Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will be the second to commit in the 2016 class

Started by Hogginout, February 11, 2015, 05:56:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogginout

Looking at some of the other teams in the SEC having started out the 2016 class out strong, who will be next for the Hogs and can we lock the state down again like last season?
Hogs 4 Life

HogsOfAnarchy

Scott7703

Quote from: mbcarnett on February 11, 2015, 06:17:33 pm
Hardwick as soon as we offer

He should have been committed yesterday. One mans opinion but he will be the best linebacker to come out of the state in years.

HogsOfAnarchy

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 11, 2015, 06:19:28 pm

He should have been committed yesterday. One mans opinion but he will be the best linebacker to come out of the state in years.
I agree. I'm sure an offer is coming soon

rljjr

Saw him play last season and his name was called on almost every tackle. Always near the ball and brings a big hit with him.

COCHISE

Bold prediction considering Spaight. I hope you're right.

navyhog24

I think they're waiting because of grades. This '16 class, though, seems to be a lot more of a mystery as far as who the Hogs are leading for

SwineGrind

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 11, 2015, 07:19:58 pm
I think they're waiting because of grades. This '16 class, though, seems to be a lot more of a mystery as far as who the Hogs are leading for

This.

mountainhog

lilRockNDubb

mountainhog

Tim Harris

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on February 11, 2015, 09:49:21 pm
This class might be limited due to scholly commits

Right now we can sign 26 kids next year.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 12, 2015, 07:49:54 am
Right now we can sign 26 kids next year.

Believe he meant due to the 85 limit, not the 25 yearly.

Tim Harris

Where we stand in regards to the 85 limit has no bearing on how many kids we can sign.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 12, 2015, 07:56:56 am
Where we stand in regards to the 85 limit has no bearing on how many kids we can sign.
Do you take kids after signing day to get your numbers back up to 85 then put them on scholarship later or just how do you do that legally?

Tim Harris

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on February 12, 2015, 08:23:42 am
Do you take kids after signing day to get your numbers back up to 85 then put them on scholarship later or just how do you do that legally?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  The ones you sign on NSD don't have to have a spot on the 85 until they show up on campus.  Kids will leave at semester, after spring practice, etc...  Like they say the numbers always work themselves out.

lilRockNDubb

redleg

Hardwick is a good bet to commit once offered.
I think Austin Capps may be closer to committing than people may think.
I seriously doubt if Agim will be a Hog.
Damarea Crockett and TJ Hammonds are good bets to commit if offered, as well as John Tate and David Beasley and Kiondre Thomas.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 12, 2015, 08:29:52 am
I'm not sure I understand the question.  The ones you sign on NSD don't have to have a spot on the 85 until they show up on campus.  Kids will leave at semester, after spring practice, etc...  Like they say the numbers always work themselves out.
Say after grads,transfers.... are out of that number and a couple of those were unexpected and your count looked like it was at say82. If you took 25 on signing day how do you legally get up to 85 with a 25 per year limit?

CDBHawg

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 12, 2015, 07:56:56 am

It may. It may not. Time will tell.

I understand we are ar to sign 26, but do we want that much attrition? I guess we'll find out in about a year.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on February 12, 2015, 09:01:49 am
Say after grads,transfers.... are out of that number and a couple of those were unexpected and your count looked like it was at say82. If you took 25 on signing day how do you legally get up to 85 with a 25 per year limit?

4 x 25 = 100. Throw in redshirts and it's even more. This is the last year we'll have trouble getting to 85.

Bad News Boar

Agim is the big fish. Others haven't been reported on as much yet, so we don't know a whole lot about them. Bielema was in Star City to see Capps a few weeks ago, so they are high on him.
Some of the greatest poetry is revealing to the reader the beauty in something that was so simple you had taken it for granted.

bigred223

Agim would be huge, but we will have to battle for him.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on February 12, 2015, 09:01:49 am

You tell a few of your juniors that aren't contributing that its time to find a new home.

Tim Harris

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 12, 2015, 09:16:56 am
It may. It may not. Time will tell.

I understand we are ar to sign 26, but do we want that much attrition? I guess we'll find out in about a year.

I'm not saying I like it but in the world of big time college football if you aren't contributing by your 3rd year on campus you will probably be looking elsewhere to play.

I'm not saying I want to see us the level of Bama but it is going to happen everywhere.

texas tush hog

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 12, 2015, 11:20:52 am
You tell a few of your juniors that aren't contributing that its time to find a new home.

That is going to be more difficult with the four year scholarships, that I think began with this class.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 12, 2015, 11:35:57 am
That is going to be more difficult with the four year scholarships, that I think began with this class.

Then you say, "I legally can't pull your scholarship, but if you stay you will get no snaps the rest of your career. Not even special teams. So it may be in your family's best interest to go somewhere else. I'll make some phone calls for you, ok?"

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Tusks

This is a key class for CBB.  If he can put together another class in 16 like 15 then the UA finally has those awesome back to back classes that have been so elusive.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

whosiskid

Quote from: redleg on February 12, 2015, 08:39:46 am
Hardwick is a good bet to commit once offered.
I think Austin Capps may be closer to committing than people may think.
I seriously doubt if Agim will be a Hog.
Damarea Crockett and TJ Hammonds are good bets to commit if offered, as well as John Tate and David Beasley and Kiondre Thomas.

I just did a thread on Hammonds and I think he will get an offer at some point. I believe he won't take much time committing. And I agree that Capps will be a Hog sooner rather than later.

I have more trouble reading Agim than any player in ages. I think our chances are better than many think, but I also think he isn't terribly committed to the state, so he could easily go elsewhere. But I think both Hammonds (it will be very interesting to see if we take him as a running back or WR; I personally like him better at running back: he has great vision of the field, a great burst in any direction, runs low to the ground with a marked forward lean that doesn't impair his ability to cut on a dime, and an additional gear that allows him to break long runs. See his highlight reel here (it is a VERY impressive reel):

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1905248/highlights/160102375/v2

It will be tragic if we don't get Hardwick. He loves the Razorbacks and can dominate on the field. I'm guessing the hold up is grades.

Also, keep in mind that we have a kid - and it irritates me that I can't remember his name - that Bielema placed with one of the smaller colleges. He didn't have Division One grades, but Bielema loved his athletic ability, so he placed him with a school where he was going to sit out his freshman year (which would be this year), but play his second year. After that, if his grades were good enough he was going to get a scholarship to Arkansas with three years to play three. They were hoping he was going to be either an extremely fast and big cornerback or an unusually fast safety. Big kid with great speed, but weak in the classroom. I hope he did well his first semester and will do well this one.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Tim Harris

Quote from: whosiskid on February 12, 2015, 05:43:49 pm
I just did a thread on Hammonds and I think he will get an offer at some point. I believe he won't take much time committing. And I agree that Capps will be a Hog sooner rather than later.

I have more trouble reading Agim than any player in ages. I think our chances are better than many think, but I also think he isn't terribly committed to the state, so he could easily go elsewhere. But I think both Hammonds (it will be very interesting to see if we take him as a running back or WR; I personally like him better at running back: he has great vision of the field, a great burst in any direction, runs low to the ground with a marked forward lean that doesn't impair his ability to cut on a dime, and an additional gear that allows him to break long runs. See his highlight reel here (it is a VERY impressive reel):

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1905248/highlights/160102375/v2

It will be tragic if we don't get Hardwick. He loves the Razorbacks and can dominate on the field. I'm guessing the hold up is grades.

Also, keep in mind that we have a kid - and it irritates me that I can't remember his name - that Bielema placed with one of the smaller colleges. He didn't have Division One grades, but Bielema loved his athletic ability, so he placed him with a school where he was going to sit out his freshman year (which would be this year), but play his second year. After that, if his grades were good enough he was going to get a scholarship to Arkansas with three years to play three. They were hoping he was going to be either an extremely fast and big cornerback or an unusually fast safety. Big kid with great speed, but weak in the classroom. I hope he did well his first semester and will do well this one.

I think you are thinking of Gary Cross from Fordyce.

Arthur pigby sellers.

In state group not looking as strong as last year.  Even with a good year on the field it may be hard to have as good a recruiting class as last year.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Not looking as strong bc most the studs are def players and no true QB like Storey from in state. If we get Agim and Capps it will be huge.

Pork Twain

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 12, 2015, 11:35:57 am

Things will still work themselves out but I am not really worried about it due to natural attrition over a 4 year period.

Here is some guidance on the four year scholarships, which still allow for things to work themselves out.

"can neither be reduced nor canceled provided the student-athlete remains in good standing and meets his/her terms of the agreement."
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

justmaybe

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 13, 2015, 11:29:51 am
Things will still work themselves out but I am not really worried about it due to natural attrition over a 4 year period.

"can neither be reduced nor canceled provided the student-athlete remains in good standing and meets his/her terms of the agreement."

But that last quote only applies to the year. They are one year deals.....officially.....though most get them for four years if they make the grades and keep their nose clean

ricepig

Quote from: justmaybe on February 13, 2015, 09:44:57 pm
But that last quote only applies to the year. They are one year deals.....officially.....though most get them for four years if they make the grades and keep their nose clean

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2333433-ncaa-vote-expands-athletic-scholarships-latest-details-and-reaction

gmarv

does anybody have a feel for how many instate kids we will recruit?thought I saw somewhere it was around 8.

Tim Harris

Quote from: gmarv on February 14, 2015, 07:31:05 am
does anybody have a feel for how many instate kids we will recruit?thought I saw somewhere it was around 8.

Seems like most every year we are in the 6-10 range.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 12, 2015, 11:34:25 am
I'm not saying I like it but in the world of big time college football if you aren't contributing by your 3rd year on campus you will probably be looking elsewhere to play.

I'm not saying I want to see us the level of Bama but it is going to happen everywhere.

A certain percentage of those kids who haven't contributed, when told they aren't in the coaches plans, may choose of their own free will to leave the program and transfer, especially if they love playing football and want to get on the field.

That shouldn't be a negative reflection on anybody's coaching staff.  Not all recruits pan out, or work hard enough to develop in college, or whatever.  They can go to a DII school and play right away and enjoy their last two years of a playing career.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

redleg

Recruits that may get an offer from the Hogs, or already have one:
DE McTelvim Agim, Hope
DT Austin Capps, Star City
DE John Tate, Pine Bluff
LB Deontre Hardwick, Ft. Smith Northside
WR Jordan Jones, Smackover - Hog commit
RB Damarea Crockett, LR Christian
QB Kasey Ford, Bentonville
DT Cameron Murray, Bryant
ATH T.J. Hammonds, Pulaski Robinson
QB Breylin Smith, Conway
TE Dylan Soehner, Prairie Grove
OL Kadarius Rowe, Hope
CB Kiondre Thomas, Ft. Smith Northside
S David Beasley, Pine Bluff
RB Cleo Floyd, Hot Springs
S/LB Si Kilinc, Ft. Smith Southside
CB Tyrone Mahone, Bentonville
:razorback:

ricepig

Quote from: redleg on February 18, 2015, 08:41:33 am
Recruits that may get an offer from the Hogs, or already have one:
DE McTelvim Agim, Hope
DT Austin Capps, Star City
DE John Tate, Pine Bluff
LB Deontre Hardwick, Ft. Smith Northside
WR Jordan Jones, Smackover - Hog commit
RB Damarea Crockett, LR Christian
QB Kasey Ford, Bentonville
DT Cameron Murray, Bryant
ATH T.J. Hammonds, Pulaski Robinson
QB Breylin Smith, Conway
TE Dylan Soehner, Prairie Grove
OL Kadarius Rowe, Hope
CB Kiondre Thomas, Ft. Smith Northside
S David Beasley, Pine Bluff
RB Cleo Floyd, Hot Springs
S/LB Si Kilinc, Ft. Smith Southside
:razorback:

4 of those have offers and 1 of those is committed.

redleg

Hogginout

Hogs 4 Life

The real Hogules

I could see 10 scholarship offers, possibly 11 from our coaching staff to in state athletes.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

tophawg19

the TE Soehner may be on the outside looking in with all the depth we have at TE . any other year they would be really interested . Not sure if he could play another position. The hogs national recruiting is helping ASU  in recruiting inside the state .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

usf15cc

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 20, 2015, 08:25:30 pm
the TE Soehner may be on the outside looking in with all the depth we have at TE . any other year they would be really interested . Not sure if he could play another position. The hogs national recruiting is helping ASU  in recruiting inside the state .
Maybe a walk on shot with him. If he wants to be a hog really bad!

aloha_kid

Quote from: rljjr on February 11, 2015, 06:38:18 pm
Saw him play last season and his name was called on almost every tackle. Always near the ball and brings a big hit with him.

Sounds like Spaight this year.

http://247sports.com/Player/Deontre-Hardwick-35371

Music City Hog

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 20, 2015, 07:16:43 pm
I could see 10 scholarship offers, possibly 11 from our coaching staff to in state athletes.

The staff are already said it's a light year in state.  There is no chance 10-11 in state kids get offers. 

Hogginout

Should we be worried about still only having one commitment?
Hogs 4 Life