all that the coaches were trying to get him here for an entire weekend?

TNhawgfan

Recruiting is like a soap and there's too much drama for me to keep up with it all. You guys on this board do a great job though
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol