Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to Joe Foley and UALR women...

Started by hoglady, March 21, 2015, 05:04:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Foley gets career win #700 and UALR advances with a win over A&M.
For the State of Arkansas to have 2 women's teams advance into the 2nd round is huge for women's basketball in this state.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

pccmizuno24

they are rolling right now over 3 seed ASU up 9 with 1 minute left in first half

hoglady

UALR playing well - giving Arizona St. all they want.
Hope they can keep up the heat and win the game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Hogtropolis™

Refs really cheated UALR toward the end of that game. I think they just got caught up with the home crowd. UALR outplayed ASU.

(notOM)Rebel123

UALR got hosed. Pitiful. All Foley could do was laugh. He knew he was licked. Great effort Trojans!
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hoglady

That 4 point swing just did them in.
The ASU basket and a simultaneous off the ball foul allowed a 4 point swing that cost them the game. Did anybody ever see a replay of the off the ball foul?
I recorded it but never saw a replay.

BWS

Just watched the replay of that four point possession. On that first basket, it looked like number 20 for UALR bumped into an ASU player as she was getting into position for the rebound. The ASU player fell down and the ref blew his whistle immediately afterwards. 

hog63

Quote from: hoglady on March 23, 2015, 10:48:09 pm
That 4 point swing just did them in.
The ASU basket and a simultaneous off the ball foul allowed a 4 point swing that cost them the game. Did anybody ever see a replay of the off the ball foul?
I recorded it but never saw a replay.

Not a call you see everyday but after looking at the replay it was a correct call. Does this call get ignored all the time? Yes, but it was correct call just a crappy time for it to be called.

This goes back to officiating is horrible in the women's game. Everyone complains about the men's game. If they came over and watched the women's game for a full season they would never complain again. They are just flat awful!!!!!

lc480

If the point guard would taken good shot instead of throwing up wild ones UALR would have won that game. She was wild out there.

hog63

Quote from: lc480 on March 24, 2015, 09:44:54 am
If the point guard would taken good shot instead of throwing up wild ones UALR would have won that game. She was wild out there.

I would agree the point guard did throw up some wild onee, and I was surprised that it looked like the last couple of trips down the floor the plays were drawn up for her to take the shot. The biggest reasons UALR lost were #1, it looked like you ran out of gas, and #2 Gault was shut down in the second half. she looked like she was completely disconnected for whatever reason.   

Rocket23

They were calling that earlier in the game.  Twice the offensive post players for ASU came down and displaced the UALR defensive player and was called for offensive foul.  It was correct call.

What did them in was that prayer three-pointer that banked in and Gault seldom touching the ball on the offensive end in the last six minutes.

jackflash

UALR had a great season. How many seniors did they have. And who do they have coming in?

hoglady

Quote from: jackflash on March 25, 2015, 11:23:41 pm
UALR had a great season. How many seniors did they have. And who do they have coming in?

They lose Gault and that's a huge loss. Really tough to replace her, but Foley always seems to find players he can make winner's out of.