Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did we ever come up with what we were going to do with the 25th scholarship

Started by outlawhogeywells, February 23, 2015, 04:15:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

outlawhogeywells

Just wondering if any news has come out with what we are going to do with the 25th scholarship.  At one time E J Franks said our phone was ringing off the wall asking about that scholarship. 
Are we holding till next year?

HoggusMaximus

hawginbigd1

I am hopeful we can give it to another 5 the year transfer that can fill a need, DL or LB. I am also hopeful that we don't have room to sign 26 next year, it will take some major attrition to sign that many.

online-with-swine

The SEC offices ruled that we will have to give it up to Tennessee or Bama for next year.

SwineGrind

Seebs

They will give it to the best possible player and I hope it is December to a JUCO lineman enrolling in the spring.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Wildhog

Perhaps we find another Josh Allen.  It will probably be saved for next year, though.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on February 23, 2015, 09:29:00 pm
Perhaps we find another Josh Allen.  It will probably be saved for next year, though.

I'd say odds definitely favor that.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Ajay Turner?  Ha ha. AJay did really well at Coffeysville this year and is said to be coming back to ASU. We will see tho. Was 2nd on the team in tackles and missed the first two games bc was late getting paperwork back for being cleared. Still finished with 89 tackles. Not bad.

SEdrhawg

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: SEdrhawg on February 24, 2015, 08:20:19 am
Vin ascolee still around????

Changed his name to JJ Watt because he wanted to succeed without all the hype.  I think he picked up with someone somewhere. 

Hogsolo

Hawghiggs

Quote from: online-with-swine on February 23, 2015, 06:25:59 pm
The SEC offices ruled that we will have to give it up to Tennessee or Bama for next year.
Would not doubt it one bit.

The_Bionic_Pig

Don't most major D-1 transfers occur during the summer months...I recall the rumors of a Stanford Cardinal wanting to return closer to Texas at one time....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Oklahawg

Transfers occur at semester breaks, most after spring drills and before summer school starts at destination schools.

That said, I believe we have treated the 25th scholie like finding a $5 bill in a coat pocket - spent 10 times over already!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra